Home The Bridge

New Portal Packs 3/06/18

Captain LostCaptain Lost ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2018 in The Bridge

What does everybody think of the new packs in the Time Portal today?

We've got Starfleet Brass back again.
Ip17ym3.png
I've spent a bunch of dilithium every time this pack has appeared in the past, trying to chase after Admiral Kirk. Well I've got Kirk now, as well as the other two Legendaries, and I've FF all the Super Rares. So I get to pass on this now.

The new Do No Harm pack.
Me1ezBo.png
I wouldn't mind Surgeon Pulaski if I got her, and I could use more stars on Dark Ages McCoy. Unfurtnutely I'm not interested in any of the Super Rares though, so I think I'm going to pass.

We also have The Tournament event pack.
A09lMAt.png
I have Princess Jadzia immortalized, so I don't think I'm going to take a chance on this one.

Comments

• Don't bite. Take my example and don't :)
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not touching Starfleet Brass with a 10 foot pole, as I have all the super rares immortalized.

Just got a Sheriff Q from a behold, so would like another star...but also just used a citation to immortalize Jadzia.

Do No Harm I need everyone but Paris, so also not taking a chance. :(
  • Starfleet Brass: 5/6 Immortalized.... Nope
    Do No Harm: 2/6 Immortalized (2 of the SRs).... Nope
    The Tournament: Both SRs Immortalized.... Nope

The Do No Harm pack is ALMOST tempting, but I already have Defensive Phlox and Surgeon Pulaski is 2 Skill. I really want a DA McCoy and could use 3 stars for Russell, but NOPE NOPE NOPE, not going to risk it.
  • Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    It’s a no from me...DB is too unfriendly to those invested in the game. These are just mean spirited...
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buying 10 packs is good if you need the 4*'s. If you want the 5*'s do not buy the packs. Don't think about it, don't do it. You only have a 10% chance of getting of getting a 5*. If you do buy it, don't whine about it on the forums. You gambled at a game with poor odds and lost. Its entirely your fault.

If you want the 5*'s buy Under The Knife. You might get shanked but at least getting a 5* is guaranteed.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • MordackMordack ✭✭✭
    I have at least one character from each pack FF, so it's a no from me. I don't buy packs if there's any chance it will be a complete waste.
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too many packs at once and then there are weeks without packs. This is extremely weird.
  • Captain LostCaptain Lost ✭✭✭✭
    Too many packs at once and then there are weeks without packs. This is extremely weird.

I'm of the opinion that there is no such thing as too many packs at once. Give us options, please.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do No Harm is tempting af for me.
    But...I have 4/4 Combat Medic Paris, 4/4 Toby Russell, and 4/4 Command EMH.
    But I've wanted Dark Ages McCoy for a while, and Defensive Phlox would be nice for gauntlet at the least. I definitely would love Surgeon Pulaski.

Decisions, decisions.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    I have every 4 star immortalized except for Russell, and that by choice.

Admiral Kirk is the one puling me towards buying a pack or two, but I know as soon as I do I’ll get a few Janeways I dont need
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, five purples!
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    And of the 5, 4 are featured in the pack !! Holy crap !
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pulled three of the "Do No Harm" packs, and I got three Dr Russells. Really disappointed with that.

I was hoping for Defensive Phlox.
  • Neos472Neos472 ✭✭✭
    and of that 3 are the same guy XD wow
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to admit I'm a teensy bit tempted by Do No Harm against my better judgement (got none of the legendaries, but all three superrares are 4/4), but honestly having Pulaski - even a 4* version - coming up this weekend takes the pressure off. Yay for focusing on characters and ignoring stats. :)
  • [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    I did 2 of the Do no harm, got Combat Paris who I didn’t have FF and Dark Ages McCoy who I didn’t have at all. Very pleased.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll say this much - the masses have been asking for more MED for a while now. DB has absolutely handled that request, and then some.

Very true. It's just a shame that Surgeon Pulaski and Captain Beverly Picard have weak stats. At least Cornwell was a strong MED crew and hopefully Victorian Pulaski will be a strong 4*.
  • edited March 2018
    I bought a 6500 dil pack and got my first defensive phlox (figured 1 in 3 would be better odds than 10 650 dil packs and get no legendaries possibly) plus some other 4 star fusions but i was only after the blowfish
  • s4ha11yha2h2.png
    Just did one pull for Pulaski and happen to get her.... so I walked away....and am quite pleased.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    s4ha11yha2h2.png
    Just did one pull for Pulaski and happen to get her.... so I walked away....and am quite pleased.
    Nice pull with two purples as well!
    DB: Do Better
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I'll say this much - the masses have been asking for more MED for a while now. DB has absolutely handled that request, and then some.

Very true. It's just a shame that Surgeon Pulaski and Captain Beverly Picard have weak stats. At least Cornwell was a strong MED crew and hopefully Victorian Pulaski will be a strong 4*.

Pulaski is the #2 MED behind Culber - and not far off.
  • The tournament event pack ain't bad. Both 4*s have very strong base stats.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
    Chief Security Officer
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/Fleet_Guardians_of_Tomorrow

GoT Bot server: https://discord.gg/R8QzpjW
    All are welcome to join and use the Bot. (some restrictions apply to non-GoT members)
  • [10F] NewtonianQBalls[10F] NewtonianQBalls ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I had some dilithium in reserve and was able to get 1 of each of McCoy, Surgeon Pulaski, and Puffer Fish Phlox. I was also able to get my last star for Mirror Bashir and all 4 stars for Combat Medic Paris. Since my DYC was for Phlox I added a 2nd star to him. There was also a couple other 4* crew I was able to FF and new ones. After all of this, I am down to 33 4* crew that I don't have at least 1 star on.
  • sorinevsorinev ✭✭✭
    I did not run the robin hood event, so I had none of the crew. I did 7 pulls and got 2 Qs, 4 Robin Hoods, and 1 Dax. Good to go next time it comes around, hoping for Dax as threshold.
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • [10F] NewtonianQBalls[10F] NewtonianQBalls ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    sorinev wrote: »
    I did not run the robin hood event, so I had none of the crew. I did 7 pulls and got 2 Qs, 4 Robin Hoods, and 1 Dax. Good to go next time it comes around, hoping for Dax as threshold.

If it wasn't for the fact I wanted to get more med crew I would have gone for that pack instead. I currently do not own any of those three crew and would have given me the most for my money by choosing that pack.
  • Mordack wrote: »
    I have at least one character from each pack FF, so it's a no from me. I don't buy packs if there's any chance it will be a complete waste.

This should be first commandment of every STT player.
  • multiple pull no Defensive Phlox