Home The Bridge

Gauntlet's Most Irritating Feature Contest

2»

Comments

• For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »
    Top 10 finish already guarantees nothing lower than 3*. My suggestion is to do the same for the top streak box, so one tier lower.

Does it? I could have sworn I got a 2* from a top 10 finish, but perhaps I'm mistaken.

And yes, I agree with your suggestion. That will help the streaks feel less sad.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Top 10 finish already guarantees nothing lower than 3*. My suggestion is to do the same for the top streak box, so one tier lower.

Does it? I could have sworn I got a 2* from a top 10 finish, but perhaps I'm mistaken.

And yes, I agree with your suggestion. That will help the streaks feel less sad.

I don't know if there was a change since launch, but I can't remember the last time I finished outside the top 10, and these days I never get trainers or 2* or less items from end boxes.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know if there was a change since launch, but I can't remember the last time I finished outside the top 10, and these days I never get trainers or 2* or less items from end boxes.

There is no guarantee, they just have higher ceilings.

For instance a Chest is "Up to Equippable 3 star item"
    Vault is "Up to Equippable 5 star item"

That's from the game screens themselves.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »

Until I actually see either trainers or 2* or lower item from a vault (top 10 finish box), I'll believe they don't drop.
  • bowdybowdy ✭✭✭
    The end times are what annoy me, I'm in bed, I often miss the end of the gauntlet so am not winning as much as I can.

Same with arena - especially this month when I'm chasing those Shenzhou schematics.
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bet you can't pick just one!

The rewards are jacked, but when you hit a wall and the re-roll changes nothing, that gets irksome quickly.
    I don't mind the RNG per se, but the poor quality streaky RNG is certainly grating.

FFS, ditch the trainers completely after 12 streak and top 50 rank. Seriously, if you're getting that far, you don't need trainers any more.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »

I have never seen something below a 3* equipment/component drop from a t10 box. That includes no credits and no trainers, and I'm not sure I've seen a chrons quantity lower than 40 (but it might be 20, not 100% sure there)
  • ProsserProsser ✭✭✭
    Where's all of the above option?
  • Ulrikk wrote: »
    Having a 45% crit chance vs a 5% crit chance and getting fewer crits on 6 rolls consistently.

I mean, I realize how statistics and confirmation bias work. But this right there happens way more often than can be reasonably expected.
  • Prosser wrote: »
    Where's all of the above option?

As some not Klingon looking Klingons say "You have to choose your pain"...
  • Ulrikk wrote: »
    Having a 45% crit chance vs a 5% crit chance and getting fewer crits on 6 rolls consistently.

I mean, I realize how statistics and confirmation bias work. But this right there happens way more often than can be reasonably expected.

If something smells bad, it is bad.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Ulrikk wrote: »
    Having a 45% crit chance vs a 5% crit chance and getting fewer crits on 6 rolls consistently. It's a given that a 5% crit for the defender will generate at least 1 crit in 3 rolls and a 25% defender will crit 2 times out of 3. Whatever is necessary to beat you by 10-30 points.

Worse is when you have a Legendary multi* with 25-45% go up against a clearly weaker 3* crew with 5% and lose, when you are trying to get a cheap win. My Mirror Crusher*** Lvl100FE vs Dr Selar recently did that to me.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Not even sure where to start when it comes to complaining about the gauntlet.
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our contestant just hit 9 wins in a row!! Johnny, tell them what they've won!! "Well, contestant, we have a very special prize pack for you, you have just won 5 count them 5 3* TRAINERS!!!!!!!" :neutral:
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • I don't really feel at home on these forums unless there is a RNG-complaint-thread on the first page, so I decided to resurrect this one.

0ikmyix51za1.png

Traits are Federation, Romantic, Diplomat - so my 45% against the opponent's 25%. If my math isn't totally off, my chances of not critting at all is less than 3%, his chances of critting every single one is less than 0.1% - with both happening at the same time... let's just say with the way the DBRNG swings, I'll be buying plenty of packs today.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really feel at home on these forums unless there is a RNG-complaint-thread on the first page, so I decided to resurrect this one.

0ikmyix51za1.png

Traits are Federation, Romantic, Diplomat - so my 45% against the opponent's 25%. If my math isn't totally off, my chances of not critting at all is less than 3%, his chances of critting every single one is less than 0.1% - with both happening at the same time... let's just say with the way the DBRNG swings, I'll be buying plenty of packs today.

Please avoid resurrecting threads - thanks.
    Closing.
This discussion has been closed.