Home The Bridge

Ranks, Thresholds, Existing Crew, and New Crew

Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2018 in The Bridge
UPDATED THROUGH "THE LONGEST DAY"

Because it keeps coming up, I decided to look into instances of events featuring one new crew and one existing crew, and whether they appeared as threshold or rank rewards. Here's what has happened to date.

Existing Crew in Thresholds, New Crew in Rank
  1. "War Interrupted" (Rakal Troi, E; Trader Odo, N)
  2. "The Captain's Oath" (Captain Sulu, E; Captain John Harriman, N)
  3. "Gods and Masters" (Luther Sloan, E; Sybok, N)
  4. "The Big Sting" (Detective Dixon Hill, E; Anastasia Komananov, N)
  5. "Quadrilateral 2" (Rogue Harry Kim, E; Kurros, N)
  6. "A Good Day to Lie 2: When Giants Walk" (Liaison Torres, E; Ambassador K'Ehleyr, N)
  7. "A Good Day to Lie 3: The Heart of the Empire" (General Martok, E; Klingon Torres, N)
  8. "They Came from the Holodeck! 3" (Captain Proton Paris, E; The President of Earth, N)
  9. "Mind and Matter" (Bridge Officer Troi, E; Katra McCoy, N)
  10. "Homestead" (Vedek Bareil Antos, E; Lal, N)
  11. "Our Thoughts Combined" (Ambassador Sarek, E; Author Doctor, N)
  12. "The Akiritarian Job 2" (Rura Penthe Reed, E; Tactical Michael Burnham, N)
  13. "Smoke & Mirrors 1: Heavy Lies the Crown" (Mirror Empress Sato, E; Mirror Jadzia Dax, N)
  14. "Smoke & Mirrors 2: Imperial Decree" (Mirror Tucker, E; Mirror Vic Fontaine, N)
  15. "Smoke & Mirrors 3: Reflections" (Mirror Uhura, E; Mirror Mayweather, N)
  16. "Ghosts of the Past 2: The Honor of Andoria" (Commando Shran, E; Commander Thelin, N)
  17. "The Prime Directive 2" (Agent Harris, E; Anij, N)

New Crew in Thresholds, Existing Crew in Rank
  1. "Shore Leave" (Augment Riker, N; Romulan Kirk, E)
  2. "The Process of Assimilation 2: Experimental Design" (Assimilated Tuvok, N; Dr. Tolian Soran, E)
  3. "The Process of Assimilation 3: Contagion" (Icheb, N; Arik Soong, E)
  4. "The Trouble with Klingons 3" (Captain Klaa, N; 1701 Jadzia Dax, E)
  5. "Contingency Plan 2" (Kilana, N; Civil War Worf, E)
  6. "Discovery: A New Anomaly 1: Streak of Stardust" (First Officer Saru, N; Captain Janeway, E)
  7. "Discovery: A New Anomaly 2: First Impressions" (Reinforcements Stamets, N; Marla McGivers, E)
  8. "Discovery: A New Anomaly 3: Orion Belt" (Lt. Ash Tyler, N; Orion Slaver, E)
  9. "Discovery: A New Anomaly 4: A Logical Reaction (Sarek, N; Blood Oath Jadzia Dax, E)
  10. "Ghost in the Machine 2" (Ruk, N; Lore, E)
  11. "Fast as Light" (Buster Kincaid Kim, N; Duchamps, E)
  12. "The Daystrom Award" (Commander Chapel, N; Temporal Agent Seven, E)
  13. "Triple Threat 2" (Torchbearer Voq, N; Young Khan, E)
  14. "War Interrupted 2" (Bajoran Dukat, N; Rakal Troi, E)
  15. "Consolation Prize" (Victorian Pulaski, N; Dr. Hippocrates Noah, E)
  16. "The Galactic Series" (Nurse Faith Garland, N; Niners Rom, E)
  17. "Research Partners" (Mutated Paris, N; Mirror Phlox, E)
  18. "All We Become 1: Father of Logic" (Amanda Grayson, N; Katra McCoy, E)
  19. "All We Become 2: Breakthrough" (Vulcan Wedding T'Pol, N; Lieutenant Valeris, E)
  20. "All We Become 3: Fire with Fire" (Commander Keras, N; Romulan Kirk, E)
  21. "All We Become 4: Reunification" (Mintakan Troi, N; Commander Sela, E)
  22. "Rule 125 2" (Profitable Ishka, N; Pel, E; Klingon Quark, E Pack Only)
  23. "Reverie in Prime" (Alan-A-Dale, N; Vic Fontaine, E)
  24. "The Butchers of Beta Penthe (Tieran Possessed Kes, N; Ardra, E)
  25. "The Longest Day" (Xindi Prisoner Archer, N; Rogue Harry Kim, E)

