Home The Bridge

Consolation Prize - How many of these cards do you want?

Ace BoogieAce Boogie ✭✭✭
edited March 2018 in The Bridge

Consolation Prize - How many of these cards do you want? 93 votes

48%
uss_bonaventure[7TW] UnkieBPeachtree RexAviTrekData1001IkritCapt. Chaos[TUFG] Siguard[QH] OxmyxTongo Rad[QH] He-Who-MeowsRed Shirt CadetGrant77General McDuckJim SteeleKTzPlasmaAce BoogieDelphi1[GoT] Terfin 45 votes
43%
Astrometrics[KM] UL1R53pbertCaptain LostMagisseTravis S McClain William T. RikerNad HalKaiteescruffy151Zann Calcore (ISA)[PAaA] Peanut3141Commander TuckerPallidyneIrial(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••]RaraRacing~peregrine~(10F)GeekgirlDrone_one 40 votes
8%
Lady GaghgaghCrazy LeoK Han Solo Ng & Thank4 All DteaOdo Marmarosa[DD] Kirk Induced Self DestructionGhostStalkerNothing For AllSpocky 8 votes

Comments

• Ace BoogieAce Boogie ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Dr. Noah- solid card from a great episode. I’ve had him ff/fe for a long time though.

Pulaski- not my favorite character but definitely my favorite episode she was in. Also it completes with the set for me with detective data, la Forge and the professor.

Neelix- no interest at all

Edit: Once again I made 0 and options and it didn’t take. No way to preview on my phone. So if I make another one I will type “Zero” and hopefully that will work
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pulaski and Noah - the latter obviously for the DS9 fangirl in the room, and Pulaski I just have this weird affection for her based entirely on Diana Muldaur's charm, in spite of pretty much all Pulaski's appearances writing her horribly.

And while I'm okay missing out on Neelix - I'll just threshold and chill as usual - I do kind of like him too. Good art, and I think the bike helps a lot, gives him a sense of fun that's much better than if they'd shoved him into the usual 'standing around doing nothing' pose. I'm actually pretty happy getting Away Team Neelix too, even though I'm really not much of a Neelix fan. Strong showing all round from DB this week.
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noah - has been eluding me

Tea Party Pulaski - much needed inclusion for the Holmes set. Wanted to see this character design for a while.

Bicycle Neelix - much needed inclusion for the Killing Game set. The art is incredible and one could have fun with the bicycle as part of the bridge crew design. Too bad he's the ledgendary in a galaxy...It's not worth getting into a chroniton bidding war over.

Speluncing Neelix - always nice to have a new 2* to level for achievment. Plus someone else besides Honey Bare Jadzia is a geologist.
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I haven't managed to get an immortal Sisko yet (apart from the 2*) so I'll be playing hard for top 2000. Pulaski is icing on the cake.

I wouldn't mind the Neelix, but he doesn't rise to the necessary interest level for me to give up a precious crew slot for.
  • IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    I have Noah FF/FE, so no need to get him. Pulaski has really strong stats and might be useful for future collections down the line (as well as the current Doctor one). I like The Killing Game, but Neelix isn't a favorite and his stats are meh, plus getting top 1k for galaxy events is really annoying.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t mind Pulaski but she isn’t high on my list. Noah has been languishing in my roster for a while and now he’s FF, so I can get him frozen before too long. Neelix? Meh.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I chose 3 because I do like all 3 characters. But Pulaski is my main squeeze for the event. Noah would be nice to have FF but we'll see how far I'll go. I personally hate the tedium of galaxy events.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    4* Pulaksi ... an easy FF 4*

Noah ... I got the 4th star I needed for him through the community rewards. He'll stick around a while because his stats are not bad for MED/SEC voyages.

(2* Neelix ... as a collector I like to have as many immortalised crew as I can so this is an easy one).

As for the 5* Neelix, seems like a cool character, but being a Galaxy I have little chance of getting top 1000 ... so, no.
    The 3* Pulaski I've immortalised a long time ago.

@Ace Boogie ... you need to add option 4 & 5 too ... there might be beginners who want the 3* Pulaski version (she's not the worst card to have around for beginners, being SCI/MED, female etc.) and 2* Neelix is a new card (normally the 2* cards are redundant so maybe 5 isn't needed).
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd actually like to have all 3, but Neelix just isn't strong enough (for my crew) at 1/5 to justify having him burn a crew slot. Great artwork though!
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    4* Pulaksi ... an easy FF 4*

Noah ... I got the 4th star I needed for him through the community rewards. He'll stick around a while because his stats are not bad for MED/SEC voyages.

(2* Neelix ... as a collector I like to have as many immortalised crew as I can so this is an easy one).

As for the 5* Neelix, seems like a cool character, but being a Galaxy I have little chance of getting top 1000 ... so, no.
    The 3* Pulaski I've immortalised a long time ago.

@Ace Boogie ... you need to add option 4 & 5 too ... there might be beginners who want the 3* Pulaski version (she's not the worst card to have around for beginners, being SCI/MED, female etc.) and 2* Neelix is a new card (normally the 2* cards are redundant so maybe 5 isn't needed).
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldready had Dr Noah Iced, so I am only in it for Pulowski. Top DIP SR card.
    Neelix is not worth the effort getting for a 1/5* / 550 honour.
    DB: Do Better
    Two new Neelix's, there is a cool Pulaski too.
    Two, and that's only because I already have Dr. Noah immortalized. Not a big fan of Neelix but I love "The Killing Game," but I am a big fan of Pulaski who I feel rarely gets her due.

Now whether I can actually get up to Neelix is another question, but I should have Pulaski before phase 1 is over, so I'm gonna push myself on a galaxy event for the first time in a long time. Here's hoping.
    I will throw Neelix out of the airlock if I get him. He'd be the first legendary crew I dismiss, but I must keep my ship as devoid of Neelix as possible.
    "Dance with me. For science."
    I will throw Neelix out of the airlock if I get him. He'd be the first legendary crew I dismiss, but I must keep my ship as devoid of Neelix as possible.

So...just don't try to make the top 1000???
    I honestly don't think I'll ever understand people who are so averse to crew that they'd airlock them despite being (usually) good crew. Seems a bit petty if you ask me, especially considering that to get Neelix, you either have to buy the packs or make the top 1000.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Would've voted 3, but Neelix 1/5 stats are meh (well, in my current crew) and I don't want to waste crew slot on that. I'm 100% sure I can get in top-1000 and I'm 100% sure that I wouldn't even try, 3 more stars to add on threshold are all what I need.

And if in Faction not taking 5* is mostly goodness of heart (that still some honor even with airlock), here it's pure chron-preservance (though I'm ready to spend them on Noah).
    Started event with Noah FF
  • DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    I’d been looking for another Pulaski and thought this one might make a good character. Dr Noah is always awesome as the episode is fantastic.

Neelix is one of those characters needed to complete the ones from the episode (still need Torres and Tuvok). Im not sure Id throw him as a 5 star, but Neelix was in need of a 5 star.
    new pulaski!
    already have noah fffe
    too bad i saved 5k chronitons, and now i don't even really care about ranking...
    I was happy to see that Pulaski was treshold - so I was able to do my favorite 130k, peace out, and have a great sleep over the weekend combo :)
  • IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    My vote of 2 also includes Away Team Neelix, who I suspect was not considered when this Poll was created, as then there should be an option to vote for 4? ;)
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had Noah maxed already--- and I think a 5* Neelix is going to be useful down the road. Pulaski's a no brainer.
    I had Noah at 2/4 FE for a while now. Got a 3rd star from the community rewards(as well as a 4th star for RAF O'Brien from the community portal) so Im aiming for top 3000. 2* Neelix is already in the freezer and Pulaski is immortal so I'm only 1 card away from what I want out of this one since Bycicle Neelix doesn't do it for me. Even if I miss the 3k mark, the O'Brien made the event for me.
    Immortalized crew count:
    27×1★; 45×2★; 72×3★; 121×4★; 14×5★

FE, not fused crew count:
    0×2★; 0×3★; 18×4★; 21×5★
  • AstrometricsAstrometrics ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

I honestly don't think I'll ever understand people who are so averse to crew that they'd airlock them despite being (usually) good crew. Seems a bit petty if you ask me, especially considering that to get Neelix, you either have to buy the packs or make the top 1000.

