Home The Bridge

Which daily task bugs you the most?

2»

Comments

• 5 Arena battles. A few thousand credits and a few ship schematics. Takes 15 minutes.
    Just for the records, the Portal requirement doesn't require credits or dilithium; the new crew-for-merits pack also works, and I think cashing in a Supply Kit also counts for one.

I do with Dabo also counted...
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 Scans. Gets you nothing and takes 9 hours to compete.
    Just for the records, the Portal requirement doesn't require credits or dilithium; the new crew-for-merits pack also works, and I think cashing in a Supply Kit also counts for one.

I do with Dabo also counted...

I've gotten enough single credit pulls from the Gauntlet that I've not needed to but anything to make this requirement in a long time. That and shuttle boost packs from cadet missions.
  • 20 Ship Battles. Standard rewards, easily warped.
    The task that holds me up the longest on any given day is hitting 20 space battles. Not because I have any particular aversion to them, but because there are so few items where it's preferable to farm that way rather than through away missions. There are several items that are frequently needed in large quantities that don't drop from any space battle, for that matter. It's the reason why Holoemitters are such a frustration in the Starbases. I've taken to using all ten of my Arena tickets just to get me halfway to the required 20.

The solution to this is for someone to either overhaul the item assignments and/or drop rates, or to at least introduce another set of Distress Call space battles, a la the Klingon Empire, that gives us decent alternatives.

To add to Travis' point, my main issue with hitting 20 ship battles is that I try to run 18+ chron Epic space battles to earn holoemitters to contribute to my fleet's starbase. All of my ad warps go on expensive ship battles, and I sometimes have to run more than 5 arena battles to reach 20. It's easy to hit 20 ship battles if they're only 4 chrons each, but that's at the cost of higher rarity crafting components and starbase holoemitters.

I've long had a tiny bee in my bonnet about the ship battle and away mission dailies being based on number of runs instead of overall chron spend.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Level up / train crew. Requires trainers.
    Train/Level up is the most bothersome. I'd prefer to just level everything I intend on keeping out right but I always keep many characters partially leveled so I have something for the daily and to farm equipment from for Dabo and Gauntlet.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • None of the above.
    Proud member of eXodus
    Join the eXo|plosion today!
  • 3 voyage dilemmas. Requires logging in 3 times a day minimum. Gives a lot of credits, honor, crew, chronitons, trainers, and many random items for free.
    Definitely voyages daily.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 voyage dilemmas. Requires logging in 3 times a day minimum. Gives a lot of credits, honor, crew, chronitons, trainers, and many random items for free.
    The task that holds me up the longest on any given day is hitting 20 space battles. Not because I have any particular aversion to them, but because there are so few items where it's preferable to farm that way rather than through away missions. There are several items that are frequently needed in large quantities that don't drop from any space battle, for that matter. It's the reason why Holoemitters are such a frustration in the Starbases. I've taken to using all ten of my Arena tickets just to get me halfway to the required 20.

The solution to this is for someone to either overhaul the item assignments and/or drop rates, or to at least introduce another set of Distress Call space battles, a la the Klingon Empire, that gives us decent alternatives.

To add to Travis' point, my main issue with hitting 20 ship battles is that I try to run 18+ chron Epic space battles to earn holoemitters to contribute to my fleet's starbase. All of my ad warps go on expensive ship battles, and I sometimes have to run more than 5 arena battles to reach 20. It's easy to hit 20 ship battles if they're only 4 chrons each, but that's at the cost of higher rarity crafting components and starbase holoemitters.

I've long had a tiny bee in my bonnet about the ship battle and away mission dailies being based on number of runs instead of overall chron spend.

The issue is the mis-sorting in the mission list. If you check the wiki, a number of space battles are better options, but they are sorted under away team missions.
  • 5 Arena battles. A few thousand credits and a few ship schematics. Takes 15 minutes.
    Cadet missions, nothing else is anywhere close to as bad as they are. They take up valuable crew space for characters that get zero use outside of the cadet missions and its tedious having to open the cadet missions, travel to the planet, set up the crew, then run the 5 nodes of the mission over and overthe exact same way every single time. If they wont let us warp them at least let us have the retry button regular missions have so we rerun the same mission with the same crew without having to set everything up every time.
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 voyage dilemmas. Requires logging in 3 times a day minimum. Gives a lot of credits, honor, crew, chronitons, trainers, and many random items for free.
    The daily chores are hardly worth 200 honor especially with additional chores and no increase in reward. I know now how Rom felt working at Quarks

2pxe8vq7ry9m.gif
    rfnc2xtf50pb.gif
    hp2pt4iap1zh.gif

Union!!!!!!

