Home The Bridge

Strange Equipment required for crew

Okay, I know there will be some humour here, which is what I am hoping more than sarcasm or flak to DB. I just find some of this stuff bizarre and amusing.

Today's anomaly: Tsunkatse Seven & the...Ferengi PADD???

54ox0ayy38bh.jpg

What strange things have you noticed when leveling?
I want to become a Dilionaire...

Comments

• I saw a post a few weeks ago where a scotty needed an andorian commando uniform.
  • All of ash Tyler's Uniforms are still made for women.
    Immortalized crew count:
    27×1★; 45×2★; 72×3★; 121×4★; 14×5★

FE, not fused crew count:
    0×2★; 0×3★; 18×4★; 21×5★
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it's a shout-out? Jeffrey Combs was in charge of Tsunkatse after all, he played Brunt, something like that.

I just yesterday made Hippocrates Noah's Cigar for Gabriel Bell, which I'm still trying to wrap my head around finding some crazy-logic in-universe explanation for how that could be.
  • MordackMordack ✭✭✭
    It's often been remarked upon that Lieutenant Saavik needs a Borg Neural Processor at level 83.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well there's the usual why is Gagh used to make advanced communicator device? Why does Nog like to have tube grubs woven into his standard issue star fleet uniform?
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sparks177 wrote: »
    I saw a post a few weeks ago where a scotty needed an andorian commando uniform.

Yep I can confirm that. Luckily I had one of them already
    DB: Do Better
  • kapukapu ✭✭✭
    Tommy Gun Dixon needs borg exo plating at 93
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    That's not so bad, Kapu, Tummygun Dixon fought the Borg in ST8 on the Holodeck, you could see it as a trophy (Ensign Lynch's exoplating) purrhaps.

I still chuckle at Mara's Maquis clothing though.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Okay, I know there will be some humour here, which is what I am hoping more than sarcasm or flak to DB. I just find some of this stuff bizarre and amusing.

54ox0ayy38bh.jpg

Whats strange about a half robot girl, Using a electronic PAD?

• barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Thot Gor needed a 20th century pistol.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, I know there will be some humour here, which is what I am hoping more than sarcasm or flak to DB. I just find some of this stuff bizarre and amusing.

54ox0ayy38bh.jpg

Strange is how did she get a Ferengi Padd in the Delta Quadrant? They only encountered Ferengi once, and I think that was before Seven was on board. I guess Voyager confiscated whatever was left on the planet from the Ferengi and Seven was going through the storage hold like a homeless person going through the trash?
  • Cal.me.IshmalCal.me.Ishmal ✭✭
    edited March 2018

54ox0ayy38bh.jpg

Strange is how did she get a Ferengi Padd in the Delta Quadrant? They only encountered Ferengi once, and I think that was before Seven was on board. I guess Voyager confiscated whatever was left on the planet from the Ferengi and Seven was going through the storage hold like a homeless person going through the trash?

im sory, I thought my humor was self evident. But to clarify. that was just a bit of "girl" "pads" hurmor. Not so funny when explaining it.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I’m still trying to figure out why whiskey uses so much ancient film and coffee. Can’t keep basic ancient film in my inventory with all of these O'Briens around.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    0nobmi8v9j85.png
    Why Does Drunk Commander Troi need a Romulan Disguise? Does she think she can fool the Borg that way?

Why Does Will Scarlett need a Klingon Disruptor Pistol, and Mek'leth? Casually destroying a Mandolin requires neither of those.

Why does a Command Hologram need massage oil?

Why would 1701 Jadzia want to play Tongo in the middle of a time traveling away mission?

What in the galaxy does Vic Fontaine need medical lessons for? He's a hologram, he just knows.

Do Changelings actually play racquetball?

Who needs an ancient watch in 1996?

The answers to these and many more questions may never be explained...
  • PaPa ✭✭
    What really gets on my nerves are all the 4* crew that require 5* items from level 70-90.
    Pa wrote: »
    What really gets on my nerves are all the 4* crew that require 5* items from level 70-90.

So...you're not bothered by the 3* crew that require 5* items?

Worst one yet for me was TWO 4* items required to build a 3* equipment. TWICE in one character!
  • Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    I still find it strange that Odo needs so many Bajoran phasers when he does not use guns.

...or why Gaia Odo is so deeply involved in Section 31...
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
    I still find it strange that Odo needs so many Bajoran phasers when he does not use guns.

Presumably he confiscates a lot of them? *shrug*

I also find it strange that a Baccarat paddle requires bloodwine.

Or that basically everything Klingons make and/or use apparently needs lots of bloodwine and gagh. Included communicators and clothing.

One thing I've always enjoyed is how you need authorisation codes for Neelix's coffee substitute. No way is anyone making that without the proper clearance!

Never noticed the Neelix coffee thing, that's awesome.

As for Gagh & Blood wine for everything –  it's because they eat with their hands and get their food and spirits on everything, clothes, weapons, you name it, food is there somewhere.

And Gagh is live, so you have to wonder if it crawls around in the ducts or whatnot?
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cornel Karr needing Haron's Furz ... best fail ever. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • I always assumed the gagh and bloodwine was for the Klingons MAKING the clothes and devices. That's how blue collar Klingons are paid and/or incentivized to work in factories rather than die gloriously in space.
    Same with the Humans and the whisky. Plus, the ancient films are needed keep the demand for the whisky high, since Andorian ale obviously tastes better, without the retro-cool aspect.
  • The required "equipment" might be strange or it might tell you something about the character that you did not know.... ;)

ndhjcondi6s6.png

Same equipment needed for building J Edgar Hoover
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still confused as to why Klingons have no access to Gagh & Bloodwine and need to import them from the Mirror Universe...

The blood comes from Terran slaves. The worms ... probably better you don't know.
  • bottom line is that no one at db has ever watched any of the shows or seems to understand item levels

those who leveled the jazz riker . . . howd yall like the 5 star uniform for a 3 star char?
  • [quote="

those who leveled the jazz riker . . . howd yall like the 5 star uniform for a 3 star char?[/quote]

Well, I for one was pretty thrilled to finally get and fffe DJ Jazzy Riker. 3 star Command Wrap Kirk and Talos IV Spock required multiple legendary items,and were far harder to get in the freezer. I told one of my fleetmates that DB should give out "I immortalized/survived Talos IV Spock" t-shirts. Compared with that, Jazzy was cake. 8p0smwbpw6ct.png