You are perfectly right. I in no way plan to get him, and I don't expect to get him.

That is the reason why I used that "if" clause, which should communicate the fact that me getting a Neelix is in no way a certainty.

Yes, I consider myself free to express my disdain for Neelix any time I can, even at the cost of resorting to a hypothetical.
    Noah was 4/4 before event. Pulaski for simple 4/4 event & threshold accquire. Neelix stats ok, but already have a number of 1/5, 2/5 takeing up space and needing to be leveled.

Galaxy not my event and amount if resources and time needing fo get him in top 1000 plus dbl crew offer just not worth it to me at this time.
    Pulaski. Already have Noah immortalized and Neelix.... well... I don't need another 1/5 2 skill character riding a crew slot
  • AstrometricsAstrometrics ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Heh. Needless post.
    I managed to FF/FE Pulaski all in the event launch day which might be a new record for me.
    So far, I love her! Her DIP is out of this world, with my starbase level she's already over 1000 in that stat. Her MED hmm I'd love to be higher since she is a doctor, but I'll settle and it's still pretty good for a secondary skill. She should be great for shuttles and some occasional voyage slots (being only 2 skill though makes her less of a choice than some others). Plus, the art on her is quite good.

Overall I am pleased they finally included the Pulaski I've been wanting forever. I never thought they'd revisit her character as it seems a lot of fans didn't care for her or that she might not have been prevalent enough for DB to pass a second look in her direction, not to mention a third! I am also surprised we got Surgeon Pulaski as well. I never expected Pulaski to get a 2nd version, but getting a 2nd and 3rd makes me have one of those seldom moments where I'm proud of DB paying attention to smaller time characters.

Now if we can only get more Archers and Satos. But Pulaski being paid attention to gives me hope that one day DB may make the Comm Officer Rand variant I've also been wanting. Grace Lee Whitney and Rand were a part of some of the very original Star Trek crew and she's been in multiple Star Trek productions (TOS, TOS movies, VOY) and barely gotten any recognition or credit for her work. I'd love to just see the variant of her from the VOY episode: Flashback. I wouldn't mind seeing Transporter Chief Rand from TMP either (even though she ended up killing two people via a malfunction) but I won't push it. But being the nerd I am, I'll give stats for them both below.

4m3lwcx8kxi6.jpg

Transporter Chief Rand
    ENG (1), DIP (2)
    Starfleet, Federation, Human, Explorer (?)

38f8k671ut2i.jpg

Flashback Rand/Comm Officer Rand/USS Excelsior Rand
    DIP (1), COM (2), SEC (3)
    Starfleet, Federation, Human, Veteran, Communicator

/tangent
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

I honestly don't think I'll ever understand people who are so averse to crew that they'd airlock them despite being (usually) good crew.

Generally I agree with that statement, but I can think of one glaring exception. As I've said in these forums at least once before, if I'd somehow gotten a copy of the abomination who called himself Mirror Data, he would've gone straight out the airlock, with no regrets — despite me being a Data collector. No "Data entry" for him. Or Data processing. He would not be part of my Dataset.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    I chose one but I want zero of these. I have Noah already FF and I never cared for the Pulaski character but I’ll keep the community one just for future collections. The Neelix I would keep for collections also but I’m not about to waste equipment, chrons and money to get him. I really wish they would do 4 or 5 reruns with limited new crew so we have a chance to fuse older 5s.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite