Home The Bridge

April mega event

S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
I really think that it is a Romulan mega-event with the Enterprise crew. Probably Earth-Romulan war v2.

Comments

• [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disco-Roms
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Enough already with the mega-events. DB really knows how to beat a dead horse. Someone needs to tell them flipping it over doesn't make the stink go away.

Spend time making a NEW event. Stop rehashing the same old Faction/Galaxy. Faction is boring and Galaxy is mega-tedious and boring. Come up with a game that makes players think and use a little strategy. At least with expedition there's an ounce of strategy involved until you're loaded with 5/5's.
  • Hunter247 wrote: »
    Personally I love the Mega events. I would imagine that the majority of players are happy to get a 4/5 legendary essentially for free.

I also love that you get to reuse many of the crew that you have developed over the event for the following weeks.

I can't believe that someone can call a galaxy event tedious and then try and find any positives in expedition events which are far more tedious.

There is also plenty of strategy involved in Galaxy events. Do you build a from reserve or stock pile popular items? When do you start a supply kit? When do you cash in the Super rates etc.

Mega events simply supply all players with the same crew. It's nice until those crew end up as walls in gauntlet. There's very little skill needed to acquire them because they're always at a low threshold. But more importantly, compare getting those 4/5 against working to get 1/5 in top 1000 and it's a wacked system. It upsets everything players have played/paid for in the past. But whatever, it's DB's plan.

As for strategy, I'm not talking about the best way to do the same thing every event, I'm talking about strategy of choosing the best crew to obtain a goal. Something different for everyone based on their crew. The strategies you speak of don't ever change and is the same for everyone for every Galaxy or Faction event. And yes, Galaxy is tedious... mindless clicking spending chronos on parts. You can't make a mistake, just keep clicking. In Expedition you can absolutely make mistakes which keeps your mind a little active... But yes, I agree, it's still limited especially once you have enough strong crew that can overcome any mistakes.

Also, out of each type of event, Galaxy is the one that a lot of veteran players don't compete in past the thresholds. So players doing better in Galaxy are doing so because a huge chunk of the population is sitting them out. It's a strange business model when the aim is to have a large percentage of people sitting out half an event and not spending money.

I respect your opinion either way. On the bright side, some consider Galaxy a much needed vacation from the STT grind.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hunter247 wrote: »
    Personally I love the Mega events. I would imagine that the majority of players are happy to get a 4/5 legendary essentially for free.

I also love that you get to reuse many of the crew that you have developed over the event for the following weeks.

I can't believe that someone can call a galaxy event tedious and then try and find any positives in expedition events which are far more tedious.

There is also plenty of strategy involved in Galaxy events. Do you build a from reserve or stock pile popular items? When do you start a supply kit? When do you cash in the Super rates etc.
    Very well said. I agree 100%. I loved lvling up my Andorians during Andorian month. I like to see immediate use for the crew that you get.
    Let’s fly!
  • RowdenRowden ✭✭✭
    Agree about needing 1-2 new event types. And yes most experienced players don't waste resources by playing galaxy events beyond the top threshold.

Back to the original topic. Yes, I fully expect a mega event next month, most likely Romulan. I wish they would put more Enterprise into the game, but the results of that poll make it unlikely. Also you wouldn't expect Enterprise to be included if there is one next month. We could get our third Discovery mega event though.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    So all I'm really interested in discussing is...
    where is the idea that the April ME will be Romulan and Enterprise?

I mean, this is an ME that I'd love because a) Romulans are my fave race and we really are underrepresented in Romulans in the game, and b) Enterprise is a series I love and again is also underrepresented. So you're speaking my language tying both Romulans and Enterprise together.

But...where are you getting this information? Is there compelling evidence or is it wishful thinking?

The basis for speculating that it will feature the Romulan Star Empire is that they were excluded from the list of factions on the ballot for the summer mega. It seems reasonable to deduce that the Romulans were omitted because they were already planned for next month's mega, and DB didn't want to let us vote our way into two consecutive Romulan megas.

As for whether ENT would feature in a Romulan mega, that's not speculation so much as just wishful thinking on the part of several forum posters hopeful that the mega will explore the Earth-Romulan War.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭

I mean, this is an ME that I'd love because a) Romulans are my fave race and we really are underrepresented in Romulans in the game, and b) Enterprise is a series I love and again is also underrepresented. So you're speaking my language tying both Romulans and Enterprise together.

But...where are you getting this information? Is there compelling evidence or is it wishful thinking?

The last Enterprise mega event had exactly zero main cast characters, so I hope that they wouldn't butcher it like they did the last one.
    Grant77 wrote: »

The last Enterprise mega event had exactly zero main cast characters, so I hope that they wouldn't butcher it like they did the last one.

"Ghosts of the Past" wasn't an ENT mega. It was a DIS+Andorians mega. Andorian =/= ENT.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

I admit, I was one of the people who was excited for the expedition event during Smoke and Mirrors. Then I realized that they are even more tedious than Galaxy events because you actually have to think about how you’ll use your crew rather than just pounding away at missions to farm items.

Even though I'm fortunate enough to have a deep crew that can get every single star in Expedition event missions, I don’t even know if I would threshold-and-out on one in the future. They are that bad. I agree that faction/galaxy/hybrid events are getting stale but do not think that Expedition events are the solution.

"Ghosts of the Past" wasn't an ENT mega. It was a DIS+Andorians mega. Andorian =/= ENT.

That’s kind of the point. Discovery crew were shoehorned into an event ripe for ENT crew based on everything that Archer and the gang did to end decades of conflict between Vulcans and Andorians.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭

My point was not based on the characters that were a part of the event. The entire premise of the event was based on a series of Enterprise episodes and heavily involved the main cast. None of them made an appearance in the event, which was inexplicable and infuriating for a great number of players.

