Home The Bridge

Which daily task bugs you the most?

[10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2018 in The Bridge
For myself, playing the Arena is really frustrating. I rarely get it done til a few hours before the changeover, and the rewards are minimal.
Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
Check out our website to find out more:
https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/

Which daily task bugs you the most? 139 votes

3 Scans. Gets you nothing and takes 9 hours to compete.
17%
Captain Sisko [AA][DB-DO BETTER] [7TW] Captain plim123Lady GaghgaghPallidyneCrazy LeoHungry Dog DDM12345678 of 123456789KaiRoPlasma(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••]Aggeal103[S47] ELiLNivenFresDaviCon1sexy_lady[STFL] TheHell2EarthTP do better!! ~Colli~ (PoF)Capt. Pete OwenNeack 25 votes
20 Ship Battles. Standard rewards, easily warped.
7%
Prosserabegheer1Travis S McClainNemoTheBlueThe Great GornholiocmdrworfArachnia {BWN}Sleeping DragonIshmael MarxLegate Damar 10 votes
20 Away Missions. Standards rewards, easily warped.
0%
Automaton_2000 1 vote
5 Arena battles. A few thousand credits and a few ship schematics. Takes 15 minutes.
41%
izausomesorinevAstrometricsCaptain_WhoThe FishSSR BarkleySabine of AthensCaptain Durf[NDQ] Joker41NAM[GoT] jess-gayRocpileCaptain LostGAWA[TUFG] SiguardKaiteeRed Shirt CadetGrant77Jim SteeleCapt AjammCommander Tucker 58 votes
5 Cadet Missions. Requires cadets in valuable crew slots, takes 15 minutes. Gives some valuable items.
7%
Warrior WilloXoiiku[QH] Oxmyx[DB - Do Better]   ProwlerlittlestoatieDittoveXUebermindSpockyJJInkst 10 votes
7 shuttle missions. Requires 4 logins with 2 shuttles. Gives faction only items.
1%
V.Ryanf47 2 votes
3 voyage dilemmas. Requires logging in 3 times a day minimum. Gives a lot of credits, honor, crew, chronitons, trainers, and many random items for free.
13%
AviTrekData1001[BL] PShiversKTz[BL] Q (10F)Geekgirlgregoryt[TUFG] Captain ZlogGhostStalker[7TW] DaiMon DarmokSelene 7<TGE> Clifford[OPA] Col. Fred L. JohnsonXanatosCaptain BuzzzkillAdmiralRomThird RouteRanger YogiTenechtilan 19 votes
Equip 1 item on crew. Requires items.
0%
Frank? 1 vote
Level up / train crew. Requires trainers.
2%
[DDF] Marge GundersonIvanstoneSST - 9of7 3 votes
Pull 3 items from portal. Requires credts/dilithium
7%
For CardassiaJhamel[PAaA] Peanut3141K Han Solo Ng & Thank4 All DteaOdo MarmarosaStrephon AlkhalikoiS14 Bri NecronjonNothing For AllRoland 359 10 votes

Comments

• 5 Arena battles. A few thousand credits and a few ship schematics. Takes 15 minutes.
    Well, the masses* have spoken. As of writing this, 100% percent of people hate the arena.

*disregard the sample size of 2
  • I would answer "none". :smile:
  • FEwe2FEwe2 ✭✭
    5 Arena battles. A few thousand credits and a few ship schematics. Takes 15 minutes.
    I'm at the point where until I get the last schematics to max the best ships for each class, and get around to focusing on developing the right bridge crew for each vessel, I'm just treading water in the Arena. I'll lose 70-90% of my battles every day, and usually get schematics for ships I already have maxed.

It's the one aspect of the game where I really have very little motivation to progress at the moment, and so find the 5 arena battles to be the most tedious aspect of the game. I don't hate it, but wouldn't miss it right now TBH
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    The arena would be my second choice. The arena can be useful with schematics like right now the top levels get Shenzhou schematics and that's a ship most people don't have. The arena is god-awful boring though, DB really needs to jazz it up.

