Home The Bridge

So thats how DB did listen to the players......AGAIN. - New starbase lvs.

Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2018 in The Bridge
In the past mayn ppl voiced their concerns to please NOT add anymore levels to the skill starbase rooms(base and prof), to not widen the gap even more between players in small or new fleets and players in top fleets.

Instead, ppl made a lot of great suggestions of new starbase rooms or other options to have starbase stuff donated, without affecting the game balance much.

So......today DB added 5 new skill Prof starbase lvs and 3 new skill base levels, for a max boost of 10% each.

So thank you , once again, for NOT listening. :s

And, no it doesn t affect me, cause my fleet had a maxed starbase, before todays update, but i care for the game and thats why i did this thread.
•SSR Delta Flyers•

Comments

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    They listen to the whales on this. The whales keep demanding more and more rooms. I agree it's bad to keep adding rooms so quickly. Low lvl and mid lvl fleets are being left behind and may never catch up. I dont want this game to be so uneven that new players just give up and quit.
    Let’s fly!
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I haven't even heard whales demanding more rooms, I have heard whales demanding a place to donate for chrons
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    They listen to the whales on this. The whales keep demanding more and more rooms. I agree it's bad to keep adding rooms so quickly. Low lvl and mid lvl fleets are being left behind and may never catch up. I dont want this game to be so uneven that new players just give up and quit.

No, I don't think I've seen any of the whale fleets requesting this. The last round of rooms were "nice". They didn't mess with competitive balance in events or gauntlets, the just let you replicate more frequently and for cheaper.

10% bonuses to base and proficiency...that's huge. Probably too big.
  • kapukapu ✭✭✭
    It also makes the power creep more noticeable, +10% on top of 600 or 900+... (looking at the 4 star crew here)
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • bowdybowdy ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    yeah, no whale, or porpoise, or even large atlantic salmon wants this skewing of power.

By all means add levels to the industrial replicator, mess hall and transporter room, they don't hurt anyone; we all love those ones - you can boost them to inifinity for all I care.

But please, no more levels to core and prof skills after this one. Please.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe by the time fleets have maxed out these new rooms DB will have a coder who can make an infinitely-refillable room like we’ve asking about for weeks?
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    And for goodness sake, calm down on the Holos !

Up our ability to get them or stop putting them everywhere in such gigantic quantity
  • I haven't even heard whales demanding more rooms, I have heard whales demanding a place to donate for chrons

I am not a whale, but I've made such a suggestion once
  • This is just ridiculous. I haven't seen a single person (sorry if I missed you) asking for more proficiency & base stat rooms. But so many asking simply for rooms we can donate to indefinitely for the daily 100 chrons.

Our proficiency & base stat rooms were maxed too, but we don't want others to feel discouraged from starting up. Though I can't speak for every member of the fleet, I think that's the general thought.
  • I wonder how long it will take before another poll or post goes up because someone’s fleet is about to max out these additional levels and they are being wronged.

Upgrade to lvl 8 costs about 165.000 donations. That means 4,7 days (50x700 donations) if everybody contributes at max. --> 6 * 4,7 = 28 days to upgrade all 6 base rooms alone. --> min of 3 month+ to finish of the base rooms and even longer for the prof rooms as they start at level 5 for maxed out fleets.

This means this topic should be closed for 6 months or more realistically 9 months.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I welcome the rooms, but agree with the op that too much of a boost is bad for the game. Hoping they just kill the dayly donating tribute and replace them with a one time boost for completion of the rooms
    DB: Do Better
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new max base and proficiency with a full collection is now +15% base and +13% proficiency ... wow! Dr. Culber and XO Burnham might crack the 1500's now.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • As a member of a small fleet, I agree this is extremely disheartening. :(
  • Major_TomMajor_Tom ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    My fleet's starbase is lvl 66. We are a casual fleet with 50 players who don't always max contributions. Average between 100-150 for fleet rank in events, and that's fine. We have 5 rooms that are complete except for holo emitters, 9 other rooms that we haven't even started because they all have large holo emmiters cost. I do worry that DB is trying to force myself and the more active players in our fleet to join the more dedicated fleets in order to be competetive. Some of us regularly finish in the top 1k, I love that and hope it's still possible without abandoning our friends. Seriously worried but still enjoy the game.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new max base and proficiency with a full collection is now +15% base and +13% proficiency ... wow! Dr. Culber and XO Burnham might crack the 1500's now.

ecir3bzvhbz5.jpg

Casing point without the new starbase rooms
    DB: Do Better
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wowies, so yeah ... 3% more means close to 1550 then. Huge!
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    bowdy wrote: »
    yeah, no whale, or porpoise, or even large atlantic salmon wants this skewing of power.