I don't want another mega event based on Enterprise if they plan to do the same thing again.
  • I want to see Archer in an event. Period. It’s time. So I hope the speculation of Enterprise event is correct if we get Archer.
    “Holodeck 2 tomorrow, 1600 hours. Just you, me and a tuning fork”
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    After watching in excess of 600 animations I beg to differ. At least with Expeditions they are a finite number of tickets to run each day that can be timed to suit. Galaxy events are just a resource sink and lack gameplay, I like expeditions as you can actually use your crew for something.
    It only broke last time when they gave everyone tickets to use; i burned through mine just on Epic, but those that squeezed every last VP from them would have been severely frustrated, Im sure.

Jim

DB: Do Better
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    After watching in excess of 600 animations I beg to differ. At least with Expeditions they are a finite number of tickets to run each day that can be timed to suit. Galaxy events are just a resource sink and lack gameplay, I like expeditions as you can actually use your crew for something.
    It only broke last time when they gave everyone tickets to use; i burned through mine just on Epic, but those that squeezed every last VP from them would have been severely frustrated, Im sure.

Jim

I like the fact that expeditions require using much crew as well but I would like to see them increased in difficulty. I can man 4 shuttles and still have plenty of quality crew to finish all expedition nodes.

• Yay Expeditions!
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope that:

It's a Romulan event
    We get Senator "It's Fake" Vrenak
    We get Mark Lenard's Romulan (because TOS Romulans looked so fabulous)
    We get Jhamel like we should have last time
    We get Enterprise crew like we should have last time (EV Suit Reed would be good, for instance)
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor

That’s kind of the point. Discovery crew were shoehorned into an event ripe for ENT crew based on everything that Archer and the gang did to end decades of conflict between Vulcans and Andorians.

"Ripe for", yes, but there was never anything about the mega that necessitated it being a reenactment of things that happened in ENT. My point stands that Andorian =/= ENT.

My point was not based on the characters that were a part of the event. The entire premise of the event was based on a series of Enterprise episodes and heavily involved the main cast. None of them made an appearance in the event, which was inexplicable and infuriating for a great number of players.

I don't want another mega event based on Enterprise if they plan to do the same thing again.

It's a misreading to conclude that the entire premise of "Ghosts of the Past" was ENT. Lieutenant Tarah was the mega's antagonist, yes, but that's it.

Yes, it was explored more in depth (and quite well, I'll add!) on ENT, but the Andorian/Vulcan rivalry did not originate on ENT. It was established in "Journey to Babel". The replacement of the Vulcan Spock by the Andorian Thelin in "Yesteryear" was a direct acknowledgment of that rivalry--that was a shorthand for just how out of whack the timeline had become. This is why the mega included Ambassador Shras ("Journey to Babel") and Commander Thelin ("Yesteryear").
    I hope that:

It's a Romulan event
    We get Enterprise crew like we should have last time (EV Suit Reed would be good, for instance)

I wanna add that I hope the TOS Romulan Bird-of-Prey debuts, too. That ship is just too cool for school.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanna add that I hope the TOS Romulan Bird-of-Prey debuts, too. That ship is just too cool for school.
    +1 would make a great Arena reward for the month (HINT @DB)

Jim

DB: Do Better
    I hope that:

It's a Romulan event

Oh man yes. With the actual bird painted on it? It was glorious.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
    I hope that:

It's a Romulan event

Yep, that's the one, and if it doesn't have the bird painted on it, there's no point adding it to the game at all.
    I hope that:

It's a Romulan event

Yep, that's the one, and if it doesn't have the bird painted on it, there's no point adding it to the game at all.

Considering the dramatic speech about seeing a ship with a bird painted on it? Yeah, it better be there.

Speaking of, maybe we'll get Lt. Whatshisname, the one that was all "Vulcans are Romulans ohmygod let's all mistrust Spock". I may not be able to remember his name, but he was actually a memorable character. And I like TOS uniforms enough I wouldn't mind seeing some more. :)

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's a Romulan event, let's get Ambassador T'Pel -- the Romulan spy who was pretending to be a Vulcan. That was a great episode.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of, maybe we'll get Lt. Whatshisname, the one that was all "Vulcans are Romulans ohmygod let's all mistrust Spock". I may not be able to remember his name

How can you forget ...

"Stiles, can you hear me? Fire!"

x50
    Dralix wrote: »
    Speaking of, maybe we'll get Lt. Whatshisname, the one that was all "Vulcans are Romulans ohmygod let's all mistrust Spock". I may not be able to remember his name

How can you forget ...

"Stiles, can you hear me? Fire!"

x50

It's been a while :P

Stiles then, I hope they add Stiles.

@Matt_Decker I agree, T'Pel would also be great. Also this game needs more Vulcan clothing in general (I want pyjamas/robe Tuvok dammit). Her outfit was great. With the improving art lately, I think she'd be a great card to have.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • [DC] Principia[DC] Principia ✭✭✭✭
    Also, out of each type of event, Galaxy is the one that a lot of veteran players don't compete in past the thresholds. So players doing better in Galaxy are doing so because a huge chunk of the population is sitting them out. It's a strange business model when the aim is to have a large percentage of people sitting out half an event and not spending money.
    If you go back to the old forums and look at the one conversation where Nod was discussing the results of a large player survey, it was made clear from how the results were spun that the favorite type of event of players to participate in is Faction.

They run Galaxy events frequently, knowing that most of the playerbase dislikes Galaxy events, because many people who do not want to participate but still want the crew will buy event offers or event portal pulls instead of participating.

The problem there is that if you are not offering crew for a Galaxy that anyone gives two tosses about, the only people inspired to participate and/or spend are completists, and that's a far smaller segment of the playerbase than even those devoted to ranking high in events.