Home The Bridge

Summer Mega-Event Hashup

Zann Calcore (ISA)Zann Calcore (ISA) ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2018 in The Bridge
So we’ve got the results of the summer mega-event poll and we’re having a DS9 event, with the Augments?! I blame DB for this result. I remember at the time I took that poll that I thought the faction question was worded oddly and now I’m proven correct. I don’t recall it exactly but it was something like “Which faction missions do you like running most?” rather than something that would have made more sense like, “Which faction would you like to see in the event?”. And so now, we have this mixed bag of... whatever, to look forward to. Sigh. 😕

This is, of course, just my opinion. What is everyone else’s? How are you all looking at this future event? Liking the results? Disliking the results? No opinion on it?

I just figured out why the question was odd. It was worded as “Which Star Trek Timelines faction is your favorite?” instead of “Which faction would you like to see in the mega-event?”.
Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.

Comments

• oh boy,, great... just a couple more weeks till they bore us all month with galaxy events.. I figured when they said summer, it would be June-July. not a couple weeks.
  • I know often the story is irrelevant and nonsensical, but DS9 Augments? So it's going to be Bashir and the other ones who were in 2 episodes that form, the basis of the event? I don't know about you, but can you name them? I can only remember Patrick.
  • All I know is if an Augment Dukat shows up, I’m done. Dukat is perfect exactly as he is. Any attempt to alter said perfection would be an unacceptable sacrilege.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh boy,, great... just a couple more weeks till they bore us all month with galaxy events.. I figured when they said summer, it would be June-July. not a couple weeks.

The Summer Mega is indeed in the summer.

The April one coming up in a few weeks is a different Mega. A spring mega, if you will.

I mean, think about it. They’d need more time between getting poll results and actually writing the story and figuring out who they want to feature, getting rights, doing the art, etc.

This is just following the pattern of a mega every two to three months.
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spocky wrote: »
    I know often the story is irrelevant and nonsensical, but DS9 Augments? So it's going to be Bashir and the other ones who were in 2 episodes that form, the basis of the event? I don't know about you, but can you name them? I can only remember Patrick.

Just because the mega event is DS9 and augments, doesn't mean that it's resteicted to that. Keep in mind that we already have Augment Picard and Riker. I for one am looking forward to Augment Jadzia Dax :smiley:

What do you think would be augmented ?

What.. What ?
    No not like that.. Exclusively.
    No I mean with Julian he got mostly intelligence upgrades.. but there could be strength, appearance.. heck, increased sense of smell.
    (That'd be a problem for micro brain who doesn't like to bathe)

• oh boy,, great... just a couple more weeks till they bore us all month with galaxy events.. I figured when they said summer, it would be June-July. not a couple weeks.

The Summer Mega is indeed in the summer.

The April one coming up in a few weeks is a different Mega. A spring mega, if you will.

I mean, think about it. They’d need more time between getting poll results and actually writing the story and figuring out who they want to feature, getting rights, doing the art, etc.

This is just following the pattern of a mega every two to three months.

oh great, that's even better, 2 months of useless galaxy events. Im already burned out, just thinking about it.
  • Spocky wrote: »
    I know often the story is irrelevant and nonsensical, but DS9 Augments? So it's going to be Bashir and the other ones who were in 2 episodes that form, the basis of the event? I don't know about you, but can you name them? I can only remember Patrick.

And that’s kind of my point. We had those two episodes and those few people who were Augments and that’s it. I like those characters and would love to see them in the game, but what I’m afraid will happen is like what @Zetterbeard was saying. There are already other Augments in the game and I just have this horrible feeling that we’re going to end up with a mishmash story set on DS9 involving Augment Picard, Riker, Persis and maybe some of the others from those two Enterprise episodes, and Khan and crew.

Don’t get me wrong; I love Khan and think he’s an awesome villain and I’d even love a chance to actually put my Joachim to use, but not quite in this way. I dunno, maybe they could involve all these famous Augments in a story that would actually be fun rather than seeming like someone took a bunch of random toys from different franchises, threw them in a box, shook it up, and then dumped it all out on the floor and called the result a story.

I’m probably worrying over nothing. After all, I love DS9. I guess I had just really hoped it would be a Dominion War event.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree here, why not have a ds9 mega in the summer and then an augment one for the autumn/fall.

I really don't want to have a load of non cannon Augmented junk.
    DB: Do Better
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect you've misunderstood. There will be crew from DS9 and Augments. Not necessarily DS9 Augments. Just because I love the four crazy Augments that Julian has as friends, doesn't mean they will be in the game. Heck, they might throw in Augments from TOS or Enterprise as well as having DS9 crew.

Some will be existing, some will be new. 2 existing augment 4*s and two existing DS9 4*s, two new super-rares from DS9 and two new for Augments, plus some 5 stars and a brand new recurring 5* for everyone.

Maybe even a Janeway! Who knows?
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see this mix being done the same as Belle'Anna has suggested. I expect we'll get 1 non-canon DS9 Augment (Augment Kira? Augment Quark?), maybe as the mega-5*, but for the most part it will be a storyline that brings the entire range of Augment crew together with a few old and a few new DS9 crew/variants. At least that would be my hope. I'm personally disappointed it was DS9 that won (voted TOS), but c'est la vie.
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just because Augments will be the theme doesn't mean that they will be the only ones. Other factions will be repressented in the individual faction and galaxy events, and all of the factions except Hirogen are relevent to DS9.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to Defiant Commander Augment Janeway myself.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Zann Calcore (ISA)Zann Calcore (ISA) ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I suspect you've misunderstood. There will be crew from DS9 and Augments. Not necessarily DS9 Augments. Just because I love the four crazy Augments that Julian has as friends, doesn't mean they will be in the game. Heck, they might throw in Augments from TOS or Enterprise as well as having DS9 crew.

