Home The Bridge

Do no harm (personal rant)

edited March 2018 in The Bridge
Well, I bit, because of the release of Defensive Phlox for the second time. The first time he got released, I did six pulls and got all honor crap. Yes, I should have made a mental note back then.

I opted to dump all my dil into the Do no Harm pack again, and boy was it the wrong life choice. Five pulls, three Docs, one Tobby and one Paris - ergo, all honor. I guess I should feel happy that I got a star on Lon Suder as a concellation prize.

My problem with this pack is mostly not my terrible luck, but the low blow it represents. DB knows that everyone wants a Defensive Phlox for the gauntlet, and knows that people will spend, and how. It makes all the sense in the world from marketing standpoint, but I am really starting to question the drop rates in this game. I got burnt on the last week's dual 10 for 10 offer, on this week's 15 for 25 offer, and on pulling 5 packs on this one.

While I have been defending STT and DB a lot in the past, I am slowly converting to the viewpoint that people really need to know the real chances of getting stuff. Otherwise it's just either blind luck or playing the slot machines. Maybe my problem is that I am not much of a game of chance guy.

Do No Harm... well... it did harm. I guess only my Honor total got really happy from getting around 2000 points more in it.

Comments

• barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanna do this pack. But I have Paris FF'd and I don't know that I'm willing to take that risk even with 5 other crew that could drop that I all need.
  • S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
    Ah the buyers remorse... well, I too am experiencing this... I did a single 650 dil pull and got the command hologram.... the only crew in the pull I had FF... didn’t even have one copy of the others... oh well
  • Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    Yup. That pack is waaaaaay to dangerous to waste your time and money on
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • People just won't stop giving DB money will they. Even when they expect disappointment...*facepalm*
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did one pull and got Pulaski, so I'm pretty pleased. Better quit while I'm ahead.
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    People just won't stop giving DB money will they. Even when they expect disappointment...*facepalm*
    Well, they got me because I had none FF... even if all 3 Super Rares are in general circulation.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I opted to dump all my dil into the Do no Harm pack again, and boy was it the wrong life choice. Five pulls, three Docs, one Tobby and one Paris - ergo, all honor.

5 pulls would've given you an ~8% chance to pull the 5* of your choice.

Personally, I would've bought the pack if I didn't spend honour to FFFE Russell last week.

And on that note:

Let's make a deal DB. I'll buy packs but if I pull a Russell you have to give me 18K Honour back. I promise I won't get salty on the forums if I pull Paris or McCoy.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • People just won't stop giving DB money will they. Even when they expect disappointment...*facepalm*

That's human nature for you... It's like bying a piece of clothing or shoes you really like now and not putting on for months... But yeah. There is more to the story.

You remember Suus Mahna Sarek? I did 5 pulls on that event. The first one bugged and gave me a Saru (from the old event, but still legendary), and 4 Sareks. Back then I said that I will pay for my luck. And I have been paying for it ever since.

I am spending carefully, no more than 25€ at a time, and no more than 40 a month, but everything since that Sarek point had terrible results. 10 for 10's resulting in no more than 2 useful crew, the double 10 for 10 from last week resulting in 6/20 useful crew (2 Legendaries), the 15 for 25 resulting in 3/15 (1 Legendary), and the current disappointment.

Yes, what I really mean is that you are 100% right, RNGeverything. I just wanted to provide more proof to your point.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only buy event packs now. Better odds, less disappointment.
    Let’s fly!
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did 5 pulls 650 dilithium each and got her. I was lucky, but i know what i am up to. Set a limit of 5 pulls before, so it was on point. :)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • [DC] Principia[DC] Principia ✭✭✭✭
    If you were playing for Defensive Phlox and that's it, that's about a 3% chance of getting what you want.
  • StygianStygian ✭✭✭
    An aside: So ‘Command Hologram’ still doesn’t have the Doctor trait. How can he be included in a pack of Doctors without this trait?
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stygian wrote: »
    An aside: So ‘Command Hologram’ still doesn’t have the Doctor trait. How can he be included in a pack of Doctors without this trait?