But I chose scans because they're pretty useless. DB either needs to take away the scan requirement for dailies as most people will press the button for a scan when it's ready anyway because hey free component or free credits, or DB needs to revamp scans to be more worthwhile.

Ideas for a revamp: maybe you find 1-4 star crew (rarer the crew, less likely to occur of course, there could also be the added excitement of a scan-only crew member such as a cosmozoan (*bounces up and down at the possibility of the Crystalline Entity for this idea*)), maybe you find rare components (1-4 star components, rarer components are rarer to find of course), maybe you find some chrons, and maybe in very rare chances you find some dilithium (this is honestly something that'd make scans VERY worthwhile). I of course argue that the latter approach - revamping scans, should be the course of action.

But scans as they are now? Waste of time and waste of a daily. In fact, I'm still amused as hell that scans are listed in VIP rewards, that if you get a high enough VIP rank, you can get more scans per day - as if anyone has EVER taken up that action :p
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • 5 Cadet Missions. Requires cadets in valuable crew slots, takes 15 minutes. Gives some valuable items.
    Cadet missions feel like a real grind. Sometimes don’t want to log on at all knowing I have to plot through all of these. At least with arena if you don’t mind failing you can hit go and wonder off. If we had the option to warp cadets (provided the crew were in our quarters and not frozen) life would be a lot sweeter.
    “Holodeck 2 tomorrow, 1600 hours. Just you, me and a tuning fork”
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    20 Ship Battles. Standard rewards, easily warped.
    The task that holds me up the longest on any given day is hitting 20 space battles. Not because I have any particular aversion to them, but because there are so few items where it's preferable to farm that way rather than through away missions. There are several items that are frequently needed in large quantities that don't drop from any space battle, for that matter. It's the reason why Holoemitters are such a frustration in the Starbases. I've taken to using all ten of my Arena tickets just to get me halfway to the required 20.

The solution to this is for someone to either overhaul the item assignments and/or drop rates, or to at least introduce another set of Distress Call space battles, a la the Klingon Empire, that gives us decent alternatives.
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't hate the Arena, but it's the daily I complete with the least enthusiasm - if there're no new schematics on offer, I just put the game on the other screen and let the five battles fail unattended while I watch youtube or something. Even junk schematics are better than nothing I guess, as a little replicator fuel, but if it weren't a daily task I probably wouldn't bother.

Everything else I feel like I've got a decent handle on. The cadet missions are closest to a grind, but at least I'm doing them, rather than just waiting for timers to finish counting down so I can click a button in the ship battles, and the rewards are more valuable. The scans, shuttles, dilemmas, and 20 (warpable) missions/battles are all things I'd do anyway (it's not so much 'logging in during the day' as just having the game on screen at work the whole day, which is handy, yeah I identified with the Shield tech playing Galaga); so are the equipping/levelling tasks, although I went from an low-level player thinking "I'll just keep one character with his gear built but not equipped, in case I don't have anyone else ready to go up another 10 levels tomorrow for the daily," and now I've got 90-something with unequipped gear because it's become a habit and I only level up the ones I'm specifically working on. The portal is usually little better than the arena - a few common items, a 1* or 2* who goes straight out the airlock - but it's one button to press, it's over in a flash compared to sitting out five ship battles (plus yesterday one of the 'common' items was a 4* spice) and I've taken to just keeping all the standard 10x tickets events give out so I don't have to spend credits on them anyway.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pull 3 items from portal. Requires credts/dilithium
    I think arena battles and time portals mainly. I would prefer to hoard my portals rather than having to spend 3 each day just for the 200 daily honor.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • 3 Scans. Gets you nothing and takes 9 hours to compete.
    I don't know that any of them really bug me. I picked scans because they are the most pointless. I get ABSOLUTELY nothing useful from them except common items I already have hundreds of.

The arena battles seem like a grind for nothing useful since I have all the basic ships maxed and at 100 schems/day I wont be able to use the new ship for voyages but I burn through credits pretty fast thanks to the replicator so the 50k credits is a steady stream in. also, if I'm busy wasting my chrons on away missions for items I need, I can use the 10 arena battles for half the space battles and just warp 10 one of the space battles I know i'll need items from later.
    Immortalized crew count:
    27×1★; 45×2★; 72×3★; 121×4★; 14×5★

FE, not fused crew count:
    0×2★; 0×3★; 18×4★; 21×5★
  • 5 Arena battles. A few thousand credits and a few ship schematics. Takes 15 minutes.
    I find the arena lackluster.

Sure, receiving Shenzhou schematics is nice and all, but I actually manage to stay in the top 15% of players by playing once a week (I have tried). Five battles per day is overkill for just keeping my rank, and completely pointless otherwise.
    "Dance with me. For science."
    The main benefit of scans over the arena is that fulfilling the action literally takes the fraction of a second. The arena binds you in-game for about 15 minutes and even if you just play to lose, the device is locked from any other interaction for several seconds. During faction events I use the scan as a reminder for my shuttle returns, as their remaining time will not display when I have other transmissions opened.

Not really getting how one can struggle for ship battles. Clothing Patterns, Sensors, Casings all come from 4-Chron ship battles.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find them all very easy to complete
  • There is no none of the above choice. I do not find any of them hard or annoying. I was already doing 3 dilemmas a day.
  • The FishThe Fish ✭✭✭
    None are difficult buy i have having to play arena by far the worst feature of the game and mostly gives out useless rewards.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 voyage dilemmas. Requires logging in 3 times a day minimum. Gives a lot of credits, honor, crew, chronitons, trainers, and many random items for free.
    The arena gives me over a hundred thousand credits per day. Don't knock it.
  • IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Where is the option for "Train a Crew Member"?!?! That one is soooo annoying :p
    Just joking @[10F] Belle'Anna , as I know well you were only able to have 10 options for the Poll :)
    Which explains why I too am missing the one that @Raphillon , @Peachtree Rex , and @Gib would have chosen of 'None'.

Here are a few other thoughts based on what has been said already:

I can understand for players who have all of the Ships for the current month at Max Level how they can find the 5 Arena battles 'unexciting', but at least the Daily Mission prompts them to maintain a decent ranking, in case the following month some schematics are offered that they need. Plus of course we get Replicator fuel, which I am finding is more handy now since the introduction of the Industrial Replicator Starbase room. Finally doing this Daily Mission helps with ...

... the point made by @Travis S McClain , since if you have done 5 Arena battles, you only then need to do 15 Space Missions. I hear what you are saying about most Items being better obtained through an Away Mission. The reason this is not an issue for me is I am constantly farming to prepare for the next Galaxy Event, and I have found I will never have too many of the following, which are all best farmed through Space missions:
    - Translation Algorithm
    - Sensor
    - Flux Coupler
    - Submicron Scanner
    - TR-580 Medical Tricorder
    - 1* Novel

Regarding the 3 Scans, I find this happens pretty much automatically, as my Ship Scanner is typically waiting for my attention whenever I log in to flip Shuttles, since they also take 3 hours to complete.

Regarding making 3 purchases from the Time Portal, I am never spending any game currency to do this, as I always have either some free pulls I have earned from The Gauntlet or as a reward from Events, or if nothing else, then I just pull a 10 pack of free Shuttle Boosts I have earned from the Thursday Cadet Challenges. I also use this particular Daily Mission to trigger me to remember to play the Dabo Wheel each day, by not completing it until after the daily reset.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voted for scans not necessarily because they are annoying, just that they are truly worthless. “Captain, our long range scanners are ready for another pulse. They’ve found...2,681 credits floating in space. Yayyyyy.”

The arena definitely needs a refresh. I’m not as annoyed by them as most but recognize that something has to change - maybe make it more like the gauntlet, but without RNGesus ruining everything. Bigger rewards, more competition, and something that resets every day or other day.
    The task that holds me up the longest on any given day is hitting 20 space battles. Not because I have any particular aversion to them, but because there are so few items where it's preferable to farm that way rather than through away missions. There are several items that are frequently needed in large quantities that don't drop from any space battle, for that matter. It's the reason why Holoemitters are such a frustration in the Starbases. I've taken to using all ten of my Arena tickets just to get me halfway to the required 20.

The solution to this is for someone to either overhaul the item assignments and/or drop rates, or to at least introduce another set of Distress Call space battles, a la the Klingon Empire, that gives us decent alternatives.

You don’t ever farm 0* clothing patterns, 0* sensors, 3* casings, 4* casings, 0* translation algorithms, 0* Mark VII tricorders, or 0* power cells? I know there are more but these are what came to mind. I admit that I’ve had more days where crew needs items solely from away missions than solely from ship battles but it should not be terribly hard to get this one, especially if your fleet is hurting for holoemitters.
  • 3 voyage dilemmas. Requires logging in 3 times a day minimum. Gives a lot of credits, honor, crew, chronitons, trainers, and many random items for free.
    The problem with the daily honor rewards is that it's not tiered like the rest of them. Away team, ships battle, shuttles, and cadet missions all have multiple claim points. I've said from the start that there should be two or three claim points for the daily honor as well.

This new Voyage thing is also really a "**tsk tsk** you" to newer players, who don't have 1) a ship good enough to hit two hours 2) don't have crew strong enough to hit two hours and 3) even if they do have strong enough crew, need to use those crew for shuttles and unlocking new missions.

It just boggles my mind, since DB have said that they make the most money from duping these poor new players into spending a ton of money once they join as opposed to improving the quality of packs etc. to retain older players with proven spending habits. But whatever. I'm getting real tired of this game after two years. This **tsk tsk** isn't helping.
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    I chose this one because I just don't see any reward (other than bragging rights) associated with ship battles.

The one I usually complete last is the scans or 20 ship battles, but meh.

3 portal pulls
    - Advice for those who find this difficult/irritating ... you can also use Merits (3 crew pull) or ... what I do ... save up my Thursday 10x shuttle boost pack pulls and open up one a day. You also get them through events, gauntlet and daily log ins ... so this really shouldn't be an issue at all for anyone.
  • NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I find the arena lackluster.

Sure, receiving Shenzhou schematics is nice and all, but I actually manage to stay in the top 15% of players by playing once a week (I have tried). Five battles per day is overkill for just keeping my rank, and completely pointless otherwise.

I don't disagree about the lackluster, but if you can hit the top Admiral ranks, the credit reward goes up. 15k for first. And since 1st tends to be short lived, you can rack up another 15k relatively easily. (honestly can't remember credit rewards for top on the other classes).
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."

My favorite space go to, on that rare occasion I didn't already max it out by the end of the day, is Delphic Expanse -> Long Distance Call (normal). Almost everyone needs 0* Casings. And despite the mission sort order that the game usually shows, it tends to be the most efficient source of them.
  • Every single one of them gives me a reward for playing the game. Add more daily task, merits, credits, and honor can all be used to get a new crew member and that's my goal. Even the 25 credits for hitting the scan button 3x gives me enough for a merit reward each month.
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    7 shuttle missions. Requires 4 logins with 2 shuttles. Gives faction only items.
    I do not run shuttle missions outside of events. Every single time I do I end up wanting to use that character.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
    V. wrote: »
    I do not run shuttle missions outside of events. Every single time I do I end up wanting to use that character.

