Home The Bridge

New Forum suggestion

Can we get a background somewhat similar to what we had on the previous forums?

Comments

• Or at least anything other than gray
  • The option to have a "night mode" (dark background, medium-light print) would also be welcome.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    The option to have a "night mode" (dark background, medium-light print) would also be welcome.

Yes. Most forum software allows users to customize appearance (at the very least with dark and light themes).
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    UnkieB wrote: »
    The option to have a "night mode" (dark background, medium-light print) would also be welcome.

Yes. Most forum software allows users to customize appearance (at the very least with dark and light themes).

Hear hear!
  • Stellar IceStellar Ice ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get some basic functionality like the ability to change our username? That is necessary to add / remove / change fleet tags.
    The VIP 0 Heroes and VIP 0 Champions are looking for like-minded fellow VIP 0 players to join our family of fleets. Please contact me here or on Discord.

Come join the Star Trek Timelines Discord Community!
    Invitation code: https://discord.gg/8Du7ZtJ
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get some basic functionality like the ability to change our username? That is necessary to add / remove / change fleet tags.

This has to be done via your Disruptor Beam account: https://games.disruptorbeam.com/account
    Shan wrote: »

This has to be done via your Disruptor Beam account: https://games.disruptorbeam.com/account

Thank you Shan.
    The VIP 0 Heroes and VIP 0 Champions are looking for like-minded fellow VIP 0 players to join our family of fleets. Please contact me here or on Discord.

• Some theme options would be nice. The gray is a bit too bright for night viewing, but it looks nice and professional when I pull it up at work! :)
  • Asspin wrote: »
    Some theme options would be nice. The gray is a bit too bright for night viewing, but it looks nice and professional when I pull it up at work! :)
    lol I was thinking the same thing. Looks like I'm working ;)
  • Hey folks. My first entry here. I prefer a darker background as well.
  • As everyone , this is a serious eye sore. Just horrible, please darker colors or let us use a theme.
  • I totally agree. Its horrible right now. Sorry.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • gorram_daleksgorram_daleks ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    A "night mode" for the new forums would be great!
    9a7fytg143am.png
    gorram_daleks
    fleet member, VIP 0 Heroes
    Proud VIP 0 since January 2016 -- "The effort yields its own rewards."
  • A "night mode" for the new forums would be great!
    nr70ln85xwgr.png
    gorram_daleks
    fleet member, VIP 0 Heroes
    Proud VIP 0 since January 2016 -- "The effort yields its own rewards."
  • I feel like we're in a JJ reboot lol.gif
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • XoiikuXoiiku ✭✭✭✭
    +1 for night mode or space theme. There is lots of nice space art in the game, could we get some of those or something like those used as background images for the forums please?
    We are all downstream from each other and ourselves, therefore choose to be relaxed and groovy.
    Consider participating in civil discourse, understanding the Tardigrade, and wandering with the Subspace Eddies.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like we're in a JJ reboot lol.gif

Don't encourage them or we'll end up with lens flares all over the place.
  • The option to have a "night mode" (dark background, medium-light print) would also be welcome.

+1
  • OMG Yes! So much needs to be done to improve the visuals. Kudos on the upgrade for security purposes but lets get a decorator in here asap.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    http://tenforwardloungers.freecluster.eu
  • Agreed on needing darker themes. The white is painfully bright.
  • +1 for night mode or space theme. There is lots of nice space art in the game, could we get some of those or something like those used as background images for the forums please?

I second this! I would love to have options of utilizing some of the gorgeous artwork the game has as a backdrop for these forums.
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista
  • I miss the ability to have fleet banners in signatures. How else will I show off my crappy MS Paint skillz?
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • [STJ] Wendell[STJ] Wendell ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Night mode please :)
    I liked the previous colors, but anything darker would work.

You cannot edit your profile avatar unless you go to the full site and they are very tiny. Maybe consider changing that? No one can read my hilarious meme ;)

Also nice job, I can already tell this will be much easier to navigate with my mobile device.
    STAR TREK JUNKIES
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    UnkieB wrote: »

Hear hear!

Just installed a Firefox add-on called Page Shadow, which lets you pick color "themes" for any page. It's also apparently available for all the other major browsers.

Here's a screenshot of one of the themes:
    8lfaibk2coxg.jpg

Whelp, it ain't perfect, but dang, that is a lot better. Thanks for the extension tip.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I miss the ability to have fleet banners in signatures. How else will I show off my crappy MS Paint skillz?

Personally, I've always hated images in signatures. In some forums, they become obnoxious to the point where you have nothing but 20 line signatures attached to 2 word posts.

However, I found it odd that I have the option to block images in signatures and they're not allowed. I don't care if people use images provided I have the option to block them.

EDIT (because I can) - I think my signature is the best.
    I think the feature I'm most missing right about now is the ability to unsubscribe from threads to stop getting email notifications about every post. I found the notification options here, but the old forum had a link at the top of the thread to just unsubscribe from that particular thread. Does anyone have any insight as to an equivalent here, other than changing general notification settings? It's entirely possible I am just missing it due to being blinded .....