Trends

Overall
As you can see, New in Threshold has an 8-event lead over New in Rank.

All but two of the events in 2018 have followed the New in Thresholds schema.

Replays
In instances of replayed events, the trend very slightly favors New Crew in Thresholds (6) vs. Rank (4).

Mega-Events
The first six mega-events each stuck to one reward schema. "The Process of Assimilation", "Discovery: A New Anomaly", and "All We Become" followed New in Thresholds/Existing in Rank. "A Good Day to Lie", "Smoke & Mirrors", and "Ghosts of the Past" followed New in Rank/Existing in Threshold. The schema use in the first week is now a reliable indicator what schema will be used throughout the mega-event.

Speculation about Future Events
When I originally wrote this post, my speculation consisted of ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. By now, though, we've had enough events following trends that it seems reasonable to speculate. New Crew in Thresholds seems to have become the default schema in 2018.

See later posts for analysis by event type and a list of all these events in chronological order.

Comments

• [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noice. Can you divide it into event type to see if different types of event are more likely to have the crew in threshold/ranked please?

I do love how you break the information down and present it so clearly!
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, we'd really need to examine this by event type for it to be of any real use. There are lots of people for whom ranked reward in faction events are not an issue, but won't play galaxies and vice versa, so they are really 2 different constituencies.

There is also the fact that in a galaxy you can FF the threshold without opening a pack, whilst you can't do that in a faction, and you can get the best of both worlds in a hybrid.

I am one of the people who would almost always prefer the new crew to be threshold in Galaxies and ranked in faction for example, so I'm much more interested in that breakdown. (the same issue arises when we try to analyse the 9.99 pack on a Sunday/Monday, in Galaxies I would prefer it to be the ranked reward and in Factions the threshold.)

So it's less about DB being consistent week to week and more about are they consistent event type to event type.
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thurthorad wrote: »
    Yeah, we'd really need to examine this by event type for it to be of any real use. There are lots of people for whom ranked reward in faction events are not an issue, but won't play galaxies and vice versa, so they are really 2 different constituencies.

There is also the fact that in a galaxy you can FF the threshold without opening a pack, whilst you can't do that in a faction, and you can get the best of both worlds in a hybrid.

I am one of the people who would almost always prefer the new crew to be threshold in Galaxies and ranked in faction for example, so I'm much more interested in that breakdown. (the same issue arises when we try to analyse the 9.99 pack on a Sunday/Monday, in Galaxies I would prefer it to be the ranked reward and in Factions the threshold.)

So it's less about DB being consistent week to week and more about are they consistent event type to event type.

Agreed. I hate getting a brand new 3/4 and have to work to get a new crew FF. I often end up with two unused characters.

In galaxies, it certainly is better to have the new crew as threshold, and this would work out much better for new players too.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll echo the request to look at it by event type.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, so I went through them with the wiki and added the event type. For the sake of my sanity, I did not look into whether any of the hybrids were part expedition.