Neither does Paris.
  • StygianStygian ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    The thing is, pretty much all the other versions of the Doctor have the trait... Holonovel, and Author do.

Ironically, his ‘name’ used to be Command Hologram, but ‘Doctor’ for short. Here’s a screenshot from over a year ago...

vrqz872n1emc.png

As for Paris, I question his inclusion too...
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    Stygian wrote: »
    As for Paris, I question his inclusion too...
    He should have either Nurse or Caregiver actually. Nurse probably as traits have wide enough interpretation and it's not without precedent for him anyway.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish Tuesdays and Wednesdays they would make the same offer they do for events. Allow you to buy 2 copies of the "Best Chance" crew for $100 plus 10 best chance packs and the other stuff. Then Wednesday mirror the event $50 offer with 1 crew.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like the Pulaski, McCoy, or Phlox but I have all the 4-stars FF'd. I think from reading this thread that I'll wait on putting forth my last bit of dil toward this pack. I do want to see tomorrow where DB is placing Victorian Pulaski for the event. If she's threshold then I might spring for this pack, if she's reward then I might use my dil on the event pack for a chance at more of her.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would have bought more Dilithium to pull this pack (Even though I gotta whole big bunch)
    Wife and I had decided to do multiple.

...we feel very--- close to this packs... characters.
    But in the end it's missing an element that would have taken sting out of not getting a good pull so decided against doing any.

@Shan nice punctuality on the Palaski stats
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    At some point loss of revenue (if it happens) might make DB. decide to make all of these offers beholds of the crew offered.
    If we knew that the crew offered for Do No Harm when they came up would be a behold of the crew offered might be easy for people to buy this pack.

For me I have all superrare FF in this pack. But if I was going to spend dil. In hopes of the legendary, I might decide to level a second superrare crew probably Paris he has event use. Knowing if the legendary came up I would be able to choose which one I wanted.

Edit:
    Rethinking every time a legendary or a superrare comes up in any pack it should always be a behold.
  • Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    For the first time in a while I actually got something useful in a 10x pull. Landed Pulaski, Paris (didn't have him) and finally a second star on one of my 20 some odd near FE Legendary characters sitting at 1* (DA McCoy). Now I have to reset the good pull timer for another 2 months. Can't wait until the summer to see the next behold. 😀
  • j5niaqkluhxq.png
    I decided to do one pull for Pulaski, and got her. Def was now expecting it, but was hoping. It just worked out for me this time. I'll just have to keep thinking of this pull when I get nothing for the next 15.....
  • SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭
    I gave it a go with enough dil for 2 packs and got fairly rubbish pulls (A toby russell and a command hologram). Didnt expect much else though.

The "Under the knife" pack costs 10x as much and guarentees you a legendary. That should provide some clue as to the odds.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we can all learn a lesson from Frank's mistake:
    I went over to my Keurig and made another cup of coffee

BLARGH! YUCKY YUCKY YUCKY YUCKY!
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    It took 10 more of the 6500 pulls (13 in total) and 7 more of the 650 pulls (15 in total) but I got her 5/5 and took the F2M credit. I also got Phlox to 5/5 which was a fine bonus, and enough honor to buy Bev Picard next week..
    Congrats on the FTM!

Seems an expensive business (~$1100 if my maths is right) but your keeping the game afloat so I thank you for that.

DB: Do Better
  • Black PebbleBlack Pebble ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    I think we can all learn a lesson from Frank's mistake:
    I went over to my Keurig and made another cup of coffee

BLARGH! YUCKY YUCKY YUCKY YUCKY!

Be nice.

He probably ran out of Folger’s Crystals(R).
    Hosun Lee
    Civilian, Brand and Marketing
    Ex-Disruptor Beam
  • AHSOG2AHSOG2 ✭✭✭
    And now the packs are gone? Only there for 1 day?
  • edited March 2018
    And now the packs are gone? Only there for 1 day?

That was definitely an "oops" on their part! I already tagged Shan and Black Pebble in a post about it in the event thread.

Is anyone really surprised anymore with these silly incidents? lol
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista