Home The Bridge

Collections and Events

Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2018 in The Bridge
UPDATED THROUGH "THE BUTCHERS OF BETA PENTHE"

Collections have made us reevaluate the value of the reward crew in events. Those 2* threshold and 3* rank reward crew members all of a sudden have a greater function beyond cadet challenges, for instance, and as they're generally easier to complete, they can pad our stats relatively quickly. Here's how helpful the events played since the introduction of collections have been.

NOTE: Totals reflect number of possible collections at the time the event was played. Should additional collections are created later, I probably won't update stats retroactively, as that would not reflect their collection value at the time of the event, when players have to make immediate decisions about whom to keep.

"War Interrupted 2" (3/1/18, 7 total collections)
5* Obsidian Order Garak - 1 (Chain of Command)
4* Bajoran Dukat - 3 (Chain of Command, To Boldly Go, Valor in Combat)
4* Rakal Troi - 1 (The Neutral Zone)
4* Trader Odo [pack only] - 0
3* Constable Odo - 1 (Rare Crew)
2* Gaia Odo - 1 (Uncommon Crew)

"Consolation Prize" (3/8/18, 5 total collections)
5* Resistance Neelix - 0
4* Dr. Noah Hippocrates - 1 (Do No Harm)
4* Victorian Pulaski - 1 (Do No Harm)
3* CMO Pulaski - 2 (Do No Harm, Rare Crew)
2* Away Team Neelix - 1 (Uncommon Crew)

"The Galactic Series" (3/15/18, 9 total collections)
5* Martian Quark - 1 (Rules Of Acquisition)
4* Niners Rom - 2 (Rules Of Acquisition, Spit and Bailing Wire)
4* Nurse Faith Garland - 0
3* Acting Nagus Brunt - 3 (New Life and New Civilizations, Rare Crew, Rules of Acquisition)
2* Technician Rom - 3 (Rules Of Acquisition, Spit and Bailing Wire, Uncommon Crew)

"Research Partners" (3/22/18, 3 total collections)
5* Loque'eque Sato - 0
4* Mirror Phlox - 1 (Do No Harm)
4* Mutated Paris - 0
3* Hockey Paris - 1 (Rare Crew)
2* Ensign Sato - 1 (Uncommon Crew)

"The Prime Directive 2" (3/29/18, 7 total collections)
5* Grand Nagus Zek - 1 (Rules Of Acquisition)
4* Anij - 0
4* Agent Harris - 0
4* Mirror Tucker - 1 (Spit and Bailing Wire)
3* Acting Nagus Brunt - 3 (New Life and New Civilizations, Rare Crew, Rules Of Acquisition)
3* Rescuer Tucker - 2 (Rare Crew, Spit and Bailing Wire)

Note: Mirror Tucker was pack-only; only two copies of Rescuer Tucker were available in the threshold rewards table.

"All We Become 1: Father of Logic" (4/5/18, 9 total collections)
5* Surak - 2 (Live Long and Prosper, To Boldly Go)
5* Kohlinar Spock - 1 (Live Long and Prosper)
4* Amanda Grayson - 0
4* Katra McCoy - 2 (Do No Harm, Live Long and Prosper)
3* Ensign Vorik - 3 (Rare Crew, Live Long and Prosper)
2* Recovering Spock - 2 (Uncommon Crew, Live Long and Prosper)

"All We Become 2: Breakthrough" (4/12/18, 9 total collections)
5* Warship Tuvok - 1 (Live Long and Prosper)
4* Vulcan Wedding T'Pol - 1 (Live Long and Prosper)
4* Lieutenant Valeris - 1 (Live Long and Prosper)
3* Subcommander T'Pol - 2 (Live Long and Prosper, Rare Crew)
2* Science Officer T'Pol - 2 (Live Long and Prosper, Uncommon Crew)

"All We Become 3: Fire with Fire" (4/19/18, 11 total collections)
5* Senator Vreenak - 2 (New Life and New Civilizations, The Neutral Zone)
4* Commander Keras - 2 (The Neutral Zone, To Boldly Go)
4* Romulan Kirk - 1 (The Neutral Zone)
3* Command Wrap Kirk - 2 (Rare Crew, To Boldly Go)
2* Captain Kirk - 2 (To Boldly Go, Uncommon Crew

"All We Become 4: Reunification" (4/26/18, 9 total collections)
5* Romulan Picard - 1 (The Neutral Zone)
4* Mintakan Troi - 1 (Live Long and Prosper)
4* Commander Sela - 1 (The Neutral Zone)
3* Deanna Troi - 1 (Rare Crew)
2* Enterprise-D Picard - 3 (New Life and New Civilizations, To Boldly Go, Uncommon Crew)

"Rule 125 2" (5/3/18, 11 total collections)
5* Captain Nog - 2 (Rules of Acquisition, To Boldly Go)
4* Pel - 1 (Rules of Acquisition)
4* Profitable Ishka - 2 (Rules of Acquisition, To Boldly Go)
4* Klingon Quark - 1 (Rules of Acquisition)
3* Acting Nagus Brunt - 3 (New Life and New Civilizations, Rare Crew, Rules of Acquisition)
2* Cadet Nog - 2 (Rules of Acquisition, Uncommon Crew)

Note: Klingon Quark was pack-only.

"Reverie in Prime" (5/10/18, 7 total collections)
5* Virtuoso Doctor - 2 (Do No Harm, To Boldly Go)
4* Alan-A-Dale - 1 (The Daystrom Award)
4* Vic Fontaine - 0
3* Chief Engineer La Forge - 2 (Rare Crew, The Daystrom Award)
2* Recovering Spock - 2 (Live Long and Prosper, Uncommon Crew)

"The Butchers of Beta Penthe" (5/17/18, 3 total collections)
5* Captain Killy - 1 (Valor in Combat)
4* Ardra - 0
4* Tieran Possessed Kes - 0
3* Temporal Shift Kes - 1 (Rare Crew)
2* Off-Duty Tilly - 1 (Uncommon Crew)

Comments

• JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dukie was surely a great card for collections. I hope more of those will come soon to even out the more difficult ones (Augments being mostly golds and Romulans simply too few for a 10 collection unless you got them all), etc.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're a vault of information, Travis.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated through "The Galactic Series", which represents the most helpful event so far. The rewards tables include a possible nine collection spots, two more than "War Interrupted 2".
  • Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    This is nice, but i notice the new event crew are either not able to be fully fused (bajoran dukat) or don't count in any collection (nurse garland)

It would be nice to have new event crew added that help fill collections and without chasing stars in packs
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    Dukie was surely a great card for collections. I hope more of those will come soon to even out the more difficult ones (Augments being mostly golds and Romulans simply too few for a 10 collection unless you got them all), etc.

Augments is a horrible collection to complete. Half of the collection seems to be golds. Hopefully this will change in the future, and I think Borg is even worse with over half being gold.

At least with the Romulans you can already complete the collection without needing to complete a single gold card.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hunter247 wrote: »

Augments is a horrible collection to complete. Half of the collection seems to be golds. Hopefully this will change in the future, and I think Borg is even worse with over half being gold.

At least with the Romulans you can already complete the collection without needing to complete a single gold card.

I imagine the Summer Mega will be a good one for the Augments collection. I sometimes wonder if that played into some of the voting.
  • {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »

I imagine the Summer Mega will be a good one for the Augments collection. I sometimes wonder if that played into some of the voting.

You're probably on to something there.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »

I voted Augments. It didn’t play into it for me. :p
    Updated through "Research Partners". Rather disappointingly, neither of the two new crew (4* Mutated Paris or 5* Loque'eque Sato) are eligible for any of the existing collections.
  • IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    Updated through "Research Partners". Rather disappointingly, neither of the two new crew (4* Mutated Paris or 5* Loque'eque Sato) are eligible for any of the existing collections.

True, but if we think things forward, Mutated Paris has 7 Traits, and so I think there is a good chance he will end up falling into at least one Collection in the future. If I had to make a guess, I particularly think we will eventually get a Collection for Pilots.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irial wrote: »
    True, but if we think things forward, Mutated Paris has 7 Traits, and so I think there is a good chance he will end up falling into at least one Collection in the future. If I had to make a guess, I particularly think we will eventually get a Collection for Pilots.

This is a good point, and should add another layer to airlocking decisions.
  • {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    A pilot collection would be awesome considering I have 24 of them immortalized already.
    edited March 2018
    Irial wrote: »

That's the very reason I phrased it the way I did ("existing collections")!

EDIT TO ADD
    I revised the OP to include a note acknowledging potential future collections.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

Augments require 4x Golds. Borg only requires 2x Golds (one of which could be the Queen). Augments do have more potential for the future.

VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »

...Augments do have more potential for the future.
    Especially since we know they're getting a Mega in a few months.
    Updated through "The Prime Directive 2". The total crew can help with seven collections, tying for the second most so far, but with a key caveat: Rescuer Tucker (of whom there are only two copies in the thresholds) and Mirror Tucker (who is pack-only) account for three of those seven. The rest are split between 5* Grand Nagus Zek (one collection) and Acting Nagus Brunt (three collections). Brunt was in the rewards table just two weeks ago.
    Updated through "All We Become 1: Father of Logic". The total crew can help with nine collections, tying "The Galactic Series" for the most since collections launched. This is helped by the inclusion of the recurring 5* Surak, who is eligible for two collections (Live Long and Prosper and To Boldly Go).
    Updated through "All We Become 3: Fire with Fire". This event is the most helpful event since collections launched, with a cumulative eleven collection checks! Every crew member in the thresholds and rank rewards table qualifies for two different collections, with the lone exception of Romulan Kirk, who is only eligible for one (The Neutral Zone). It's only the second event so far in which every crew member qualified for at least one collection; the first was last week's "All We Become 2: Breakthrough".
    Updated through "Rule 125 2", which ties "All We Become 3: Fire with Fire" for the most possible collection checks (eleven apiece). This includes one check from Klingon Quark, who is pack-only.

Also worth noting is that this will be the third event in 2018 to include Acting Nagus Brunt in the rank rewards.
    Updated through "Reverie in Prime". Virtuoso Doctor, Chief Engineer La Forge, and Recovering Spock qualify for two collections apiece. Alan-A-Dale qualifies for just one, and Vic Fontaine qualifies for no current collections.

Also of note is that Recovering Spock was also included in the first event of April's mega-event, making his second event appearance of 2018 and his fifth overall.
    Updated through "The Butchers of Beta Penthe". This event ties "Research Partners" for the least collection checks available with a paltry three from the entire rewards table. Captain Killy qualifies for Valor in Combat as a Veteran, and the other two checks come from Temporal Shift Kes and Off-Duty Tilly for Rare Crew and Uncommon Crew, respectively.