Some will be existing, some will be new. 2 existing augment 4*s and two existing DS9 4*s, two new super-rares from DS9 and two new for Augments, plus some 5 stars and a brand new recurring 5* for everyone.

And that’s precisely what I’m hoping will NOT occur. I’m hoping they’ll use just the Augments from DS9 and forego the others.

@Ishmael Marx I really, REALLY hope not. They have a perfectly good Augment to use as a recurring crew already. His name is Julian Bashir.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭

And that’s precisely what I’m hoping will NOT occur. I’m hoping they’ll use just the Augments from DS9 and forego the others.

@Ishmael Marx I really, REALLY hope not. They have a perfectly good Augment to use as a recurring crew already. His name is Julian Bashir.

I suspect you're going to be woefully disappointed. @[10F] Belle'Anna is almost certainly right about how the crew will break down. There was nothing in the survey or the announcement text to tell us that the mega-event would consist of only characters who fall in the Venn diagram overlap between series and faction. Just that it would focus on characters who either come from the winning series OR are affiliated with the winning faction; not that it would focus only on characters affiliated with the winning faction within the winning series. To illustrate:

Lenara Kahn - DS9 character, not an Augment - perfectly legitimate crew choice
    Redshirt Khan - Augment, not a DS9 character - perfectly legitimate crew choice
    Chaka Khan - Not a DS9 character, not an Augment - not a legitimate crew choice

I like the crew chosen for your illustration.
  • You left out Ghengis - he could in theory be both a DS9 (holosuite char) and an Augment (timetravel is possible).

In fact, he'd be a fun recurring character :tongue:

SSR Noob
    Spoiler of spoils
  • So we’ve got the results of the summer mega-event poll and we’re having a DS9 event, with the Augments?! I blame DB for this result. I remember at the time I took that poll that I thought the faction question was worded oddly and now I’m proven correct. I don’t recall it exactly but it was something like “Which faction missions do you like running most?” rather than something that would have made more sense like, “Which faction would you like to see in the event?”. And so now, we have this mixed bag of... whatever, to look forward to. Sigh. 😕

This is, of course, just my opinion. What is everyone else’s? How are you all looking at this future event? Liking the results? Disliking the results? No opinion on it?

I just figured out why the question was odd. It was worded as “Which Star Trek Timelines faction is your favorite?” instead of “Which faction would you like to see in the mega-event?”.

I'm glad someone else spotted the way the Faction question was worded and why were all Factions not listed?
  • I'm just wondering how they are going to weave the Discovery crew into it..... >:)
  • Cal.me.IshmalCal.me.Ishmal ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Fffffgggg
  • Cal.me.IshmalCal.me.Ishmal ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I can’t figure out how to delete my comment
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can’t figure out how to delete my comment

Hit the edit button then just erase it.

• Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure for the next 2 megas I'm only going for the 4/5 legendary and airlocking everything else.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    someone took a bunch of random toys from different franchises, threw them in a box, shook it up, and then dumped it all out on the floor and called the result a story.

You mean like...this entire game?

The base premise of this game is that all timelines, from all series are colliding, bringing together characters who would never be together.

What's wrong with a story about Khan hijacking the Defiant or something? Then maybe Red Shirt Khan, who doesn't hate Kirk as much yet, could intervene, request help from a prominent doctor he's heard about who is also an augment, then Bashir brings some DS9 friends to help out. I mean, it's really not that hard to come up with a story involving some Augments and DS9 crew.

We literally just had an event with 3 different characters from 3 different series all interacting with each other. Should all events only include characters from one series and one timeline? Where's the fun in that?

There's a difference between inventing non-canon characters (like Augment Riker) and making an event with a non-canon storyline (which obviously all events are, because this game is basically one big, glorious fan-fic) involving canon characters.

Also, to address the OP, the question in the poll was "Which is your favourite faction", it said nothing specific about running shuttles. People just like augments. Because Khan was a cool character. Also because Admiral Patrick.

I mean, we'll probably still get Augment Janeway, because DB will be DB, but I expect the vast majority of characters to be canon, and they will all be DS9 or Augment characters, and it will be fun.

Can we have fun?
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spocky wrote: »

Just because the mega event is DS9 and augments, doesn't mean that it's resteicted to that. Keep in mind that we already have Augment Picard and Riker. I for one am looking forward to Augment Jadzia Dax :smiley:

What exactly is going to be augmented? I'm intrigued...
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Also, to address the OP, the question in the poll was "Which is your favourite faction", it said nothing specific about running shuttles.

I didn't actually see the poll, but my understanding was that it was made clear that the purpose of the poll was to determine the summer mega event. Some of my fleetmates didn't vote for their actual favorite, but what they wanted for a mega.

• For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »
    Also, to address the OP, the question in the poll was "Which is your favourite faction", it said nothing specific about running shuttles.

I didn't actually see the poll, but my understanding was that it was made clear that the purpose of the poll was to determine the summer mega event. Some of my fleetmates didn't vote for their actual favorite, but what they wanted for a mega.

Yep. I don't think there was anything tricky going on, it was pretty clear.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

Yep. I don't think there was anything tricky going on, it was pretty clear.

Yeah Rev Run would not have had any issues with the Poll.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-O5IHVhWj0
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

I gave no thought to which faction's shuttles I'd like to run; I only thought about potential crew. I reflexively wanted to vote KCA in hopes of getting some new KCA crew. Then I realized there really aren't any remaining KCA crew to want, so I moved down the list to the Dominion.
  • I want the recurrent crew to be Admiral Patrick. DB, please!!!?kxlkfmrnotkk.jpg
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the galaxy's future from itself since 22XX