Existing Crew in Thresholds, New Crew in Rank - x16
    1. "War Interrupted" (Rakal Troi, E; Trader Odo, N) FACTION
    2. "The Captain's Oath" (Captain Sulu, E; Captain John Harriman, N) HYBRID
    3. "Gods and Monsters" (Luther Sloan, E; Sybok, N) GALAXY
    5. "The Big Sting" (Detective Dixon Hill, E; Anastasia Komananov, N) FACTION
    6. "Quadrilateral 2" (Rogue Harry Kim, E; Kurros, N) EXPEDITION
    7. "A Good Day to Lie 2: When Giants Walk" (Liaison Torres, E; Ambassador K'Ehleyr, N) FACTION
    8. "A Good Day to Lie 3: The Heart of the Empire" (General Martok, E; Klingon Torres, N) HYBRID
    9. "They Came from the Holodeck! 3" (Captain Proton Paris, E; The President of Earth, N) FACTION
    10. "Mind and Matter" (Bridge Officer Troi, E; Katra McCoy, N) GALAXY
    11. "Homestead" (Vedek Bareil Antos, E; Lal, N) FACTION
    12. "Our Thoughts Combined" (Ambassador Sarek, E; Author Doctor, N) HYBRID
    13. "The Akiritarian Job 2" (Rura Penthe Reed, E; Tactical Michael Burnham, N) FACTION
    14. "Smoke & Mirrors 1: Heavy Lies the Crown" (Mirror Empress Sato, E; Mirror Jadzia Dax, N) GALAXY
    15. "Smoke & Mirrors 2: Imperial Decree" (Mirror Tucker, E; Mirror Vic Fontaine, N) FACTION
    16. "Smoke & Mirrors 3: Reflections" (Mirror Uhura, E; Mirror Mayweather, N) HYBRID
    17. "Ghosts of the Past 2: The Honor of Andoria" (Commando Shran, E; Commander Thelin, N) FACTION

New Crew in Thresholds, Existing Crew in Rank - x15
    1. "Shore Leave" (Augment Riker, N; Romulan Kirk, E) FACTION
    2. "The Process of Assimilation 2: Experimental Design" (Assimilated Tuvok, N; Dr. Tolian Soran, E) FACTION
    3. "The Process of Assimilation 3: Contagion" (Icheb, N; Arik Soong, E) HYBRID
    4. "The Trouble with Klingons 3" (Captain Klaa, N; 1701 Jadzia Dax, E) FACTION
    5. "Contingency Plan 2" (Kilana, N; Civil War Worf, E) GALAXY
    6. "Discovery: A New Anomaly 1: Streak of Stardust" (First Officer Saru, N; Captain Janeway, E) HYBRID
    7. "Discovery: A New Anomaly 2: First Impressions" (Reinforcements Stamets, N; Marla McGivers, E) HYBRID
    8. "Discovery: A New Anomaly 3: Orion Belt" (Lt. Ash Tyler, N; Orion Slaver, E) GALAXY
    9. "Discovery: A New Anomaly 4: A Logical Reaction (Sarek, N; Blood Oath Jadzia Dax, E) FACTION
    10. "Ghost in the Machine 2" (Ruk, N; Lore, E) FACTION
    11. "Fast as Light" (Buster Kincaid Kim, N; Duchamps, E) GALAXY
    12. "The Daystrom Award" (Commander Chapel, N; Temporal Agent Seven, E) FACTION
    13. "Triple Threat 2" (Torchbearer Voq, N; Young Khan, E) GALAXY
    14. "War Interrupted 2" (Bajoran Dukat, N; Rakal Troi, E) FACTION
    15. "Consolation Prize" (Victorian Pulaski, N; Dr. Hippocrates Noah, E) GALAXY

Factions:
    8 Existing used as Threshold
    7 Existing used as Ranked

Galaxies:
    3 Existing used as Threshold
    5 Existing used as Ranked

Hybrids:
    4 Existing used as Threshold
    3 Existing used as Ranked

Expeditions:
    1 Existing used as Threshold

So, we still don’t have much of a pattern.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you're saying the 50% odds are consistant enough that it is a better bet than, say, the 80% odds in a faction mission?
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    Looking from other side while Faction tend to be everything, Threshold tend to be at least somewhat Faction, especially after Klingon Mega.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    al103 wrote: »
    Looking from other side while Faction tend to be everything, Threshold tend to be at least somewhat Faction, especially after Klingon Mega.

I think that’s just a result of most of these events being faction events.

15/31 are faction, as opposed to 8/31 are galaxies, 7/31 are hybrids, and 1/31 is an expedition.

When you have those kinds of numbers, you’re going to have one of them be majority faction.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    @[QH] White Clifford - Thanks for jumping in and working out the event format data!

It also occurred to me that looking at it chronologically may be helpful, so here are all the events featuring one new/one existing in their play order. To make it a little easier to read at a glance, I've bolded New Threshold, Existing Rank events.