By all means add levels to the industrial replicator, mess hall and transporter room, they don't hurt anyone; we all love those ones - you can boost them to inifinity for all I care.

But please, no more levels to core and prof skills after this one. Please.

Thank you. I am a Dolphin!
    We are getting close to having a 1* clear all cadets.....
    Jim Steele wrote: »

ecir3bzvhbz5.jpg

Casing point without the new starbase rooms

Who needs a 6* right??
  • MbannarMbannar ✭✭✭
    I did not ask for it, i think its a dumb idea , wait heres a idea lets fixs the broken voyages(nope), hire more C.S so people dont have to wait 12hours -5days for a response (nope again), or maybe Get some C.S who have a clue on anything but minor issues (nope again), how about a new E.P. (nope) or a increase in hols (nope again)

I could make this list 4 miles long if i wanted

But hey its a beta game, oh wait no its not

Getting to the bang my head into wall stage

Listen to your players, holy saltine crackers batman
  • At this rate 3* crew will be able to complete episode 7 missions on epic. We already have some 3* crew pushing over 600 for base stats.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, considering there was literally a poll posted four days ago that asked this very question, where over half the responses were positive: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/4021/do-we-need-new-star-base-rooms-upgrades-now/p1

Just because you didn't ask for it doesn't mean nobody has been asking for it.
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    I mean, considering there was literally a poll posted four days ago that asked this very question, where over half the responses were positive: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/4021/do-we-need-new-star-base-rooms-upgrades-now/p1

Just because you didn't ask for it doesn't mean nobody has been asking for it.

If you read the comments they are almost all about being able to donate for chrons, not really about wanting more boosts to stats.

• Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my fleet, we have one player who is Captain Level 73 and ranked #100 in last week's event. We have another who is Captain Level 37 and ranked #22097. They both enjoy the exact same Starbase bonuses, but they are clearly not at all on equal footing with one another.

There are so many variables in events--how many crew players have, how many are FE and/or FF, how many boosts they have in their inventory, how many shuttles they have, how many chronitons they've stockpiled, etc., etc., that I question the extent to which Starbase bonuses tip the scales. That's not to downplay whether they make an impact; they obviously do. I'm just trying to establish greater context for how relatively limited that impact is.

There are always Haves and Have Nots. Rather than fret over how much more of an advantage Captain Level 73 (a Have) has for being in our fleet, I like to think of how much help our fleet is able to offer our Captain Level 37 (a Have Not). Our 37 surely fared better in this last event in part because of the Starbase bonuses than they would have fared without them, but it's also true that even with them, they didn't get anywhere near our 73.

Having said all that, I do sympathize with players in smaller fleets. All I know to suggest is being active in the Fleet Central subforum. Maintain a recruitment thread. Be clear about whatever expectations (if any) your fleet has for new members. Make sure to bump it periodically so it stays visible. Also, be sure to check out threads posted by players looking for a fleet to join.

When I founded our fleet, I honestly doubted we'd ever get enough players to fill a single squadron. I thought for sure even if we did that it wouldn't last. Instead, it didn't take very long before we had a full 50 person fleet, in large part due to how aggressively I went about trying to find new recruits. (We've sustained that fleet, however, not due to anything I've done, but because our fleet members are fantastic and have cultivated a supportive, encouraging, and comfortable environment for one another.)
  • The room we most want is one to add crew slots.

But don't expect DB to listen to this. @Shan @pebbles
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    The room we most want is one to add crew slots.

It's mechanically unviable. Because of what happens when you exit such fleet. And amount of whine that their "tail" timed out after being kicked from fleet would be enormous.
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    if I wanted to spend all my spare time grinding chores out I’d ask my boss for over time. It’s like having a job where your boss keeps dumping more reports on your desk just before your shift ends and says “sure you don’t have any plans do you?”

Would it kill you guys to add something to the game that was fun to play and didn’t feel like a chore with plenty of grinding or RNG?
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    al103 wrote: »
    The room we most want is one to add crew slots.

It's mechanically unviable. Because of what happens when you exit such fleet. And amount of whine that their "tail" timed out after being kicked from fleet would be enormous.

The solution would be you keep each extra crew slot until it is empty, or you join another fleet with the same or better crew slots.

This would mean you would not be able to add new crew, or defrost frozen crew until you were below the new crew limit.