Home The Bridge

New Forum suggestion

2»

Comments

• so much white space...so much scrolling
  • Data1001 wrote: »
    Just installed a Firefox add-on called Page Shadow, which lets you pick color "themes" for any page. It's also apparently available for all the other major browsers.

Here's a screenshot of one of the themes:
    8lfaibk2coxg.jpg

Thank you for this!
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    so much white space...so much scrolling

This! So much this!
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the feature I'm most missing right about now is the ability to unsubscribe from threads to stop getting email notifications about every post. I found the notification options here, but the old forum had a link at the top of the thread to just unsubscribe from that particular thread. Does anyone have any insight as to an equivalent here, other than changing general notification settings? It's entirely possible I am just missing it due to being blinded .....

Yep. Guess I just need to mass delete anything from STT now and change my settings for no notifications at all.
    I'm all for progress and better forums, but this isn't a step backwards, or even two. It's a full fledged sprint.
  • Yes, ability to change skins would be nice
  • Captain Lorca is not happy. He can't see the screen. He wants to keep his real eyes, and CAN'T HAVE THE SUDDEN BRIGHTNESS!!!!!
  • Why does the signature text have to be so unreadably tiny?
    Fleet: The United Federation of Pragmatists

Our mission: Active game play, without taking things too seriously. The only requirements are 1) Be Nice, and 2) Play regularly. ZERO chatting/social requirements - we’re mainly in it for the Squad, Fleet and Starbase Rewards.

We have a few openings left for like-minded Captains!
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I think the feature I'm most missing right about now is the ability to unsubscribe from threads to stop getting email notifications about every post. I found the notification options here, but the old forum had a link at the top of the thread to just unsubscribe from that particular thread. Does anyone have any insight as to an equivalent here, other than changing general notification settings? It's entirely possible I am just missing it due to being blinded .....

As you mentioned, you can customize your notifications by going to your profile then choosing Edit Profile from the drop-down...

r8dn48iuyl6o.png

...and then if you want to easily follow certain threads, you can click the little star to the upper-right of the thread, which will add it to your "bookmarks" -- after that you can jump right to those bookmarked threads by clicking the bookmark icon at the very top of the page.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Burnham, MichelleBurnham, Michelle ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    d0mdf56pyr5w.png

UC Browser has a grey theme.
  • Definitely needs to option to change the theme and most definitely we need a dark theme.
  • I love the new forum. It's much easier to see and use on a mobile device. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Data1001 wrote: »
    UnkieB wrote: »
    The option to have a "night mode" (dark background, medium-light print) would also be welcome.

Yes. Most forum software allows users to customize appearance (at the very least with dark and light themes).

Hear hear!

Just installed a Firefox add-on called Page Shadow, which lets you pick color "themes" for any page. It's also apparently available for all the other major browsers.

Works great here, but I hate it most everywhere else. Is there any way to make it apply only to the pages I tell it to rather than have to whitelist every other page on the internet?

Edit: Found it in the options. Nice addon, thanks for that suggestion.
  • I personally FAR prefer the new theme and the new forum layout. Much easier to read without a bunch of distracting banners and images all over the place. I come here looking for information and to read the discussions, and it's far easier to do so even on a mobile device now.

Kudos to Disruptor Beam for providing a better forum experience!

I don't at all object to the addition of a "night mode" or a darker theme, as long as it's a user-set option, so I can retain this plainer, easier to read version.
  • Does anyone know how to unfollow or unsubscribe from a thread?
  • [CFOH] Earl Grey[CFOH] Earl Grey ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Also, I installed page shadow for Chrome and can't seem to find where to change colors. Has anyone used it for Chrome as yet?

*UPDATE* I found the color inversion setting. Please disregard.