• 1/5/17 "War Interrupted"(Rakal Troi, E; Trader Odo, N) FACTION
    • 2/9/17 "The Captain's Oath" (Captain Sulu, E; Captain John Harriman, N) HYBRID
    • 3/16/17 "Shore Leave (Augment Riker, N; Romulan Kirk, E) FACTION
    • 3/30/17 "Gods and Masters" (Luther Sloan, E; Sybok, N) GALAXY
    • 4/20/17 "The Big Sting" (Detective Dixon Hill, E; Anastasia Komananov, N) FACTION
    • 4/27/17 "Quadrilateral 2" (Rogue Harry Kim, E; Kurros, N) EXPEDITION
    • 5/11/17 "The Process of Assimilation 2: Experimental Design" (Assimilated Tuvok, N; Dr. Tolian Soran, E)
    • 5/18/17 "The Process of Assimilation 3: Contagion" (Icheb, N; Arik Soong, E) HYBRID
    • 6/29/17 "The Trouble with Klingons 3" (Captain Klaa, N; 1701 Jadzia Dax, E) FACTION
    • 7/13/17 "A Good Day to Lie 2: When Giants Walk" (Liaison Torres, E; Ambassador K'Ehleyr, N) FACTION
    • 7/20/17 "A Good Day to Lie 3: The Heart of the Empire" (General Martok, E; Klingon Torres, N) HYBRID
    • 8/3/17 "They Came from the Holodeck! 3" (Captain Proton Paris, E; The President of Earth, N) FACTION
    • 8/10/17 "Mind and Matter" (Bridge Officer Troi, E; Katra McCoy, N) GALAXY
    • 8/17/17 "Homestead" (Vedek Bareil Antos, E; Lal, N) FACTION
    • 8/24/17 "Contingency Plan 2" (Kilana, N; Civil War Worf, E) GALAXY
    • 8/31/17 "Our Thoughts Combined" (Ambassador Sarek, E; Author Doctor, N) HYBRID
    • 10/5/17 "Discovery: A New Anomaly 1: Streak of Stardust" (First Officer Saru, N; Captain Janeway, E) HYBRID
    • 10/12/17 "Discovery: A New Anomaly 2: First Impressions" (Reinforcements Stamets, N; Marla McGivers, E) HYBRID
    • 10/19/17 "Discovery: A New Anomaly 3: Orion Belt" (Lt. Ash Tyler, N; Orion Slaver, E) GALAXY
    • 10/26/17 "Discovery: A New Anomaly 4: A Logical Reaction (Sarek, N; Blood Oath Jadzia Dax, E) FACTION
    • 11/2/17 "Ghost in the Machine 2" (Ruk, N; Lore, E) FACTION
    • 11/16/17 "The Akiritarian Job 2" (Rura Penthe Reed, E; Tactical Michael Burnham, N) FACTION
    • 11/22/17 "Fast as Light"" (Buster Kincaid Kim, N; Duchamps, E) GALAXY
    • 11/30/17 "The Daystrom Award" (Commander Chapel, N; Temporal Agent Seven, E) FACTION
    • 12/7/17 "Smoke & Mirrors 1: Heavy Lies the Crown" (Mirror Empress Sato, E; Mirror Jadzia Dax, N) GALAXY
    • 12/14/17"Smoke & Mirrors 2: Imperial Decree" (Mirror Tucker, E; Mirror Vic Fontaine, N) FACTION
    • 12/21/17 "Smoke & Mirrors 3: Reflections" (Mirror Uhura, E; Mirror Mayweather, N) HYBRID
    • 1/4/18 "Triple Threat 2" (Torchbearer Voq, N; Young Khan, E) GALAXY
    • 2/8/18 "Ghosts of the Past 2: The Honor of Andoria" (Commando Shran, E; Commander Thelin, N) FACTION
    • 3/1/18 "War Interrupted 2" (Bajoran Dukat, N; Rakal Troi, E) FACTION
    • 3/8/18 "Consolation Prize" (Victorian Pulaski, N; Dr. Hippocrates Noah, E) GALAXY
    • 3/15/18 "The Galactic Series" (Nurse Faith Garland, N; Niners Rom, E) HYBRID
    • 3/22/18 "Research Partners" (Mutated Paris, N; Mirror Phlox, E)
    • 3/29/18 "The Prime Directive 2" (Agent Harris, E; Anij, N) GALAXY
    • 4/5/18 "All We Become 1: Father of Logic" (Amanda Grayson, N; Katra McCoy, E) FACTION
    • 4/12/18 "All We Become 2: Breakthrough" (Vulcan Wedding T'Pol, N; Lieutenant Valeris, E) GALAXY
    • 4/19/18 "All We Become 3: Fire with Fire" (Commander Keras, N; Romulan Kirk, E) FACTION
    • 4/26/18 "All We Become 4: Reunification" (Mintakan Troi, N; Commander Sela, E) HYBRID F/G
    • 5/3/18 "Rule 125 2" (Profitable Ishka, N; Pel, E; Klingon Quark, E Pack Only) FACTION
    • 5/10/18 "Reverie in Prime" (Alan-A-Dale, N; Vic Fontaine, E) GALAXY
    • 5/17/18 "The Butchers of Beta Penthe (Tieran Possessed Kes, N; Ardra, E) FACTION
    • 5/24/18 "The Longest Day" (Xindi Prisoner Archer, N; Rogue Harry Kim, E) HYBRID F/G

