Home The Bridge

[Collections Survey] Are You Keeping Crew You Used To Airluck?

JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2018 in The Bridge
For example in my case, I will now level up Commander Sela (thanks for the hint that she's not Admurl yet), Commander Tomalak, KDF Gowron, Fesek, Kurros, Alidar Jarok, Agent Harris, Luther Sloan and Martia whom I always used to airluck. So far, there is no Section 31 collection, butt who knows what's up next?
"Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")

Comments

• No. My collection habits have not changed: I already tried to maximize trait distribution and fully fuse anyone I could.

Also did you promote Commander Sela to Admiral? I disapprove of dirty Dominion agents interfering with Romulan politics ;)
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • I’m keeping two and three stars I would previously have spaced. Not Tomalairlock though!
    “Holodeck 2 tomorrow, 1600 hours. Just you, me and a tuning fork”
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's an added incentive for sure. But apart from the golds, of whom I have very few, I did intend on doing as many as possible. It's why my crew roster is full of 1/4s waiting for additional stars before leveling lol
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • No I'm airlocking guys to level others. I will get them again may take awhile. But right now I'm just leveling crew and freezing them
  • ProsserProsser ✭✭✭
    I definitely am. I never bothered with any common crew or any 2 or 3* crew that weren't needed for cadet challenges. Now I'm furiously trying to level all of them and my over flow is constantly full atm. Super rares too now I'm starting to hold onto, in particular I kept a Tomalak I got yesterday lol.

The only saving grace for me is the day before we got collections, I hit VIP 14 so I suddenly had 20 spare crew slots to fill.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I'm keeping everyone. Even the Hockey Kims lol
  • dunnaghdunnagh ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I had all Greens and blues immortalised when the cryo achievements hit me and I must say I felt pleasantly rewarded for what used to be a "personal achievement". Thus there arent many toons I would throw away now except for Greys - and even there I´m looking for specific ones (like CMO Bashir who Counts for 3 achievements)
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Yes... Away team Neelix will complete my 2* collection (three remaining total). I have yet to make a big dent in the blues, but 3* pulowski from this weekends ranked rewards counts for do no harm and the rares.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • I think it's very motivating, but i've already been on a quest to FF/FE anyone i could with reasonable effort.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thankies for all your answers so far, interesting reed ... I mean read for sure! :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • I'm the same here. I airlock all duplicates and try to vault everyone I can.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have the crew slots (and don't mind buying them) it's possible to keep pace with crew growth. I'm VIP13, have 230 slots (I've gone to town the last two "crew slot sales"), and have rarely had to airlock anyone out of space concerns. I've almost always had a chryo-ready character.

As a result, I probably have averaged finishing off one or two 4*s via voyages per month (I average 7:30-8:30 voyages). Just in the past couple weeks, I've done T'Rul and Age of Sail La Forge, both almost exclusively coming from voyages.

I considered getting a citation for Dukat from this past event (3 collections is huge), but he'll be in the main pack with everything else soon, so he can just hang out at 3/4. I'd rather put that 18k honor towards a 5* citation.
  • The FishThe Fish ✭✭✭
    Ive never been a collector only used chronos for useful crew. Ive recently completed all the 1 & 2* crew because of collections. Blues up next blah.
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

I haven't airlocked a crew (that I did not own yet) since the Borg mega-event (around May 2017 for those who don't know - Riley Frazier was the last one I airlocked). I don't plan on air locking any new crew for the foreseeable future.

This does mean that I have 80+(!) non-FF 4*s on my crew ... but slowly that number is getting reduced (e.g. Noah with be FF this weekend, Rakal Troi was last weekend).

I've always, always frozen immortalised crew over air locking crew ... the most critical moments are mega-events where we get a ton of new crew.
    Furthermore, I had immortalised all 1*-3* crew eons ago ... currently, I've levelled 269 crew to 100 (not all FF), my last 1* was at #93 (Odo), my last 2* was at #97 (Kes - before they started introducing new 2*s) and my last 3* was at #184 (B'Etor - also before the new ones were introduced).
  • NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    Pre-cryo, I did everything in my power to hold onto 4* and higher (I have never airlocked a 5*). I think there might have been a few 4* casualties, but 3* and below were the first to go. Once cryo became a thing, I suddenly made it a priority to try and get all of the 3* and below FFFE and frozen (minus cadet mission and arena ones). I still did everything in my power to not toss a 4* or higher out the airlock. I'd freeze crew I probably shouldn't have to try and hold on to them. Wasn't buying a lot of packs back then either.

Now I will grab the occasional $10 for 10 and event packs. Between these and voyages, it has helped complete several of the 1/4's that were building up.

Once collections were implemented, I had 4 complete right out of the box (had all of the 3* and lower FFFE).

If I don't have some event related crew I want to work on, I think collections have helped me pick someone to work on to try and finish another tier.

Beyond that, it hasn't changed much at all, since I already tried not to airlock incomplete people.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Collections haven't changed my airlock behavior, but have changed my leveling priorities.
    edited March 2018
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    No

I haven't airlocked a crew (that I did not own yet) since the Borg mega-event (around May 2017 for those who don't know - Riley Frazier was the last one I airlocked). I don't plan on air locking any new crew for the foreseeable future.

This does mean that I have 80+(!) non-FF 4*s on my crew ... but slowly that number is getting reduced (e.g. Noah with be FF this weekend, Rakal Troi was last weekend).

I've always, always frozen immortalised crew over air locking crew ... the most critical moments are mega-events where we get a ton of new crew.
    Furthermore, I had immortalised all 1*-3* crew eons ago ... currently, I've levelled 269 crew to 100 (not all FF), my last 1* was at #93 (Odo), my last 2* was at #97 (Kes - before they started introducing new 2*s) and my last 3* was at #184 (B'Etor - also before the new ones were introduced).

Until this past one, mega events were actually decent locations to fuse up old crew.

The first 4 mega events (Borg, Klingon, Discovery, and Mirror) each featured three repeats. This past one, unfortunately, regressed and only featured one.

Borg: Mirror Phlox, Dr. Tolian Soran, Arik Soong
    Klingon: Grilka (5*), Liaison Torres, General Martok
    Discovery: Captain Janeway, Orion Slaver, Blood Oath Jadzia Dax
    Mirror: Mirror Empress Sato, Mirror Tucker, Mirror Uhura
    Discovery/Andorian: Commando Shran
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    NivenFres wrote: »
    Pre-cryo, I did everything in my power to hold onto 4* and higher (I have never airlocked a 5*). I think there might have been a few 4* casualties, but 3* and below were the first to go. Once cryo became a thing, I suddenly made it a priority to try and get all of the 3* and below FFFE and frozen (minus cadet mission and arena ones). I still did everything in my power to not toss a 4* or higher out the airlock. I'd freeze crew I probably shouldn't have to try and hold on to them. Wasn't buying a lot of packs back then either.

Now I will grab the occasional $10 for 10 and event packs. Between these and voyages, it has helped complete several of the 1/4's that were building up.

Once collections were implemented, I had 4 complete right out of the box (had all of the 3* and lower FFFE).

If I don't have some event related crew I want to work on, I think collections have helped me pick someone to work on to try and finish another tier.

Beyond that, it hasn't changed much at all, since I already tried not to airlock incomplete people.

This is pretty much me. The only 4* or 5* crew I airlocked without already having were Rianna Mayweather (who I now have again) and Convergence Day Quark (who I figured I would never be able to FF...this was before citations and I wasn’t spending money on packs to do it). I had to let go a few 3* crew as well when slots were in shorter supply but I eventually got them back and now work on whomever I can immortalize.

If I don’t have anyone I can freeze, I will level 3/4* or 1/5* crew that have skills or trait combos I need and hope that voyages or the occasional pack purchase will help get more stars. The 10 for $10 is pretty fantastic and it helped me a lot last time it was offered.
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

Until this past one, mega events were actually decent locations to fuse up old crew.

The first 4 mega events (Borg, Klingon, Discovery, and Mirror) each featured three repeats. This past one, unfortunately, regressed and only featured one.

True ... but of the ones you list I've only had Mirror Tucker, Blood Oath Jadzia and Orion Slaver. All the rest have been new crew for me, which is why, in my situation mega-events have been crunch time. :)
    No

True ... but of the ones you list I've only had Mirror Tucker, Blood Oath Jadzia and Orion Slaver. All the rest have been new crew for me, which is why, in my situation mega-events have been crunch time. :)

I guess the point that I was trying to make is all of those crew are potential voyage and premium pack rewards, so they should be much easier to fuse up going forward vs. new crew that needs to get added.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to immediately airlock all 1*s and 2*s since I had my cadet core already. Now I'm filling in the gaps with those and completing them. Also keeping this month's free Doctor Selar, since I'm close to getting to the next milestone in the Doctor collection (and this event will help with that as well!)

So yes, I definitely am keeping and levelling more crew because of collections. And I'm actually finding it fun! Soon I'll probably move to keeping and levelling some other 3*s, which will also be fun since I hate having to airlock crew I like just because they're a useless 3* (Like Castillo for instance).
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • [KM]Videm[KM]Videm ✭✭✭
    I was always a "collect them all" type and would only airlock those I absolutely had no use for when I ran out of active crew room. when collections came out, I was surprised to see I was missing a 1* and 2* and have now corrected that oversight (I have all 1-3*s ff now). Collections for me has just changed my priorities when I have to decide which FF 4* I work on next. I'll keep fusing as many as I can keep and airlocking the 1/4s I don't care for as I did before.
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    @For Cardassia - Castillo is a pain to level, just as a shy warning. :D
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    @For Cardassia - Castillo is a pain to level, just as a shy warning. :D

Good to know! I was caught off guard recently by Ensign Tuvok, so I appreciate any and all warnings about randomly hard to level crew.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had already FF all 1, 2 and 3 star crew so no habit changes for me. My goal was to FF everything I could before this started.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm absolutely focused on collections, but the need for FF gold's has slowed me down considerably as a free player. Right now I'm at:

140 cadets
    131 purples
    3 golds

I would really like to get a hold of Armed Philippa Georgiou, as she covers 2 multiple collections.

• [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing changed here. I've had all 1, 2 & 3's done for a long time and have never airlocked a purple or gold card unless I already had it FF (currently at 308 immortals).
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am missing quite a few 2*, and all those Bashirs I airlocked I now have to retrieve and level. Got 4 of them this week - oy!

There are a couple tough collections that require a LOT of Legendary to get rewards, which I hope DB will add some more lesser characters into to help
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    In my main account I have leveled everybody. So I am now keeping duplicates of faction event bonus crew and expedition (what is an expedition) .

I have 3 copies of Rakal Troi, 2 Commander Thelin, 2 Trader Odo, and 2 Commando Shran.

Because of my experience with my main I also have done it on my 2nd account. In that one I have 2 Rakal Troi, 2 Trade Odo, and 2 Commado Shran.

All of those are immortalized. I also have 2FFE Reinforcement Stamets on main and 2F level one on 2nd account. As a copy.

Edit:
    @WOLF 359
    As you were answered no this has nothing to do with collections.
    It was amazing what a boost and duplicate event bonus crew can do for faction event. Because of starbase bonus it has been a while since I flirted with top 100. With duplicate event specific bonus crew that is no more. It will just depend on the actual event if duplicates will be useful. Obviously not on Galaxy events. However, now if I can get a FF superrare from event I level them. Before I had all my crew leveled, I would airlock the dupe.
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going back and working on 1*s as/ if I have the spare chronitons.. selected 2*s are also most likely but not everyone.

The odd 3* looks this months Salary, who I have now gotten at least a dozen times in the past 8 days. (When I have gone multi month stretches with out seeing her pointed ears once)

I'm going to build Romulan troi Haas I got all four stars in one go this event.. I've sorted many single stars of her in the past.

Good art, horrible horrible stats.
    I'd it because if collects ?
    Maybe --> <-- much but it's more because I feel a Romulan Mega event is inevitable and likely soon in the grand scheme.

Am I gonna build Tash ?
    Or the Malon ?
    Or Mirror Sisko (Ben or Jenn)
    Likely not.. but if there becomes a mirror collection, I have them and they're the last two I need.. if the rewards is good sure. Otherwise I'll likely keep doing things the way I have been.

At least / until packs / honor becomes better.