Home The Bridge

Strange Equipment required for crew

2»

Comments

• JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snipurr Ezri Dax also required a gold uniform in the end. If it's just one gold item and if it's a uniform, I'm fine with it. It usually means a big boost in base or bracket values.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roland 359 wrote: »
    I always assumed the gagh and bloodwine was for the Klingons MAKING the clothes and devices. That's how blue collar Klingons are paid and/or incentivized to work in factories rather than die gloriously in space.
    Same with the Humans and the whisky. Plus, the ancient films are needed keep the demand for the whisky high, since Andorian ale obviously tastes better, without the retro-cool aspect.

You just reminded me of a story I heard about the Lada Car factory in Russia - they had regular 11am Vodka breaks, so you never wanted to buy a car made in the afternoon.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • I still find it strange that Odo needs so many Bajoran phasers when he does not use guns.

I know everyone loves to beat this dead horse, but it actually makes sense if you look at the build paths. His uniforms build out of Bajoran Security Uniforms (which makes sense) and those are a generic item that requires phasers to build (which also makes sense). That's where all the phasers are, and once you get into the Odo-specific parts of the build trees there are generally no more phasers, with I think one exception for Stranded Odo.

Of course, if we're being real sticklers he shouldn't even require uniforms at all, since his 'uniform' is actually part of his Changeling body, just made to be fabric instead of skin.
  • This has been a thing in the game from the start. Cards get their equipment assigned to them by people at DB who have never seen Star Trek. I thought that was obvious to most people.
  • Roland 359 wrote: »
    I always assumed the gagh and bloodwine was for the Klingons MAKING the clothes and devices. That's how blue collar Klingons are paid and/or incentivized to work in factories rather than die gloriously in space.
    Same with the Humans and the whisky. Plus, the ancient films are needed keep the demand for the whisky high, since Andorian ale obviously tastes better, without the retro-cool aspect.

You just reminded me of a story I heard about the Lada Car factory in Russia - they had regular 11am Vodka breaks, so you never wanted to buy a car made in the afternoon.

Remember Soviet agricultural equipment show (mainly Belarus based factories) from 1970s. Lot of new farming equipment and vehicles. Very shoddy craftsmanship and finish especially considering they were trying to showcase for export and brought the model pieces thousands of miles....
    The rubber on the side of doors and in the combine harvester moving parts was cut and broken.
    Bad paint jobs inside.

Having said that some GM cars from early 1980s in USA had worse finish and brand new had coke cans left inside the door panels when opened to find why the rattle noises were coming from. This was sold by direct dealer!
    So US workers were paid in Coke and Pepsi!!
  • So why does Crewman Tarses need so many A Briefing with Neelix items?
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    admrose wrote: »
    So why does Crewman Tarses need so many A Briefing with Neelix items?

I literally was going to post exactly the same thing. Obviously, in the episode when Voyager communicated with the Romulan scientist from the past they provided him with a box set :-)
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mintakan Riker sure needs a lot of baseball gloves.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally got Changeling Bashir to 100, and he needs Kukalakas? Any other Bashir sure, but not the Changeling Version. (Kukalakas need a bunch of Augment Medical Experiments. and I have 3 other Bashirs that need Kukalakas! UGH!)
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    I finally got Changeling Bashir to 100, and he needs Kukalakas? Any other Bashir sure, but not the Changeling Version. (Kukalakas need a bunch of Augment Medical Experiments. and I have 3 other Bashirs that need Kukalakas! UGH!)

This one I can kind of understand, the Changeling is playing the role of Bashir so is likely to have kept his childhood toy as part of the act. If it was Harry Kim requiring it I would agree!
  • PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    RennJaxo wrote: »

Robin Hood's longbow is also curiously constructed from baseball gloves.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭

It seems to be used as a generic leather component. I'm fine with that if the alternative is another unique item counting towards 1000. A lot of the items and components are abstractions and it's probably better not to take them literally.
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »

It seems to be used as a generic leather component. I'm fine with that if the alternative is another unique item counting towards 1000. A lot of the items and components are abstractions and it's probably better not to take them literally.

I'm glad you were able to see the humour in this thread.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I guess I forgot about the OP on page 1 from two months ago that indicated this was supposed to be a humorous thread. So slap me with a baseball glove.
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »

Yeah, I guess I forgot about the OP on page 1 from two months ago that indicated this was supposed to be a humorous thread. So slap me with a baseball glove.

I can't, I need 'em for Riker.
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    So I'm building Holo3 Dr. Brahms. What the heck is a "Scientific Tasmanian"?
    (I'm picturing Tas from Loony Tunes in Honey Bare's costume.)
    zbluviovtr3y.png
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    Magisse wrote: »
    So I'm building Holo3 Dr. Brahms. What the heck is a "Scientific Tasmanian"?
    (I'm picturing Tas from Loony Tunes in Honey Bare's costume.)
    zbluviovtr3y.png

Scientific magazine of some sort I suspect.