Home The Bridge

New Cryo Collections (to be added in the future)

edited March 2018 in The Bridge
The new cryo collections have been a hit! DB has done well with them. What cryo collections would you like added? Only 10 poll questions allowed, if you have another suggestion, post a response.

New Cryo Collections (to be added in the future) 125 votes

Such a Noble Creature - Crew with "Hero" trait (25 crew)
3%
Warlord of East[GoT] TerfinThurthoradrobownage 4 votes
Programmed in multiple techniques - crew with "Romantic" trait (62 crew)
8%
Ikrit[TLA]  84wbFutureImperfectaPinkyfirstShran Wrapbluetib[GoT] Unsober Shimoda[FF] Vice Admiral NairneTheJaneWayRyanf47Riria 11 votes
Gotta get back in Time - crew that traveled back through time (## crew)
8%
Knight RangerFor CardassiaMordack[STJ] WendelllittlestoatieKettleKornShy KhanMirror CartmanNecronjonBella_Phoenix[SJ] Yorkster 11 votes
Let's all go to the lobby - crew/variants from the trek movies (52-57 crew)
5%
ADM Fletcher [ET]nova magnusCapt J D Deveraux[DD] Kirk Induced Self DestructionZenthaneXChig[ORF] Commodore X 7 votes
What does Good need with a starship? - crew with "spiritual" trait
1%
Captain TF(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••] 2 votes
Mirror, mirror - crew with "mirror universe" trait (28 crew)
40%
uss_bonaventureSSR Barkley[DSEF] dax0rCaptain Durf[NDQ] Joker41NAM[GoT] jess-gayNiner47Jhamel William T. RikerNad Halscruffy151Jim RaynorGrumpferAuntieABakksterMidspeedHungry Dog DDMLarxeneal103p377y7h33f 50 votes
Getting pink-skins out of trouble - crew with "Andorian" trait (8 crew)
1%
SvenLundgrenDirk Gunderson 2 votes
Glory to you and your house (OR, Perhaps today is a good day to die) - crew with "Klingon" trait (57 crew)
24%
RabbRocpileCaptain LostMagisse[DB:Do Better] More Tranya!eXo | das411ehmigaJim Steele[CAB595] Emrys MyrddinPallidyne[KM] WOLF 359PlasmaAggeNeemsJean-Luc KenobiCFOHSilverknightOdo Marmarosa[STFL] TheHell2Earth[QH] Captain ZiggySunshineRiker 30 votes
Flawless technique, no soul - crew with "musician" trait (42 crew)
2%
[KM]VidembowdyEmmett K 3 votes
A very naughty one at that - crew with "scoundrel" trait (35 crew)
4%
Chief Eud{DD}rick[TUFG] Siguard[7TW] Attack EyebrowsMr. Wes Esq.[GoT] DisruptorChief 5 votes

Comments

• For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2 made me laugh, but I hadn't thought of a time travel collection, and like that idea very much
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Chief Eud{DD}rickChief Eud{DD}rick ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    "it can't get any worse than this (or can it?)--crew with desperate trait

Can you hear me now?---empath/teleapath trait

He can't save you now!--crew with villain trait
    "Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig" Lazarus Long, Time Enough for Love, R.A. Heinlein
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glory to you and your house (OR, Perhaps today is a good day to die) - crew with "Klingon" trait (57 crew)
    Today is a good day to die.. So many Klingons, a major oversight that they don't feature IMHO. Failing that Heroes and Villains, or They came from the holo deck (holograms) would get my vote if they were options
    DB: Do Better
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of them!

But the absence of Klingons is glaring.
  • IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    Programmed in multiple techniques - crew with "Romantic" trait (62 crew)
    I voted Romantic because I was going to say something about how it would be tough to define time-travel or movie crew in the game (it's easy when you can say "All crew with Romantic trait"), but then I realized that we already have a collection with crew than have no common traits: The Wild West.

Therefore, I would definitely say Time Travel and Movie crew. Another good one would be Hologram with 27 crew, though that one only have 1 2* and 1 3*. The trick would be to find collections with a decent number of 1, 2, and 3* crew. Then again, the Augment one has 2 out of 12 that are 1-3* and the Borg one has 2 out of 17.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of the above is the only real answer here. I really do like the names though, and would have voted for your Romantic collection on name alone if I didn’t want to see more Andorians so badly.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Klingons and Mirror Universe are the biggest and most obvious collections that have been overlooked.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Such a Noble Creature - Crew with "Hero" trait (25 crew)
    ChaoticDNA wrote: »
    How about - with every new mega event, a collection tied to said mega event is released?

