Home The Bridge

Ship Collections

Educated_BeastEducated_Beast ✭✭✭
edited March 2018 in The Bridge
Currently there is no incentive to collect ships other than the 5-star ships for voyages. Even 4-star ships with matching traits are useless for voyages. While this is a separate issue, it is worth noting. Either remove the 1 to 4-star ships from voyage tab (after have a lvl 10 5-star), or give them a trait bonus that makes them worth using. There is no incentive for me to play anything but admiral division. Sure I could get a new 3-star or 4-star, but why would I want to, it just makes it take longer to scroll through voyage choices. We need an incentive!

What I am suggesting is to give us a separate tab for ships collected. It could be as simple as collect x number of 1-star, 2-star, etc. ships; or collect x number federation, Klingon, alliance, etc.

The rewards could be:
- extra anti-matter for voyages for matching traits
- reduced arena timer
- additional arena tickets
- bonus reward earned in arena (more credit per match, small amount of honor, random items, etc.)
- small bonus to crit passive, shields, etc.
- discount on required schematics to level up ships (similar to trainer discount we have now)
- etc.

Thoughts?

Comments

• For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would encourage me to play more of the commander and captain leagues in the arena. I wouldn't mind such a thing.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    4* ships and 5* ships that haven’t been fully leveled aren’t worthless for voyages if you don’t have any better ships available. Voyages are supposed to be available to everyone, rather than people who spend money or time to build an armada of souped-up ships. It would be nice to have a filter for weeding out all the others, especially if you could filter for the special trait of the day.

Ship collections, in the style of the new crew collections, would be a neat addition but one that would require more ships to really work. More ships - especially if they are premium ships - would probably anger the player base, though...unless the first several premium ships were released into the general pool. And schematics were separated from crew in the premium portal packs.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    4* ships and 5* ships that haven’t been fully leveled aren’t worthless for voyages if you don’t have any better ships available. Voyages are supposed to be available to everyone, rather than people who spend money or time to build an armada of souped-up ships. It would be nice to have a filter for weeding out all the others, especially if you could filter for the special trait of the day.

Ship collections, in the style of the new crew collections, would be a neat addition but one that would require more ships to really work. More ships - especially if they are premium ships - would probably anger the player base, though...unless the first several premium ships were released into the general pool. And schematics were separated from crew in the premium portal packs.

I think the idea would be to add value to the 2* and 3* ships, which I'd like. Otherwise getting schematics for them seems like a waste of time, unless you really happen to like that ship.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Ships will/should get a proper review for future features. I always thought a Boss Raid thing for the fleet to engage in would be great. Perhaps have fleet cost to it associated to ship stars, so send a party of 3 x 5star ships or 5 ships of 3 star each thus making smaller ships useable. It would make it flexible for whoever happens to be online at the time to be able to launch party against the baddy (fused borg cube? a star base?)
  • Educated_BeastEducated_Beast ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

Once you have a level 10 5-star ship, all 4-star, 3-star, etc. are worthless from a voyage perspective. Even if you get the trait bonus on a 4-star, the 5-star will have more starting anti-matter.

Perhaps more ships would be needed for certain collections, but not for all. It can start simple. We already have three Borg ships, at least 4 Klingon I can remember off-hand, maybe more. They could be awarded in tiers, 1-ship, 2-ship, 3-ship.

All the 1* and 2* are available on star chart. Those are slam dunks to add. Over time, I've collected 5-star from Dabo. 3-stars can be won in arena and we all know you get tons of schematics from 10-packs.
    Let's put them to work!

EDIT:. Most of the 2*
  • Just realized I should have posted this in "Make it So" sub forum. Can a moderator move please?
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm totally down for this, and I hope it would prompt DB to finally start circulating all the ship schematics in the portal.