Home The Bridge

Why do you love/hate the new voyage daily?

2»

Comments

• Why there are two identical options?

Hate it. It's huge obstacle for new players to get these 200 honor and at the same time these new players need it the most. Completely illogical decision.
    As for the second part I would disagree that a newbie would need it any more than a seasoned player would. Throughout the game your honor debt climbs exponentially the moment you unlock more and more super rare/legendary cards.

No new F2P player has a chance to climb the ladder you are talking about as quickly as you are suggesting. That's simply not true.

Forgive me but I did say seasoned player, it's not going to be a bed of roses for a new player, but like I said it's not a bed of roses for advanced players either.

I never intimated that new players climb the ladder quickly even though they do get generous portal pulls early on to help them. That being said participation in events is critical for new players to help build up their voyage crew in particular. It does take time but within the first 2-3 weeks of playing a player should be able to hit 2 hour mark on voyages assuming they are wise enough to do the dabo spin once a day. And take note of who are the best crew for voyages on the level 100 spreadsheet.

2 hours mark is not a problem. The problem is when your voyages becoming longer than 2 hours and shorter than 4 hours.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 hours mark is not a problem. The problem is when your voyages becoming longer than 2 hours and shorter than 4 hours.

Oh yes I remember those days quite clearly and if it wasn't for the two mega events recently I would still be there. Even now if I don't have the right crew I wont hit the 6hr mark - that's where I am. Although you wouldn't completely call me F2P I was from October to December, then I used google rewards to purchase two monthly cards and I have subsequently purchased 2 10x Portal rewards I have claimed half of them but in all honesty they have added very little compared to what I worked hard on in the first place as F2P - that's actually how bad portal rewards actually are. Apologies I am drifting from the point.
    But the main point is you can do it largely as F2P but you do have to be savvy and be dedicated, nearly every single F2P game I have played or can think of requires this - and in all honesty it will never change.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • 2 hours mark is not a problem. The problem is when your voyages becoming longer than 2 hours and shorter than 4 hours.

Oh yes I remember those days quite clearly and if it wasn't for the two mega events recently I would still be there. Even now if I don't have the right crew I wont hit the 6hr mark - that's where I am. Although you wouldn't completely call me F2P I was from October to December, then I used google rewards to purchase two monthly cards and I have subsequently purchased 2 10x Portal rewards I have claimed half of them but in all honesty they have added very little compared to what I worked hard on in the first place as F2P - that's actually how bad portal rewards actually are. Apologies I am drifting from the point.
    But the main point is you can do it largely as F2P but you do have to be savvy and be dedicated, nearly every single F2P game I have played or can think of requires this - and in all honesty it will never change.

I know at least one fully F2P game which offers fantastic and generous model. It's Star Trek Online and considering F2P aspect it's far superior to Star Trek Timelines in every possible way. DB could learn so much from Cryptic.
  • I know at least one fully F2P game which offers fantastic and generous model. It's Star Trek Online and considering F2P aspect it's far superior to Star Trek Timelines in every possible way. DB could learn so much from Cryptic.[/quote]

Wasn't always F2P, when it was first released had a membership fee
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know at least one fully F2P game which offers fantastic and generous model. It's Star Trek Online and considering F2P aspect it's far superior to Star Trek Timelines in every possible way. DB could learn so much from Cryptic.

Wasn't always F2P, when it was first released had a membership fee[/quote]

Wow when did they get rid of the fee? I remember saying no thanks back when it started...
  • I know at least one fully F2P game which offers fantastic and generous model. It's Star Trek Online and considering F2P aspect it's far superior to Star Trek Timelines in every possible way. DB could learn so much from Cryptic.

Wasn't always F2P, when it was first released had a membership fee[/quote]

Yes, I believe it's F2P for 6 or 7 years now. And you know what? Even if it's F2P now i bought a lifetime subscription some time ago. I would never do that in STT.

• IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

I seem to recall that's what put me off, and I heard very mixed reviews about it, plus it was never available on playstation 3
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Pallidyne wrote: »

Wow when did they get rid of the fee? I remember saying no thanks back when it started...[/quote]

I encourage you to try it again. The game has really expanded throught these F2P years.
  • Wasn't always F2P, when it was first released had a membership fee

I seem to recall that's what put me off, and I heard very mixed reviews about it, plus it was never available on playstation 3

Now it is available on PC, XBox and PS4.
  • Sometime ago apparently

I was playing on my xbox last year for a while but just didn't have time for a proper game
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way too many comments have been flagged in this thread.
    I would like to remind everyone that personal attacks of any kind are not allowed, and that instead of escalating a situation you can go for the ignore feature.

Alternatively we could all try to be a bit more cordial towards each other :) Thank you!
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why there are two identical options?

Because I screwed up while rearranging the options on the poll. It's the first time I posted a poll. My bad.
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    None of the above

These Voyage questionnaire/opinion things are starting to irritate me ... just deal with it.
    - I believe that in another thread it was shown that with fairly minimal crew (say f2p after a week or 2 in the game) you can already hit 2 hours.
    - Those with long recall times (they have to be 18+ hrs recall time in order not to hit 2 Dilemmas in a daily time period) ... what in the world are they worried about missing out on 200 Honor for one day?

I don't want to rehash continual discussions around the fairness of RNG either.

Discussing potral pulls is fine.

I think what I've tried to achieve and what this poll attempts to achieve is to really take a real temperature of where we are at as a forumbase. Is the majority of the forum up in arms? Has the majority embraced and/or dealt with it?

And I think what we're seeing is that there are a significant number of people upset, but really not the majority.

Does feel like we're eating our own on this one, though.

Thanks everyone for indulging in my curiousity. I indeed was trying to take the temperature because comments were all over the place in the original (now merged) threads. Thanks to Shan for reminding us to stay positive.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Dralix wrote: »
    I would like to see a poll on how many people see such comments as trolling.

1. Your comment has nothing to do with this poll.
    2. You suggest a poll idea and few words later you deny it's relevance.

What do you want to achieve with your comment? Where is an eager admin to moderate such irrelevant and crude one-liners?

Lighten up, Francis. The intention was to add a little levity.

DUDE!! Before I read your response I was totally thinking “lighten up Francis”. Therefor I salute your response and found it very appreciate. Third Route, the dude made a joke. It was pretty funny. Comment moderated. ~Shan