The chronological trend has clearly skewed in favor of New in Threshold, Existing in Rank.
    Updated to include "The Galactic Series". This makes it an even tie between New in Thresholds and New in Rank (16 events apiece). Next week's "Research Partners", featuring Mutated Paris (N) and Mirror Phlox (E) will break the tie, but it obviously still will be impossible to identify an overall trend.

However, here in 2018, there has very clearly been a shift toward New in Threshold. Of the five such events so far, four of them--including the last three--have followed that schema. Whether that signals a paradigm shift remains to be seen, but it's certainly noticeable!
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to go all global-warming-hockey-stick-graph here, but I looked at @Travis S McClain 's bolded list and immediately noticed a shift when DSC was introduced into the game. Coincidence? I think not, because DB wants to retain those viewers and Threshold rewards are easier to obtain by newer players. And that's OK by me, even though I would like to complete some older cards & have never watched DSC, because I want my favorite game to survive & thrive. LLAP
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
    Not to go all global-warming-hockey-stick-graph here, but I looked at @Travis S McClain 's bolded list and immediately noticed a shift when DSC was introduced into the game. Coincidence? I think not, because DB wants to retain those viewers and Threshold rewards are easier to obtain by newer players. And that's OK by me, even though I would like to complete some older cards & have never watched DSC, because I want my favorite game to survive & thrive. LLAP

I presented the information that way to highlight that very point, @~peregrine~, though I read it as more of an appeal to established players. We collectively seem to get cranky about having to earn new crew from rank rewards. Plus, it gives those of us who already have the Existing Crew something to do during the event instead of having to wait until it's over. For the newcomers, they'll both be new-to-them anyway, after all, so there's really no compelling reason why they should have a preference in terms of the schema itself. (Obviously, each player will have a preference between the two crew members, of course.)

The flip side, of course, is that for established players who have an incompletely fused Existing Crew will often find it a slog to have to chase those stars they need from the rank table. And if we already have that Existing Crew fully fused, then it becomes a matter of whether to chase a top 1000 finish and go for the 5*, or to play Thresholds & Out and bail early. Sometimes it's a relief to bail early and resume regular game play. Sometimes it's disappointing to feel like there's so little to an event of interest.

For instance, I went into this current event, "The Galactic Series", with an immortalized Niners Rom. I was glad to see Nurse Faith Garland in the thresholds, because it meant I would be guaranteed to get her rather than have to wait until Monday and hope for the best. It also gave me someone to work on on Thursday and Friday.

However, since I have no use for any superfluous copies of Niners Rom, the event then became about whether to go for Martian Quark or bail on the event altogether. I decided to stick it out partly because I love DS9 and partly because I'm completely caught up on my crew and have no one to work on at present. Under other circumstances, though, I've often bailed when the Existing Crew was Rank.
    Updated through "Research Partners". We very clearly now have a trend of New in Threshold/Existing in Rank, with five of the six events in 2018 now going that way, including the last four in a row.
    Updated through "The Prime Directive 2", which breaks a streak of four consecutive events with New Crew in Thresholds.
    Updated through "All We Become 1: Father of Logic". This brings us to six of the eight mixed events in 2018 to follow the New in Threshold/Existing in Rank schema.
    Updated through "All We Become 2: Breakthrough". Revised the original post to include some updated speculation. By now, we've had enough events to base reasonable speculation. New Crew in Threshold/Existing in Rank seems to have become the default schema. Only two 2018 events have gone the other way. The first was the only part of the "Ghosts of the Past" mega-event to featured one new and one existing crew, and the second was the replay of "The Prime Directive".
    Updated through "All We Become 3: Fire with Fire". This is the tenth event of 2018 and the eighth to follow the New in Threshold schema.
    Updated through "The Longest Day". Think it's safe to say that New in Threshold, Existing in Rank is now the default schema.
  • [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    Well, aside from events which include a community reward, putting the new one in the threshold will leave most people at 3/4. They might very well have determined that this is the sweet spot to encourage the most players to buy extra event packs.
    Elynduil wrote: »
    Well, aside from events which include a community reward, putting the new one in the threshold will leave most people at 3/4. They might very well have determined that this is the sweet spot to encourage the most players to buy extra event packs.

Then there's the player side. If you don't have the Existing crew already, it has no meaningful difference. If, however, you do already have the Existing crew, then it's a mixed bag.

PROS
    You have one Featured Crew already, and having the New Crew in the thresholds gives you the chance to have two throughout the event.

If you're not chasing the 5* Rank Reward, you have more flexibility for how much effort to put into the event. If your Existing Crew is immortalized, you can essentially bail whenever you're done with the thresholds. If your Existing Crew still needs stars, you can get by with cracking the top 2000 to get three stars to FF the 1/4 you had. If you need fewer stars, you can get by with an even lower rank.

CONS
    If you have the Existing Crew but they need stars, it's irksome to have to play to the end and hope you get them from the Rank, whereas if they're in the Thresholds, you should be able to FF as you go. At the end of the event, this may also give you the flexibility to freeze this crew member to make room for the New Crew you get at the end from the Ranks.

All in all, I personally favor having the New Crew in the Thresholds. I still need stars on quite a few of my crew, but they're all FE so it's nice on Thursdays to have someone new to work on. But I realize most players don't have the luxury of being caught up on their crew, so I don't expect many to share my take on it.
  • [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    I think even for newer players, this is better. If I'm going to FF something, it should preferably not be crew who are usually obsolete already.
    Since I started this thread, we've now collected more than sufficient data to see the history of the schema and that New in Threshold/Existing in Rank has become the default. I'm going to abandon updating this thread, but anyone else who may become curious later will have this as a starting point.
  • Cpt. CavemanCpt. Caveman ✭✭✭✭
    All but two of the events in 2018 have followed the New in Thresholds schema.

I made a post when this week's threshold was revealed. I thought, why are they ruining a good trend. I was shocked when I saw so many people disagree. But, after reading through, I can understand. There are so many players, with different goals, in different stages of play. I'm on the outside looking in for those that just assume they will be top 1500 and get 4/4. I'm lucky if I crack top 3000. So I was happy with 3/4 in threshold and a "chance" of getting 1 or 2* existing to FF the crew I already had.
  • Cpt. CavemanCpt. Caveman ✭✭✭✭
    Coming back to this, since we have another week of "existing" being Threshold reward.

Top 1500 get 4/4
    Top 2000 get 3/4 - Where Threshold would also get you 3/4
    Top 3000 get 1/4

So, unless you are top 3000, you have no chance at getting "new" crew at all. That's about 97% of the player base below 3000 rank. ( using Arena as top 1% is roughly #1000 rank ).
    Coming back to this, since we have another week of "existing" being Threshold reward.

Top 1500 get 4/4
    Top 2000 get 3/4 - Where Threshold would also get you 3/4
    Top 3000 get 1/4

So, unless you are top 3000, you have no chance at getting "new" crew at all. That's about 97% of the player base below 3000 rank. ( using Arena as top 1% is roughly #1000 rank ).

This is the key reason why so many of us have pleaded the case for percentile-based rewards, a la the Arena.