• YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Little interest from me in this one... Artwork should be fun though
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on the stats and traits
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    4yvqfrsaspwx.png

Xindi Insectiod Counselor

Oh sweet! I am all over this. I wish that Enterprise characters were included in events though. It seems like fans of the show never get a chance to compete for their favourite characters.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    New pack is up.
  • The Great GornholioThe Great Gornholio ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Found him!

latest?cb=20160905053131

:p

85ckknh4mk2r.png

• Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to take a crack at that Xindi, but I have Gorn Captain and Orion Slaver 4/4 so I won't risk it.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found him!

latest?cb=20160905053131

:p

That was my first thought as well!

I loved the Insectoid Xindi though, wish I could get some packs...
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Depends on the stats and traits

FE/FF level 100
    DIP 1252 (162-332)
    SEC 541 (111-235)
    SCI 1169 (64-147)

FE 1/5 level 100

DIP 862 (162-332)
    SEC 316 (111-235)
    SCI 741 (64-147)

Traits: Xindi, Brutal, Diplomat, Desperate

source: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/4239/new-crew-xindi-insectoid-counselor-5#latest
  • AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    Hrm I'd really like the Xindi but I have no interest at all in any of the 4stars. Not going to try my luck on this one :-(
  • [TFA] CaptainObvious[TFA] CaptainObvious ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    guest_7456 wrote: »
    Traits: [...] Brutal, [...] Desperate

Amazing! You don't see that every day!
    So you’re telling me that the Xindi Insectoid Counselor does not have the Counselor trait.

Alright, that’s cool.

That was one of the two traits I "knew" for sure would be there (Xindi and Counselor). Silly me.
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, to be fair, I think the "counselor" trait is more for the therapeutic kind of counselor, as opposed to the politician kind, isn't it? Or really who knows.
  • Mordack wrote: »
    So you’re telling me that the Xindi Insectoid Counselor does not have the Counselor trait.

Alright, that’s cool.

I suspect that whilst DB have made a mistake here it isn't the one you think they've made. That Xindi was a member of the Xindi Council, and therefore a councillor, rather than a counsellor. The latter being a sort of agony aunt like Troi, and the former being a member of a council. I doubt the other Xindi went to the insectoid for advice if they were feeling stress at work - DB have used the wrong word.

I think you have the right idea but DB didn't actually use the wrong word...
    counselor (plural counselors) (American, Canadian, alternative in Canada)
    1.A professional who counsels people, especially on personal problems.
    2.A licensed and professionally trained counselor.
    3.(education) A school counselor, often in a specialty such as careers, education, or health.
    4.(law) A counselor, counsellor, counselor-at-law or counsellor-at-law is an attorney.
    5.(politics) A high ranking diplomat, usually just below an ambassador or minister.
    6.A children’s supervisor, usually at camp.

Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • MordackMordack ✭✭✭
    Mordack wrote: »

Alright, that’s cool.

I suspect that whilst DB have made a mistake here it isn't the one you think they've made. That Xindi was a member of the Xindi Council, and therefore a councillor, rather than a counsellor. The latter being a sort of agony aunt like Troi, and the former being a member of a council. I doubt the other Xindi went to the insectoid for advice if they were feeling stress at work - DB have used the wrong word.

3.(education) A school counselor, often in a specialty such as careers, education, or health.
    4.(law) A counselor, counsellor, counselor-at-law or counsellor-at-law is an attorney.
    5.(politics) A high ranking diplomat, usually just below an ambassador or minister.

That's fair enough. I've only ever heard it used in the advice giving context, but of course I'm European and DB are American so I would think that. Still, within the context of the game I've taken the 'counsellor' trait to refer to people like Troi.

Alright, that’s cool.

Good point, but the character was not a diplomat (an official representing a country abroad.) He was serving as member of a council (an advisory, deliberative, or legislative body of people formally constituted and meeting regularly.)

Alright, that’s cool.

That's fair enough. I've only ever heard it used in the advice giving context, but of course I'm European and DB are American so I would think that. Still, within the context of the game I've taken the 'counsellor' trait to refer to people like Troi.

Counsellor being used to refer to a diplomat is rare in my experience (I'm Canadian), barring maybe Firefly.

Otherwise, if I were to give a name to someone who was sitting on a council, I would almost certainly use Councillor.

In any case, the Insectoid should not have the counsellor trait, because that's pretty explicitly meant for a "ship's counsellor" kind of thing, meaning a therapist-type person, as in Troi, Ezri etc.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor

Alright, that’s cool.

Counsellor being used to refer to a diplomat is rare in my experience (I'm Canadian), barring maybe Firefly.

Otherwise, if I were to give a name to someone who was sitting on a council, I would almost certainly use Councillor.

In any case, the Insectoid should not have the counsellor trait, because that's pretty explicitly meant for a "ship's counsellor" kind of thing, meaning a therapist-type person, as in Troi, Ezri etc.

I think the most common use in the diplomatic context down here in the US is the person who's in change of a consulate. I think it's the same for you guys; here's a list of yours in the usa: https://travel.gc.ca/assistance/embassies-consulates/united-states

Alright, that’s cool.

I think the most common use in the diplomatic context down here in the US is the person who's in change of a consulate. I think it's the same for you guys; here's a list of yours in the usa: https://travel.gc.ca/assistance/embassies-consulates/united-states

Hmm...yes I think I may have heard that once or twice, but most of the time I've heard them just referred to as a diplomat. Perhaps it's more commonly used when actually referring to the person. I've never been to a consulate though (only embassies), so never had the occasion to be introduced to "Counsellor so-and-so" (only Ambassador so-and-so).

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • MordackMordack ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

Alright, that’s cool.

Yes, it's latin originally so it's probably used in a lot of places. I would have called that person the consul, but I suppose we're getting semantic now. In EST that group of Xindi were referred to in scripts, etc, as the 'Xindi Council' - not consulate, or counsel.

Alright, that’s cool.

Yes, it's latin originally so it's probably used in a lot of places. I would have called that person the consul, but I suppose we're getting semantic now. In EST that group of Xindi were referred to in scripts, etc, as the 'Xindi Council' - not consulate, or counsel.

Yeah, I'd still refer to him as a Councillor, much like how if someone is on the City/Town Council, they're called a Councillor. Yes, he was a diplomat, but his primary function was sitting on the Xindi Council.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    If this is a Counsellor ship, where is the Ambassador!?

(sorry needed the quote)
  • Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    I'll do a single pull, maybe two if the pack is still around in a couple days. I don't have any of the 4* in that pack FF, so it's worth a shot.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    Later on though, Manny will start to have second thoughts as he'd prefer a more mandible-on role instead, so there is a chance he may end up changing his job title to Xindi Insectoid Councilor in a future server push.

FWIW, those name changes are a total pain in the **tsk tsk** to fix on the wiki, so plz don't :(.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Against my better judgment (I have all the super-rares done) I did two pulls to get the bug. First one got me Suliban Reed, the second got me the last star for Vina.
    Not pulling the tiger's tail again.
    Yeah, I bought 6 and got 2 Reeds, not insects. That FFed him so I stopped there since I would get violently ill if I kept going and pulled another Reed which would only be 550 honor.