You are probably missing out on several faction items that are relatively easy to farm, if you keep shuttles running. While they can also be replicated, you can just have a shuttle run for 3 hours and return equipment. You don't really even need to send you best crew. Even if the percent chance is low, they still can succeed. Otherwise your crew might just be sitting there doing nothing.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    NivenFres wrote: »
    I don't disagree about the lackluster, but if you can hit the top Admiral ranks, the credit reward goes up. 15k for first. And since 1st tends to be short lived, you can rack up another 15k relatively easily. (honestly can't remember credit rewards for top on the other classes).

Pretty sure it's the same in at least Captain, but outside top 15k in Commander so ...
  • 3 voyage dilemmas. Requires logging in 3 times a day minimum. Gives a lot of credits, honor, crew, chronitons, trainers, and many random items for free.
    I'm a mid level player and most of my voyages are 5.5 hours long (depending on which stats are featured). I bought the dilithium card regularly (along with occasional other purchases) and spent it to get shuttles so I wouldn't need visit 4 times a day. I'd have answer the scans since they give so little and require the extra visits. I'm a player on computers and play through Facebook, and I hear those of you saying this is intended as a mobile game, and while that is true, choosing to make it harder to get other players whose funds help pay for the game may not be a wise decision. At minimum, at least 4 visits are needed again (if it is a 6 hour voyage) for the dilemmas and recall. All at least 2 hours apart. I can't complete dailies now. And people talk about how small the 200 honor is, but I know I still need it. 1,400 honor a week gone like that. And if I can't complete what I always considered the minimum for a game (its dailies), why should I even try. Since this went into effect, I come to the game LESS often. Why care about coming back for scans when it won't help me? It motivated me to finally get a forum acct and post instead of just reading. We who feel impacted here may be whiners who only care about our gaming experience, but those games that ignore part of their revenue stream tend to lose that revenue stream. I don't know that I'll send to get anything else after my current card runs our. And while it may be only $4, that $4 across lots of casual players who feel there is no point in playing a game where they can't even complete the daily missions/minimums is still enough money to make a company notice. I love Star Trek (in all its forms), and I was so enthused with the changes with collections that offered rewards and motivation across all levels of experience in the game. Then this makes it harder for people like me. I'm sorry if you find me to be a whiner because you feel the 25 merits and 200 honor should only be kept for the mobile phone players. In that case keep the elitist attitude and the game to yourself instead of encourage all Trekkies to game together.
    Yogi

"Faith Manages."
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    NivenFres wrote: »
    V. wrote: »

You are probably missing out on several faction items that are relatively easy to farm, if you keep shuttles running. While they can also be replicated, you can just have a shuttle run for 3 hours and return equipment. You don't really even need to send you best crew. Even if the percent chance is low, they still can succeed. Otherwise your crew might just be sitting there doing nothing.

I’ll add to this and say that you could at least run shuttle missions overnight when you’re not using them anyway. Given the extreme difficulty in getting things like 0* and 2* science experiments, 0* medical experiments, 0* case files, 0* and 2* gagh, 2* bloodwine, 2* tactical alerts, 1* and 2* security codes, 2* encoded communiques, 3* clothing patterns, 0* ancient films, 0* orchids, 3* gold-pressed latinum (no replications here), 0* Dominion PADDs, 0* furs, 0* Bajoran phasers, 0* Romulan encryption algorithms, and more that I am surely forgetting (not including things that are merely challenging instead of impossible, like 3* versions of polyalloys, casings, sensors, power cells, and synthetic polymers), running shuttle missions is a really good idea whether you do it for the daily reward or not.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easy Answer: NONE
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    the only ones of those that I need are 2 star security which if I ran 100 section 31 shuttles I'd get about 5-10 if I was lucky. The others I have hundreds of. The worst offenders are science experiments, 2* IDIC and prime directives which I actually use in the replicator.

I would run shuttles if it didn't involve a ton of scrolling to get to weak characters to send as I always love more trainers.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Arena battles are a tough slog when the rewards are useless. Right now with the Shenzhou, they are alright.