Hmm...perhaps that's the reason for the Vulcan and Romulan collections? Vulcan would tie into the last Mega...and perhaps Romulan will tie in to the next Mega?
  • I vote for new trait, collection and replacing one of the two women's cadet days with: Bearded
    Sooooo many cool unique beards in Trek :-)
    Mirror Spock, a huge variety of Riker's whims, Bushy Beard Picard, Disco Beard McCoy, Fu Man Chu Klingons, Goatees for Humans, Klingons, Vulcans, Romulans, Bajoran Priests, and while we're at it, how about a Bearded Burnham?!? :D
  • but other than that, Klingons obviously, Heros and Villains, Holodeck, Mirror, and why not Trills? Or even specifically a Dax Collection for Jadzias and Ezris and Kurzon Odos? Dominion Domination? Mischievous Maquis? Brash Bajorans? Sportsball Players for Athletes? or maybe even Show based collections? TOS, TNG, VOY, DS9, ENT and Disco each get their own collection (this would occasionally be a nice way of sorting crew too IMHO)
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    The Klingons are obvious, they are 10% of all current characters and are major parts in all Star Trek series.

I prefer the time travel idea. Time travel has been featured in all series of Star Trek including Disco, and in four films. For me it has brought some of the better episodes of Star Trek.

Time travel also gives a lot of crew variations, Martian Quark, Time loop Mudd, Nexus Kirk, Staments, Mad McCoy (the city on the edge of forever), George and Gracie, Daniels, and Spot (shes a cat, cats time travel). DB could also cheat and include 19th c Guinan, she does not time travel, but is part of a time travel paradox.

Did I mention 19th c Guinan?, I don't remember if I mentioned 19th c Guinan or if I did not mention 19th c Guinan. If I did not mention 19th c Guinan then I will now, how about 19th c Guinan?
  • A very naughty one at that - crew with "scoundrel" trait (35 crew)
    I'd really like to see (mostly holodeck) theme-based instead of trait based collections, but the mentioned themes are a bit too broad for my taste. Some examples:

Complete
    - Our Man Bashir (Bashir, Julian Bashir, Garak, Elim Garak, Dr. Hippocrates Noah, Duchamps, Anastasia Komananov, Honey Bare Jadzia Dax, Falcon O'Brien)

Still missing some characters:
    - Niners (Niners Sisko, Niners Kira, Niners Rom, Umpire Odo + ...)
    - The Trouble with Tribbles (1701 Sisko, 1701 Jadzia Dax, Trader Odo, Trader Worf + ...)
    - Captain Proton (Captain Proton Paris, Arachnia Janeway, Dr. Chaotica, Buster Kincaid Kim, Satan's Robot, The President of Earth + ...)
    - The Big Goodbye (Tommy Gun Dixon, Detective Dixon Hill, Doc Crusher, Cyrus Redblock + ...)
    - QPid (Sheriff of Nottingham Q, Robin Hood, Friar Tuck Data, Will Scarlett, + ...)
    - Age of Sail (AoS Riker, Aos Crusher, AoS La Forge + ...)
    - Sherlock Holmes (The Professor, Detective Data, Doctor La Forge, Victorian Pulaski + ...)
    - Sainte Claire 1944 (Combat Medic Paris, GI Chakotay, Mademoiselle de Neuf, Katrine, Agent Janeway, Resistance Neelix, Colonel Karr + ...)
    Most anticipated character not in the game: Mr. Homn
  • NeemsNeems ✭✭✭
    I'd also like to see specific collections along the West lines, things like characters from Take Me Out to the Holosuite ("Death to the Opposition" perhaps?) and Our Man Bashir ("Oh, Hi Odo.")
  • Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    I picked Mirror Mirror, but I could have just as easily picked Qapla' or P'takh for a Klingon collection. That seems like an obvious one to add.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Niners looks cool, but my vote goes to Murr Murr and the Klinguns! :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • edited March 2018
    Several of them were good, liked Mirror Mirror, but voted for the Klingons and thing there should be Klingons, Romulans, Cardassians, Andorians and off course Androids, because there is a Ferenghi Collection: Rules of Acquisition, a Borg Collection: Resistance is futile and a Vulcan Collection: Live long and Prosper.
    Also, there should be Super Rare and Legendary Collections because there are Common, Uncommon and Rare collections.

In my oppinion there should be at least 7 more collections if not more, if they created Wild West Collection with just 6 possible crew members and one hit is gotten inmortalizing every time a new crew from that (hard) collection is inmortalized, the other ones I mentioned could be easily added.
  • Chief Eud{DD}rickChief Eud{DD}rick ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    How About:
    "You realize, This means war?"--ambassador/diplomat trait
    "COME ON SEVEN!'--gambler trait
    "I'll see you at Dawn!"--Duelist trait
    "Dr. Livinston, I presume?"--Explorer Trait
    "Be wery, wery quiet"--Hunter Trait
    "Where were you on the night of the 14th?"--Interrogator trait
    "BULLSEYE!"--Marksman Trait
    "Fly the friendly skies"--Pilot Trait
    "With just a knife and a rope"--Survivalist Trait
    "Spies like us"--undercover operative/spy trait
    "For every move they make, I have a counter move"--Tactician Trait
    "Just a little bit of C-4"--Saboteur Trait
    "Whiz Kids"--Prodigy Trait

"Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig" Lazarus Long, Time Enough for Love, R.A. Heinlein
  • Glory to you and your house (OR, Perhaps today is a good day to die) - crew with "Klingon" trait (57 crew)
    What about 'one hit wonders' characters (the character, not just the costume/outfit) that appear in only one episode of trek - we certainly have a few of those.
    Ardra
    Antaak
    M-113 Creature
    Mother Horta
    Laas
    Lal
    Ruk
    Yarnek
    Nurse Faith Garland
  • I prefer the time travel idea. Time travel has been featured in all series of Star Trek including Disco, and in four films.

Two things:

1. Not a big fan of time travel in the same way I’m not a big fan of the mirror universe. Interesting at first, but currently way overused.
    2. Practically speaking, what would be the threshold for whether a character is time travel or not?
    Task Force Pike: We are recruiting!

Task Force Pike/Garrett's Giants, Founder

Task Force April, Fleet Founder Emeritus

Newfie Central, Squad Founder, In Memoriam
  • Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    I mean, technically for the purposes of this game they are all time travelers.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    How About:
    "You realize, This means war?"--ambassador/diplomat trait
    "COME ON SEVEN!'--gambler trait
    "I'll see you at Dawn!"--Duelist trait
    "Dr. Livinston, I presume?"--Explorer Trait
    "Be wery, wery quiet"--Hunter Trait
    "Where were you on the night of the 14th?"--Interrogator trait
    "BULLSEYE!"--Marksman Trait
    "Fly the friendly skies"--Pilot Trait
    "With just a knife and a rope"--Survivalist Trait
    "Spies like us"--undercover operative/spy trait
    "For every move they make, I have a counter move"--Tactician Trait
    "Just a little bit of C-4"--Saboteur Trait
    "Whiz Kids"--Prodigy Trait

New Life and Civilizations is already a collection with Diplomat as its trait.
  • I'm not sure how a Klingon collection escaped the initial rollout in the first place.
    "I would have told him anything. Anything at all. But more than that, I believed that I could see...five lights."
    ~Captain Picard ST:TNG Chain of Command

Link to my list of helpful spreadsheets, websites, threads, and help for all players!

ST:TNG Crew Addition Wish List:

Mariachi Q - Déjà Q Quote - But I feel like celebrating! - Thank You!
    H.M.S. Pinafore Data - Insurrection Quote - And his fist be ever ready for a knockdown blow. - Thank You!
    Rascal Picard/Guinan - Rascals Quote - I want to see my father!
    Kivas Fajo - The Most Toys Quote - What a marvelous contradiction. A military pacifist!
    Batai - The Inner Light Quote - This tree is our symbol. Our affirmation of life.
    Irumodic Syndrome Picard - All Good Things Quote - You said it was earl grey. I'd swear it was darjeeling. - Thank You!
    B-4 - Nemesis Quote - Why do you have a shiny head? - Thank You!
    Zero G Worf - First Contact Quote - Assimilate this!
    Not saying DB will do this, but if I was running things, I'd roll out something like the Klingon collection during a pitchforks moment to turn the tide.
  • WundigoreWundigore ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure how a Klingon collection escaped the initial rollout in the first place.

Probably because there just aren't enough characters with the Klingon trait :)
  • For the record, I want collections for federation, human, and starfleet.

:: ducks ::
    Task Force Pike: We are recruiting!

Task Force Pike/Garrett's Giants, Founder

Task Force April, Fleet Founder Emeritus

Newfie Central, Squad Founder, In Memoriam
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer the time travel idea. Time travel has been featured in all series of Star Trek including Disco, and in four films.

Two things:

1. Not a big fan of time travel in the same way I’m not a big fan of the mirror universe. Interesting at first, but currently way overused.
    2. Practically speaking, what would be the threshold for whether a character is time travel or not?

1) Time travel can definitely be a crutch that is used to try and fix an otherwise bland story. At the same time, it’s produced some truly fun moments in Trek (e.g. Samuel Clemens meeting Data, Kirk and Spock riding the bus, Archer trying to drive a truck).

2) I would think any crew that has specifically done some time traveling. Temporal Agent Seven, Nexus Kirk, Recovering Spock, Commander Chekov, Gillian Taylor, and the like. If that doesn’t yield enough crew, add in guest characters from time-travel episodes (Edith Keeler, for example). There’s no easy way to sort that by trait but there wasn’t one for the Wild West collection and it would be a fun one to have.
  • [STJ] Wendell[STJ] Wendell ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Yeah I would mind more collections that are not trait specific. Like “Swing for the fences” niners kira, niners rom, umpire odo, baseball dukat, and baseball sisko. Or an “all powerful collection” could include anyone perceived as all powerful the Q’s, Ardra, and, I’m sure the are many others.
    STAR TREK JUNKIES
  • Mirror, mirror - crew with "mirror universe" trait (28 crew)
    Earthly wars for all the WWII characters (and the others that may come).

I'm sure DB knows they are lacking Klingons and Mirror and will add those in time. The addition of collections was a huge rush of resources for everyone, maybe a bit too much. They need to keep some for later. Most likely each faction will have a collection at some point.
    Admiral of the Québec Alliance Fleet. Joignez-vous à nous.
    Id like to see a collection for every Mega event trait/race --- Discovery, Andorian, Klingon, Mirror etc. Would be a nice touch and reward for doing the whole mega from end to end. And hopefully still doable for new folks coming after putting some time to collect characters in.