You don't understand. Ferengi workers don't want to stop the exploitation. We want to find a way to become the exploiters."

"It won't happen unless you make it happen. We're Ferengi! And when a Ferengi sees an opportunity, what does he do?"
    "He seizes it!"
    "That's right!! And I for one intend to grab it! We've been exploited long enough! It's time to be strong, take control of our lives, our dignity and our profits!"

Our terms:
    50 honor instead of 25 merits for the 3 dilemma daily achievement

Holiday pay to play holiday events

And 5* Union Rom
    qowb7o49p8hs.gif
  • Quit whining and start winning. The requirements are easy enough, but unless you work out your plan, you are toast. People don't like Arena because they are poor players. Poor prizes? equal replicator rations. Once you hit #1 in the Arena, you will be with the program. Arena and Gauntlet are two best parts of the game. They provide a little spice to what some consider the daily grind. Start enjoying the ride more and your destination will be more easily attained. Holoemitters are great cause lazy players won't get enough making it better for the strong fleet members.
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    CRUSHER wrote: »
    Quit whining and start winning. The requirements are easy enough, but unless you work out your plan, you are toast. People don't like Arena because they are poor players. Poor prizes? equal replicator rations. Once you hit #1 in the Arena, you will be with the program. Arena and Gauntlet are two best parts of the game. They provide a little spice to what some consider the daily grind. Start enjoying the ride more and your destination will be more easily attained. Holoemitters are great cause lazy players won't get enough making it better for the strong fleet members.

x2yrbi8iv5ex.gif
    I hate having to do the arena. Sometimes I just start one and do something else while waiting for it to fail just so I can be done with it.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    20 Ship Battles. Standard rewards, easily warped.
    If I've spent the day adwarping missions (for 3* casings and polymers, frequently), AND I'm saving chrons for a galaxy event, then those extra 10 non-arena space battles irritate me. I'll realize right before day's end that I'm short and will have to warp 10 a 4-chron battle (usually "beyond the call" for TAs). It's only 40 chrons, but when the goal is to save chrons rather than use them...
  • 20 Ship Battles. Standard rewards, easily warped.
    For me, it's the Ship Battles mission. Everything else comes naturally in the course of normal play, but many days I find that didn't happen for ship battles. For many crew, all the items I needed to farm were best farmed in Away Team missions, so completing the Ship Battles missions requires sacrificing immediate progress on units I am trying to level to farm missions just for the daily goal.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    5 Arena battles. A few thousand credits and a few ship schematics. Takes 15 minutes.
    For me it's the arena battle, win rewards should be more and they should just get rid of the cool down - I mean what is the purpose of the cool down anyways. The scans do need improvement but you do get on occaision a welcome credit and transmission injection.

Also i rarely use credits/dilithium on the portal pull one, just save up your elite cadet 10* shuttle booster and open 1 a day, or save your gauntlet pull rewards also.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    3 Scans. Gets you nothing and takes 9 hours to compete.
    The task that holds me up the longest on any given day is hitting 20 space battles. Not because I have any particular aversion to them, but because there are so few items where it's preferable to farm that way rather than through away missions.
    Uhm, just between Basic Clothing Patterns, Basic Casings, Common Casings and Common Polyalloy it pretty hard to NOT do 20 Space Battles per day. If carefully looking through Wiki things to farm on Space Battles are plentiful.
    If I've spent the day adwarping missions (for 3* casings and polymers, frequently), AND I'm saving chrons for a galaxy event, then those extra 10 non-arena space battles irritate me. I'll realize right before day's end that I'm short and will have to warp 10 a 4-chron battle (usually "beyond the call" for TAs). It's only 40 chrons, but when the goal is to save chrons rather than use them...
    Basic Casings, Sensors and Clothing Patterns are used in Galaxies ALL the time. In my experience you can't go wrong with taking 10-run on Sensors every day, they'll end up zero anyway, often before Galaxy even started.
    When the arena rewards are schematics i need, it's a constant struggle. I have to do all of them right before reset if i want to stay top %.

The rest of them aren't needing the same wait til the last hour strategy.
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Raphillon wrote: »
    I would answer "none". :smile:

+1
  • UebermindUebermind ✭✭✭
    5 Cadet Missions. Requires cadets in valuable crew slots, takes 15 minutes. Gives some valuable items.
    I like the cadet missions, but I don't like the extra chronitons being tied to completing these cadet missions. These green crew members take up valuable crew space, and I can't always make room for them.