Home Ready Room
Options

Feeling a little swamped in a sea of purples, what to do? what to do?

IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
So crew slots tightening up (again) a few blues left to Cryo and plenty of 1/4s in my roster so I am wondering at the top end whether there is anything that can be done, I fear probably not much.
Current 4* immortals
Voq, Drone 7, Buster Kincaid, Prospect Burnham, Landry, Bajoran Dukat, Mirror Sato, Celebratory Ash Tyler, Young Khan, Mirror Geordi, Grad Burnham.

My instincts tell me Mirror Sato, Young Khan and Dukat, as I find I am using them less in voyages however they are usually first team for shuttles so perhaps there isn't movement yet for them.

FF not FE
Ambassador Shras, Victorian Pulaski, Time Loop Mudd

Ambassador Shras and Victorian Pulaski might be more realistic to Cryo, although I still use Shras in shuttles too! Time Loop Mudd is a little under levelled to be of some use

Current 3 of 4s
Commando Shran, Rura Penthe Reed, Raf Bashir, Mother Hortha, Lon Suder, Rakal Troi

The tempting citations really seem to be Shran or Bashir - Shran is also used regularly for shuttles again though. Reed is used in arena and Rakal could also be used in Arena once levelled up a bit.
[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO

Comments

• Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    If crew slots are at a premium, I would take the following steps.
    1. Airlock any unleveled 3* that you're only planning to vault, starting with non FF. They're great for collections and achievements, but you'll get them again eventually.
    2. Vault any immortalized 4* that you're only using for (non event) shuttles. The shuttle mechanic will result in an equilibrium of around 66% success anyway, so keeping shuttle A team isn't worth the crew slots if space is tight. You can make do with your unfused/unleveled crew.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sato, Kahn and Buster can probably all go into deep freeze. I also froze Ash as I dont like his card much, but that's just me...

A couple of points to note is that Bashir and Shran are in the regular portal pool so odds are will show up in a voyage or two, Troi is a bit pony so no that worth keeping though does hit one of the Neutral Zone collections. Pullowski is the best SR Dip character in game so is worth leveling ihmo.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    SvenLundgrenSvenLundgren ✭✭✭✭
    Except for Jazz Musician Riker....
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • Options
    [DC] Picard Loves Reds[DC] Picard Loves Reds ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    The "Do Not Airlock" spreadsheet has been a big help to me. Not sure if the awesome owner of it has updated it for collections. See the "sticky" in the Ready Room.
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Well, Shras is among your stronger crew potentially so vaulting Sato is better idea (same skills, but Shras is so much more useful in Dip slot on Voyage and for shuttles). Mudd can replace Khan on Eng.
    Though I have to ask - FTP or Monthly? And if second - current VIP?
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    So crew slots tightening up (again) a few blues left to Cryo and plenty of 1/4s in my roster so I am wondering at the top end whether there is anything that can be done, I fear probably not much.
    Current 4* immortals
    Voq, Drone 7, Buster Kincaid, Prospect Burnham, Landry, Bajoran Dukat, Mirror Sato, Celebratory Ash Tyler, Young Khan, Mirror Geordi, Grad Burnham.

My instincts tell me Mirror Sato, Young Khan and Dukat, as I find I am using them less in voyages however they are usually first team for shuttles so perhaps there isn't movement yet for them.

FF not FE
    Ambassador Shras, Victorian Pulaski, Time Loop Mudd

Ambassador Shras and Victorian Pulaski might be more realistic to Cryo, although I still use Shras in shuttles too! Time Loop Mudd is a little under levelled to be of some use

Current 3 of 4s
    Commando Shran, Rura Penthe Reed, Raf Bashir, Mother Hortha, Lon Suder, Rakal Troi

The tempting citations really seem to be Shran or Bashir - Shran is also used regularly for shuttles again though. Reed is used in arena and Rakal could also be used in Arena once levelled up a bit.

Yeah, in your shoes, I'd freeze Sato and Khan for sure, and Buster as well. Pulaski has insane DIP so you'll want to keep her active (and get her FE soon, even though she can be a pain in the upper levels).

As far as citations, honestly I'd use them on someone who will be more useful rather than someone you can freeze immediately (unless you've got a lot of Honor saved up), in which case I'd suggest Horta or Bashir. If you just wanted to cite and cryo, though, then Shran is a good choice... he got thawed out for the Andorian mega, but other than that I have him frozen all the time. (Keep Rakal out of the equation until you've leveled her, because she will take some time and effort and severely test your patience. ;))

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    @al103 yes more or less ftp now I only bought two monthly cards and against better judgement bought 2 10x10 offers won't be making that mistake again so I only have 110 slots. I have 66k honor 50k is pegged for upcoming mega event assuming the legendary will be good for voyages etc.

Citing would only be last resort, I don't think it will come to that just yet.

Thanks for all the advice guys.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    @al103 yes more or less ftp now I only bought two monthly cards and against better judgement bought 2 10x10 offers won't be making that mistake again so I only have 110 slots. I have 66k honor 50k is pegged for upcoming mega event assuming the legendary will be good for voyages etc.

Citing would only be last resort, I don't think it will come to that just yet.

Thanks for all the advice guys.
    Ah, too late then... Both Steam offers together are best use of money for new player, including VIP = Slots... But you are a bid too old of a player to get most of them and as you don't want to spend any more...
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    My advice:

1. Cryo the following:
    Landry, Bajoran Dukat, Mirror Sato, Grad Burnham.
    They are either 2 skill only or just weak (Sato) ... sure Burnham has great base, but the hit you take in shuttles is really relatively small if you use Prospect instead of her.

2. Think about crying the following:
    Drone 7, Young Khan, Mirror Geordi.
    It all depends where you will be hit hardest, and by that I mean combo-wise for Voyages, because you won't be using these in shuttles if you crew is half decent.

3. Of your 3 FF non-FE:
    I'd freeze Mudd (see #2) and keep the other two ... they have massive base scores (and MED).

4. DO NOT cite Shran or Bashir!!! ... or Reed or Suder or Rakal Troi.
    They are all in the portal pull and I've pulled a couple from Voyages ... so, a bit of a waste.

You generally want to be citing crew that are not available through portal pulls. So, in this case only Mother Horta, after which I'd throw it right into the freezer.

As an example ... I would cite a new 4* that we pick up through Threshold rewards in Faction events, as you'll only get them 3/4 by the end of the event ... I do not buy event packs, because I'm f2p ... I buy the citation on day 1 of the event (Thursday evening) and cite the new 4* asap, who I then level asap ... this means that I'm using their 3x shuttle bonus from a very early stage (usually Friday morning already) and that is a great benefit for final ranking.

5. As for the other FF crew ... freeze as appropriate over time, the better ones are Voq and Prospect Burnham and should be last to be frozen.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    My advice:

1. Cryo the following:
    They are either 2 skill only or just weak (Sato) ... sure Burnham has great base, but the hit you take in shuttles is really relatively small if you use Prospect instead of her.

It all depends where you will be hit hardest, and by that I mean combo-wise for Voyages, because you won't be using these in shuttles if you crew is half decent.

3. Of your 3 FF non-FE:
    I'd freeze Mudd (see #2) and keep the other two ... they have massive base scores (and MED).

They are all in the portal pull and I've pulled a couple from Voyages ... so, a bit of a waste.

You generally want to be citing crew that are not available through portal pulls. So, in this case only Mother Horta, after which I'd throw it right into the freezer.

As an example ... I would cite a new 4* that we pick up through Threshold rewards in Faction events, as you'll only get them 3/4 by the end of the event ... I do not buy event packs, because I'm f2p ... I buy the citation on day 1 of the event (Thursday evening) and cite the new 4* asap, who I then level asap ... this means that I'm using their 3x shuttle bonus from a very early stage (usually Friday morning already) and that is a great benefit for final ranking.

5. As for the other FF crew ... freeze as appropriate over time, the better ones are Voq and Prospect Burnham and should be last to be frozen.

I can get behind most of this. If you have an FF’d Prospect Burnham, Graduation Burnham is a lot less necessary (I don’t and thus GradBurn is my #2 scientist in both base and combine skill). Mother Horta is already in the freezer and Young Khan just doesn’t make it into voyages or shuttles anymore, so he’s probably not far behind.

I may have to disagree on Mirror Geordi - although he may not end up on many shuttles, I use him in voyages fairly regularly and he is one of my best engineers in the gauntlet. I use him less in the gauntlet now that I have a Banjoman but if you aren’t blessed with him, Seven of Nine, Assimilated La Forge, Assimilated Torres, Tempted Data, or even a Captain Scott, Mirror Geordi should get some use there.
  • Options
    My advice:

1. Cryo the following:

3. Of your 3 FF non-FE:

I can get behind most of this. If you have an FF’d Prospect Burnham, Graduation Burnham is a lot less necessary (I don’t and thus GradBurn is my #2 scientist in both base and combine skill). Mother Horta is already in the freezer and Young Khan just doesn’t make it into voyages or shuttles anymore, so he’s probably not far behind.

I may have to disagree on Mirror Geordi - although he may not end up on many shuttles, I use him in voyages fairly regularly and he is one of my best engineers in the gauntlet. I use him less in the gauntlet now that I have a Banjoman but if you aren’t blessed with him, Seven of Nine, Assimilated La Forge, Assimilated Torres, Tempted Data, or even a Captain Scott, Mirror Geordi should get some use there.

Yes Mirror Geordi, nine times out of ten is still on my voyage crew and yes he is one of the first on my list for gauntlet, even drone 7 sometimes has use in the gauntlet. I'm not very blessed with legendary crew yet, although Moriarty dropped for me today so perhaps my luck is changing. The only reasons I keep Grad Burnham at the moment is if the skills ENG and SCI come up together in voyages and also for her base stats for shuttles.

I think Sato, Kahn and Kincaid will be my first options particularly if I have Pulaski and Shras immortalised.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    My advice:

1. Cryo the following:

3. Of your 3 FF non-FE:

You are right ... Mirror Geogrdi is pretty good ... I still have him active, but he only makes it onto ENG Voyages for me (which for some strange reason are few an far between ... I seem to have MED, CMD and DIP all the time, the other three not so much). Most of the time he sits around doing nothing (he's on the short-list to freeze). :)

I have Seven of Nine so he never gets a look in for Gauntlet.

What I'm mainly getting at is there are a bunch of options with ENG on the list and just kinda choose the best 1 or 2 and cryo the rest. I've found that I just swap in my non-FF crew for immortalised crew ... for example, I recently got a 3/4 Commander Kelby FE and I froze Tuskegee Mayweather when I did so ... Mayweather was my #2 ENG and Kelby is now my #5 for base stat. The shuttle hit is negligible as the three crew between them are 1/5s, so I just use Mirror Data or Degra on shuttles instead (Mayweather was not used in other aspects of the game).
    When I get my last star for Kelby I'll start levelling my 2/4 EV Suit Tucker to replace him. etc. etc.

Anyway, this is how I evaluate my crew ... and almost no immortalised 4*s are safe from being frozen on my crew if push comes to shove, especially if I have non-FF comparable crew.

Event Side Note
    Keep Sato out of the freezer for one more week! :)
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno if you're a spreadsheet user, @Ironagedave, but if you are, I highly recommend creating a sheet to track when you use your crew members. I started doing that around December, and it's been helpful for me to see who my go-to's are and who's been pushed aside by stronger newcomers. For instance, in March, here's what I've gotten out of some of the crew on your list:

Ambassador Shras was immortalized on the last day of February. He's my #5 base DIP (had been #4 until Victorian Pulaski) and has been used in pretty much every wave of shuttles I've sent out this month.

Mirror Geordi La Forge hasn't made it onto any shuttles, but he has been in four of my nine Gauntlets and has been in four Voyages. For context, the most-used in my Gauntlets have been Leonardo da Vinci and Sulan (six apiece), and my #1 Voyage member is Age of Sail Crusher (21 and counting!).

Young Khan used to be one of my DIP darlings. He found a second life semi-regularly appearing in my Voyage crews thanks to his ENG skill. I haven't used him at all in March, though, so he's freezer-bound next time I need space.