Home The Bridge

So thats how DB did listen to the players......AGAIN. - New starbase lvs.

2»

Comments

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are getting close to having a 1* clear all cadets.....

I wonder if Seska will finally be strong enough to clear all SEC nodes.
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our starbase was maxed for an entire 5 days. Had no interest in any further starbase rooms. A few clamored for a "dumping" room, but then again, DB is not obligated to provide us chrons, for enjoying the benefits of a maxxed starbase
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    The solution would be you keep each extra crew slot until it is empty, or you join another fleet with the same or better crew slots.

This would mean you would not be able to add new crew, or defrost frozen crew until you were below the new crew limit.
    That would be really hard to code. And invitation to ALL THE BUGS with resulting whining. They better fix/upgrade something else on that time.
  • Personally, I wish they'd just announce "this is it, no more room increases until at least 'x' date."

That way (a) we'd all know what to expect, and (b) we know there is a limit to the chron boosts.

This may be unpopular, but I'd DON'T want to see any kind of maintenance contribution or any such. Make it so the extra chrons become a "new"-player incentive, and end once you've reached a development point. This would (a) help new players get up-to-snuff faster, with a chance of catching the old hands & whales in things like Galaxy events, and (b) might incentivize newer players to form their own fleets, rather than having to try and talk their way into existing ones. I realize that might also make the experienced teams disband and rebuild their fleets too, but I doubt they'd consider that worth the loss of bonuses.
  • Personally, I wish they'd just announce "this is it, no more room increases until at least 'x' date."

That way (a) we'd all know what to expect, and (b) we know there is a limit to the chron boosts.

This may be unpopular, but I'd DON'T want to see any kind of maintenance contribution or any such. Make it so the extra chrons become a "new"-player incentive, and end once you've reached a development point. This would (a) help new players get up-to-snuff faster, with a chance of catching the old hands & whales in things like Galaxy events, and (b) might incentivize newer players to form their own fleets, rather than having to try and talk their way into existing ones. I realize that might also make the experienced teams disband and rebuild their fleets too, but I doubt they'd consider that worth the loss of bonuses.

100 Chrons does not make a dent in "catching up" with older and higher level players. Most of us stockpile Chrons where the extra 100 is merely a drop in the bucket, albeit can be beneficial for running missions. I myself love them because I am always leveling crew to send into Cryo or build my roster up with as I want to collect as many as possible, but there are others where they have either nearly completed their collections or only seek out the strongest and/or most beneficial crew and can be sitting on Chrons for weeks waiting for the crew that catches their eyes.

If the Chrons are considered a Daily Reward, then at the very least DB should have added in rooms that would slightly increase the amount of Credits, Merits, etc. that can be earned from completing tasks and/or an infinite dumping ground so those fleets that maxed out their Starbases could still acquire those Daily Rewards rather than continuing to increase the gap between already established/high-paying players and those who are more casual, free-to-play, and/or are new.
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista