Home The Bridge

Turning Cadet Tuesday Rewards into Trainers + Credits instead of just Trainers: Yay or Nay? EDITED

Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2017 in The Bridge
NOTE: This post has been edited to include the suggestion from forum participators that Tuesdays should be trainers (as usual) plus credits.

Maybe this could move to the Make It So area, mods do what you see fit.
But can we supplement the trainers for Tuesday missions with something more? The majority of us have a surplus of trainers now since we still get them from shuttles - pass or fail, and we also get them in good quantity from voyages as well as some from gauntlets.

It would be more beneficial to the player base to turn Tuesday into second credit cadet challenge, but still sprinkle in the few trainers we do get. Because honestly the trainers received currently are paltry.
And since Tuesdays only use 1-2* crew, we don't have to make the credit rewards as high as those of Saturday's challenge. Maybe Normal Level can provide in the 5000-10000s, Elite Level can provide in the 10000s-20000s, and Epic Level can provide 20000s-30000s.
Seriously the credit crunch is so bad right now. But just trainers on Tuesdays and only like 1-3 of them at that, is an underwhelming reward. Credits however, are in constant demand from replicating and even just building, especially since we are getting more chrons to level and build characters from voyages.

So what do people think - yay or nay?
And if a large majority yay, can you pass this idea onto the higher-ups Shan?

<3 LGG
Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.

Comments

• DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd go for that.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huge yay on that! Everything you said is right on. I can add too that it would increase my purchases of dilithium to buy extra tickets.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huge yay on that! Everything you said is right on. I can add too that it would increase my purchases of dilithium to buy extra tickets.

Same, I don't do it always, but on a good many occasions I've bought a second set of tickets for the Saturday challenges because I need those credits.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it would be good. I keep running out of credits.
    Let’s fly!
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Same, I don't do it always, but on a good many occasions I've bought a second set of tickets for the Saturday challenges because I need those credits.

I buy 4 extra sets to give me 30 tickets. Comes to a little over 2 mil but since most things in need of replication are 5 star, one replication is 250000. Drains credits pretty fast

• I would rather have credits than trainers myself, so yay I say.
  • Why can't we have both? Wouldn't everyone then win?
    In the immortal words of Spock: "Live long and prosper"
  • Captain Q wrote: »
    Why can't we have both? Wouldn't everyone then win?

I agree with Captain Q. Why can't they adjust the payouts to include a combination of trainers and credits?

Also, I would leave Tuesday Cadet Rewards as is and instead switch either Monday, Wednesday or Friday from chronitons to credits, to balance things out.

They could structure the payouts to be something like 1 & 2* trainers + up to 5000 credits for Normal, 3 & 4* trainers + up to 7,500 credits for Elite and 5* trainers + up to 10,000 credits for Epic.

• Since voyages bring in so many rations, I'd say yay to credits all weekend as well.
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Yay, we need more credits to make the players happy. No brainer, DB. Give them what they want
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    More credits would of course be welcome, or extra honour mabye 15 for Normal 20 for Elite and 25 for Epic. 150 extra honour would be just as useful for upgrading crew via citations.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • As much as I would like to see a honor cadet challenge it will never happen. The people who spend dil would rather chase the newest shiny legend pack then pay 150 dil for a 150 honor.

And let's be honest here. Every new thing added to the game is catered to the big spenders. 20-50$ a month spenders are a minute consideration and F2P or card players are given just enough to keep playing.
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm all in favour of Credit Tuesday. It wouldn't even have to make that much difference to the game in real terms - it's only once a week, even if it's say 25k per Epic, 150k for the full six, that's not even one expensive item from a faction shop, and it won't happen again for seven days - but it would feel like a practical reward that's going to turn around and benefit my crew, even if the benefit is only a small thing in the grand scheme of things.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say a big yes. There are so many sources for trainers now that there is only briefly (in the beginning) a shortage until you have enough crew to run shuttles and voyages.
  • MordackMordack ✭✭✭
    I expect that switching it from trainers to credits would end up generating more revenue for DB as we know that credits are a bottleneck for many of the higher spending players. I expect that situation has only been exacerbated since Voyages were implemented and became an additional source of chronitons.
  • Kaitee wrote: »
    I'm all in favour of Credit Tuesday. It wouldn't even have to make that much difference to the game in real terms - it's only once a week, even if it's say 25k per Epic, 150k for the full six, that's not even one expensive item from a faction shop, and it won't happen again for seven days - but it would feel like a practical reward that's going to turn around and benefit my crew, even if the benefit is only a small thing in the grand scheme of things.

+1

Proud member of eXodus
    Join the eXo|plosion today!
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well someone's gotta be the naysayer (literally), I guess. Not that I wouldn't love more credits, but trainers is still my biggest bottleneck for now. (Though admittedly it's because I'm still I'm still in full freeze-all-the-1&2*s-mode in search of my fourth shuttle.) I will say though that even for someone in need of trainers, the Tuesday payout is very small compared to other sources now so that day's challenge does need some kind of update. Adding some credits to the existing trainer drops would be a nice touch.
  • I would be happy with basic medical experiments dropping on Tuesdays. Just those, lots of those. They kill my daily replicator allowance for certain MED folks. :)
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    I vote Yea.

Credits are tight for me now, and the piddly amount of trainers we get from the cadet missions isn't helpful at all.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • 1000 times yay. Make this happen.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    http://tenforwardloungers.freecluster.eu
  • IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    If we were to look back at what people were posting about a month ago, I don't think we'd find much noise for more credits. I realize the game economy has changed with the introduction of Voyages, but what I would ask is should we really be continually asking for established parts of the game to be modified, every time we create a new constraint because of a change in our behavior? What if a couple of months from now there is another new feature that enters the game whereby most players no longer find credits to be any issue - are you then going to ask DB to change the reward for the Tuesday cadet missions a third time (assuming this suggestion were implemented)?
  • Upping the rewards on all cadet missions would be great. I'd be inclined to offer higher chronitons one day and replace the other two EAS missions with honor and merit missions. Or something like this:

M 2* trainers
    T 2* chrons
    W 2* credits
    T 2* boosts
    F 3* chrons
    S 3* merits
    S 4* honor
  • A yes here, as well.
  • Chronitons are the lifeblood and credits you can get enough by doing the daily missions. I think we should get all 3 for each day, just adjust the mixture for each challenge. Otherwise it is nearly impossible to ff/fe more than a few 5* or 4* characters in a timely manner without spending obscene amounts of money. I have been playing for a year and don't have any ff/fe 5* and I am VIP lvl 12. I got upset and stopped spending on the game.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irial wrote: »
    If we were to look back at what people were posting about a month ago, I don't think we'd find much noise for more credits. I realize the game economy has changed with the introduction of Voyages, but what I would ask is should we really be continually asking for established parts of the game to be modified, every time we create a new constraint because of a change in our behavior? What if a couple of months from now there is another new feature that enters the game whereby most players no longer find credits to be any issue - are you then going to ask DB to change the reward for the Tuesday cadet missions a third time (assuming this suggestion were implemented)?

While I get your point, I feel most people would say Tuesday's rewards have always felt unimpressive. Credits however have often been a discussion of issue. While trainers have at times, it is not common especially with them coming in from Voyages as well as successful and even failed shuttles.

My 5* trainers are nearing 800 and I get crew to 100 a few good times a week. This week alone I've gotten First Officer Saru to 100, T'Kuvma to 100, Phoenix Cochrane to 100, Lorca to 100, Robin Hood Picard to 100, and Constable Odo to 90.

I do like what others suggested though, why not both trainers and a cash cache of credits to go with? That way, we don't really have to change anything later down the road if we find we do need those measly few trainers. Although, I doubt we will have issue with that.
  • Nay. The most gold trainers I've ever had was 200. Usually, I have closer to zero. And this is with 4 shuttles.
  • Unfortunately that will never work. DB has to submit to the idea that new players are always coming in. Between that and F2P players, training programs are ESSENTIAL to those players, and very scarce, unlike where the majority of us are at.

Now if we had 12 hour cycles on the cadet missions, and they changed daily to give us 2 different rewards, that would be something.

*** OR ***

Do like a behold:

uikk8yt4so6u.jpg
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • garnergarner ✭✭✭
    This is a really good idea, I used to hold at least 2m, now I regularly dip below 250k and have stopped checking all the stores every day.