Home The Bridge

Why do you love/hate the new voyage daily?

Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2018 in The Bridge
Pallidyne has a great poll, but I want to dig a bit deeper. There are alot of opinions being expressed on thid topic, and I'm curious how many people are effected and why.

Edit: sorry about the duplicate option, but I can't seem to edit that out....

Why do you love/hate the new voyage daily? 87 votes

Love it; I wanted a voyage-related achievement since the feature launched
9% 8 votes
Love it; I always appreciate ways to get credits or merits by tapping buttons
43% 38 votes
Hate it; I don't have time to make the achievement and am losing out on honor
20% 18 votes
Hate it; I don't have the crew to hit enough delimmas
2% 2 votes
Hate it; I don't have the crew to hit enough delimmas
2% 2 votes
Neutral; I frequently take long voyages that take over 24 hours to return & the daily rewards are chump change
2% 2 votes
Neutral; I haven't run any voyages since the chroniton nerf.
1% 1 vote
Neutral; I don't care one way or another; can't we go back to discussing portal pulls and debating the fairness of the RNG?
18% 16 votes

Comments

• Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say I love it, but 175,000 credits per week for no extra work is a nice bonus. Anyone who was already getting the daily honour will still get it.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grant77 wrote: »
    I wouldn't say I love it, but 175,000 credits per week for no extra work is a nice bonus. Anyone who was already getting the daily honour will still get it.

Totally agree. I’m going to always be running a Voyage anyway, what’s three dilemmas? I don’t see why anyone would not always have a Voyage out.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extra cash and merits is nice but it’s not much, given the time required to attain them. That being said, I'm not angry about the addition because I get three dilemmas per day already. What I am disturbed by is how toxic the community has gotten to each other...usually we’re just berating each other over gauntlet success (or lack thereof).
  • RogueAngylRogueAngyl ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Neutral: doesn't take much work as most of my voyages fall between 6 and 8 hours but doesn't add much significant.

Meh.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extra cash and merits is nice but it’s not much, given the time required to attain them. That being said, I'm not angry about the addition because I get three dilemmas per day already. What I am disturbed by is how toxic the community has gotten to each other...usually we’re just berating each other over gauntlet success (or lack thereof).

Yeah this topic has really gotten ugly. Just when I think people get upset over the dumbest thing along comes something even more trivial that people are willing to take to the supreme court
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say I like a voyage achievement but the rewards are not good enough for those that will miss it with long recalls.
    Let’s fly!
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of the above

These Voyage questionnaire/opinion things are starting to irritate me ... just deal with it.
    - I believe that in another thread it was shown that with fairly minimal crew (say f2p after a week or 2 in the game) you can already hit 2 hours.
    - Those with long recall times (they have to be 18+ hrs recall time in order not to hit 2 Dilemmas in a daily time period) ... what in the world are they worried about missing out on 200 Honor for one day?

I don't want to rehash continual discussions around the fairness of RNG either.

Discussing potral pulls is fine.
  • edited March 2018
    Well i personally like em...except that i have to keep a voyage out since it has run out of am and i need more dil to refill...but i wont be able too for a few days..thats about 800 honor ill be missing out on. But it is for a good cause (to get colonel Worf's last star). Edit: also just want to show the current rewards attained at my current mark
    gu6sagrsjx6z.png
    ONLY 4 super rare crew...past hour 22...this hurts!!!
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neutral

More credits are really useful, 25 merits is a rather measly amount, as is the 200 honour daily achievement reward in comparison to the effort required to meet all the dailies.

Sure it should accumulate slowly over time, but the current rate is glacial.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I am never one to lift a gift horse on its hind legs over a cliff edge. I am grateful for the extra credits and merits. I think merits could be a bit more but per week as it stands it is a quarter of a merit box and given you earn merits elsewhere in the achievements. It does add up.

I wouldn't say I love it. I think what would improve daily achievements is tagging 25 honor per achievement reached. Which is an improvement of 50 per day for those that can only do 10/11 and 75 for those that can do all 11.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • I am already getting 3 dilemmas per day so for me it's all extra freebies
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Why there are two identical options?

Hate it. It's huge obstacle for new players to get these 200 honor and at the same time these new players need it the most. Completely illogical decision.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    None of the above

These Voyage questionnaire/opinion things are starting to irritate me ... just deal with it.
    - I believe that in another thread it was shown that with fairly minimal crew (say f2p after a week or 2 in the game) you can already hit 2 hours.
    - Those with long recall times (they have to be 18+ hrs recall time in order not to hit 2 Dilemmas in a daily time period) ... what in the world are they worried about missing out on 200 Honor for one day?

I don't want to rehash continual discussions around the fairness of RNG either.

Discussing potral pulls is fine.

I think what I've tried to achieve and what this poll attempts to achieve is to really take a real temperature of where we are at as a forumbase. Is the majority of the forum up in arms? Has the majority embraced and/or dealt with it?

And I think what we're seeing is that there are a significant number of people upset, but really not the majority.

Does feel like we're eating our own on this one, though.
  • Dralix wrote: »
    I'd like to see a poll on how many people avoid voting in polls, but I'd be skeptical of the results.
    I would like to see a poll on how many people see such comments as trolling.

1. Your comment has nothing to do with this poll.
    2. You suggest a poll idea and few words later you deny it's relevance.

What do you want to achieve with your comment? Where is an eager admin to moderate such irrelevant and crude one-liners?
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you want to achieve with your comment? Where is an eager admin to moderate such irrelevant and crude one-liners?

Lighten up, Francis. The intention was to add a little levity.

Lighten up, Francis. The intention was to add a little levity.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions... Before you post next time try to lighten up your own inner candle. It's a really good advice.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before you post next time try to lighten up your own inner candle. It's a really good advice.

Advice you'd do well to consider yourself.
    Before you post next time try to lighten up your own inner candle. It's a really good advice.

Advice you'd do well to consider yourself.

I consider myself as a person harsh for trolls. Good enough?
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll just say that I've read your posts and a lot of them are harsh, abrasive, and dismissive. You look for fights, and you find them.
  • PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind the new daily achievement, it's not too hard to hit for most players. I can set a voyage when I wake up, do the first dilemma before I leave for work, do the 2nd dilemma on break or at lunch or when I get home, the third after that and recall before bed or overnight. There's a daily schedule.

The rewards for hitting three dilemmas isn't much, but I don't think it's a hard goal to reach with a little planning.

I'll just say that I've read your posts and a lot of them are harsh, abrasive, and dismissive. You look for fights, and you find them.

Of course I'm dissmisive and abrasive if I see comments like this:
    "I'd like to see a poll on how many people avoid voting in polls, but I'd be skeptical of the results.".

Do you really think it was good idea to say that for whatever the reason you had in mind?
    Why there are two identical options?

Hate it. It's huge obstacle for new players to get these 200 honor and at the same time these new players need it the most. Completely illogical decision.

First part i think one of the duplicates was meant to be I don't have a ship with 2k + AM at a guess.

As for the second part I would disagree that a newbie would need it any more than a seasoned player would. Throughout the game your honor debt climbs exponentially the moment you unlock more and more super rare/legendary cards.

Now @ all, can we please steer this in a civilised discussion as this deterioration is unfair to the OP and anyone else taking the time to constructively discuss this affair.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • I don't mind the new daily achievement, it's not too hard to hit for most players. I can set a voyage when I wake up, do the first dilemma before I leave for work, do the 2nd dilemma on break or at lunch or when I get home, the third after that and recall before bed or overnight. There's a daily schedule.

The rewards for hitting three dilemmas isn't much, but I don't think it's a hard goal to reach with a little planning.

No planning will help you if you have a very little margin for error. This is badly thought idea because it has a very harmful impact on new F2P players.
  • The reason I hate it is not represented in the poll so I didn't vote. It does not personally effect me much since I play daily and constantly run voyages. But anything that makes players in my fleet less likely to complete the daily missions is bad. And from the feedback I've gotten over the dilemma change, that is exactly what is happening. It's hard enough to get players completing the daily rewards already. This is just one more reason they won't bother to even try. And the fewer players completing the daily missions, the more ALL fleet members lose out.

If this was meant to enhance the game for the majority of players, DB failed. How many players who dislike this is acceptable? The other poll shows a majority don't like it (even if close). That is not an improvement to the game.
  • Why there are two identical options?

As for the second part I would disagree that a newbie would need it any more than a seasoned player would. Throughout the game your honor debt climbs exponentially the moment you unlock more and more super rare/legendary cards.

No new F2P player has a chance to climb the ladder you are talking about as quickly as you are suggesting. That's simply not true.

• Nerfball6 wrote: »
    The reason I hate it is not represented in the poll so I didn't vote. It does not personally effect me much since I play daily and constantly run voyages. But anything that makes players in my fleet less likely to complete the daily missions is bad. And from the feedback I've gotten over the dilemma change, that is exactly what is happening. It's hard enough to get players completing the daily rewards already. This is just one more reason they won't bother to even try. And the fewer players completing the daily missions, the more ALL fleet members lose out.

If this was meant to enhance the game for the majority of players, DB failed. How many players who dislike this is acceptable? The other poll shows a majority don't like it (even if close). That is not an improvement to the game.

Very, very true.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I'd like to see a poll on how many people avoid voting in polls, but I'd be skeptical of the results.".

Do you really think it was good idea to say that for whatever the reason you had in mind?

Not just here. The other threads on the same topic of voyage dailies.

But since I have to explain that post ...

Pallidyne thinks, based on the polls, that the majority are not upset. I wonder how many people, on either side, don't vote in polls. I jokingly suggested a poll to see how many people don't vote in polls. The results of such poll would be unreliable because people who don't vote in polls won't vote in the poll asking if they vote in polls.

Can we move on now?
    Why there are two identical options?

No new F2P player has a chance to climb the ladder you are talking about as quickly as you are suggesting. That's simply not true.

Forgive me but I did say seasoned player, it's not going to be a bed of roses for a new player, but like I said it's not a bed of roses for advanced players either.

I never intimated that new players climb the ladder quickly even though they do get generous portal pulls early on to help them. That being said participation in events is critical for new players to help build up their voyage crew in particular. It does take time but within the first 2-3 weeks of playing a player should be able to hit 2 hour mark on voyages assuming they are wise enough to do the dabo spin once a day. And take note of who are the best crew for voyages on the level 100 spreadsheet.

I wonder how many people, on either side, don't vote in polls. I jokingly suggested a poll to see how many people don't vote in polls. The results of such poll would be unreliable because people who don't vote in polls won't vote in the poll asking if they vote in polls.

Now you are twisting your own words, fantastic. Yes, we can finally move on. :-)