Home The Bridge
Options

I Just Like the Game, Period

Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
I may be in an extreme minority, but I don’t put much thought into what I can complain about or think that game mistakes are the end of western civilization. I just like to play the game. Nothing is ever going to be exactly the way you want it to be. This game is fun to me. I totally enjoy playing it. I focus on that versus what can I think of that can bring me down. There is too much thought going into doom and gloom and not enough into the enjoyment it brings from playing. @Shan, @Black Pebble, please know that there is at least one person out here that looks to showing the game the love I feel it deserves. Thank you for that.

Comments

• Options
    I second this post...its a great game, with its flaws, but no person/game is perfect.
  • Options
    Overall i enjoy playing very much. Prices could be lower (or more sales) but that's typically always true!
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nurbsy wrote: »
    Yeah, it’s a great episode

d3uwkgzq0ac5.gif

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭
    Nurbsy wrote: »
    Yeah, it’s a great episode

I’m not a fan. Nor do I care much for this guy
    d6zlwxzb01cm.jpeg

But yes I enjoy STT and agree with the OP. Think there are a few people who enjoy the whine more and perhaps the game is not for them
  • Options
    I LOVE STT TOO. and my fleet. just sayin...
  • Options
    Yeah I play to play. Those who play to collect get frustrated
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Likewise. STT captures the Star Trek flair well. And it is a nice mix of card collecting and resource management spiced up with some other things. And, gosh, it is just a game, not life or death. In some postings you could get the impression the world will collapse when mistakes happen...
  • Options
    S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
    I love this game...because it’s Star Trek... but if it wasn’t, I’d never go anywhere near it...

But, it is Star Trek, and with:
    A little patience

A monthly card

A helpful fleet to guide us when we are new

The occasional splurge on the 10x 10 pull pack

Some experience building a balanced crew

Resource management (choose your fights [events])

You can experience the game to the fullest.
  • Options
    Bri wrote: »
    I love this game...because it’s Star Trek... but if it wasn’t, I’d never go anywhere near it...

But, it is Star Trek, and with:
    A little patience

A monthly card

A helpful fleet to guide us when we are new

The occasional splurge on the 10x 10 pull pack

Some experience building a balanced crew

Resource management (choose your fights [events])

You can experience the game to the fullest.

Wow... it's like staring into a mirror.

This exactly, just replace 10x 10 pack with DTC.

My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    The positivity is a nice breath of fresh air. Sure, DB makes mistakes but anyone who has played longer than a couple months has seen improvement...the cyro vault search most recently has made my playing experience much better. Far more was gained so far in 2018 than harm was caused from MirrorPicardGate & NoKlingonOrRumlanMissionsGate. Sure, DB can be criticized (politely and/or with good humor) when they fall short, but this is a living game with new events, characters and features dropping all the time. Experiencing these changes and participating in the community is part of the fun for those of us who have invested the most, be it money, time or simply emotions.
  • Options
    For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also like the game, but sometimes, that also means I will criticise. I hope that in general, it doesn't come off as nasty, because STT is really fun, I just want it to be as good as possible, and I won't hold back if I think there's a problem.

Honestly, I've played other mobile games from small devs that were less well-managed, and with a less well-run online community, so on whole I usually feel pretty positive about STT. And I'll likely continue to play it until it starts to feel stale, which I doubt will happen any time soon.

So, yeah. It's a great game, and I think DB is doing a noble job of keeping the ship afloat, and Shan and Black Pebble are awesome. If I'm being critical, it's out of love <3
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    I am one of this individuals that like this game as well. I do like that they keep adding characters that I don't remember. Sometimes I will go back and watch the star trek episod just to refresh my memory on the character profiled. This last event is a good example
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

I think that's where the difference between players comes in. For some, the game comes first and the collecting isn't as important. For others the collecting comes first and the game play isn't as important. If someone doesn't care at all about the collecting aspect of the game it makes a huge difference in how they view they game versus someone who cares greatly about the collecting aspect.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    For me the game came first and the collecting followed.

I collect because I finished the game - all episodes all stars and all factions at honoured status. At the current episode release rate of a new one every two years I either put the game down or start collecting.

But that is made tedious by the constant release of new cards and the event reward structure.

So I am left with the original choice, put the game down or continue collecting despite the frustrations.
  • Options
    Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    I don't care about collecting every character/card. I realized early on that that would be a futile endeavor. However, I do attempt to get useful versions of the characters that I really like. It does irritate me that the only Data I have after more than a year is 2* Lt. Commander Data. Or the fact that there is no widely available Guinan in the game. I played 7k rounds of gauntlet without getting her. When they removed her I was so frustrated I really considered walking away from the game. Yeah, there's Fierce Guinan, but how many people have her? What are the odds of getting those 3 dilemmas in a row to actually get her, which is the only hope a F2P has of getting her? We all love the game. We all see the potential it has to be great. If we didn't, we'd all just chuck it as soon as we got frustrated with it. We all know that with a bit of tweaking it could be so much better than it is now. When I see people raging about it, I know they love it too, otherwise they'd just quit. People don't typically rage about things they aren't passionate about.

I don't think you need them 3 in a row in one voyage. I picked up all the voyages characters randomly. I just kept making the right choice to get the characters and they showed up eventually throughout successive voyages.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

I think that's where the difference between players comes in. For some, the game comes first and the collecting isn't as important. For others, the collecting comes first and the gameplay isn't as important. If someone doesn't care at all about the collecting aspect of the game it makes a huge difference in how they view they game versus someone who cares greatly about the collecting aspect.

I used to think I had to collect most of the crew when the game started but I gave up on that about a year ago and just keep the crew I really like and delete any 1*/4* and 1*/3* I get. Nowadays I get most of my crew from event ranking and threshold rewards which gives you multiple copies of the same crew and immortalize them in a few days.
  • Options
    Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    I don't care about collecting every character/card. I realized early on that that would be a futile endeavor. However, I do attempt to get useful versions of the characters that I really like. It does irritate me that the only Data I have after more than a year is 2* Lt. Commander Data. Or the fact that there is no widely available Guinan in the game. I played 7k rounds of gauntlet without getting her. When they removed her I was so frustrated I really considered walking away from the game. Yeah, there's Fierce Guinan, but how many people have her? What are the odds of getting those 3 dilemmas in a row to actually get her, which is the only hope a F2P has of getting her? We all love the game. We all see the potential it has to be great. If we didn't, we'd all just chuck it as soon as we got frustrated with it. We all know that with a bit of tweaking it could be so much better than it is now. When I see people raging about it, I know they love it too, otherwise they'd just quit. People don't typically rage about things they aren't passionate about.

I had to quote you twice. I think you are spot on.
    Complaints happen so much because people love the game and want the most out of it at an economical way to play.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think you need them 3 in a row in one voyage. I picked up all the voyages characters randomly. I just kept making the right choice to get the characters and they showed up eventually throughout successive voyages.

You don't need them in a row, but you do need them in the same voyage. If 3 dilemmas is the best you can do without extending, then you do need them in a row. Or pay.
  • Options
    Largely agree.

I get mad about some stuff - the Mirror Picard fiasco had me livid - and have some low-level irritation about other stuff, but generally speaking the game is a lot of fun and has gotten a lot richer over the two years I've been playing it.
  • Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭

This. The idea that those who complain don't love the game is over simplistic. The passion is what drives them to be here and to want more. At the end of the day, DB isn't a perfect company, but they are also not family, they are friends at best. And friends call each other on their crap.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep its a good game and a far better game company than others I have dealt with.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    NS111111NS111111 ✭✭✭
    I'd echo this.

The only real 'issue' I have is the fact the portals haven't been updated. Not a big issue as such as I just play along - and when I get the odd behold here and there and it's a waste I don't mind because I haven't paid for it. That said - I've stopped buying 10x10 packs or anything else because it's too risky - but I have dozens of 4*s that could benefit from it from elsewhere. But minor.
  • Options
    Dralix wrote: »

You don't need them in a row, but you do need them in the same voyage. If 3 dilemmas is the best you can do without extending, then you do need them in a row. Or pay.

Because of the way my Voyages are timed I go 1 and 2 everyday. One on my first Voyage after the reset. Two on my second Voyage. They do not have to be on the same Voyage. You can go 1 dilemma, recall, 1 dilemma, recall, 1 dilemma recall and it will still count. Or any combination.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because of the way my Voyages are timed I go 1 and 2 everyday. One on my first Voyage after the reset. Two on my second Voyage. They do not have to be on the same Voyage. You can go 1 dilemma, recall, 1 dilemma, recall, 1 dilemma recall and it will still count. Or any combination.

Sounds like you're talking about the daily. We were talking about Fierce Guinan.
  • Options
    Dralix wrote: »

Sounds like you're talking about the daily. We were talking about Fierce Guinan.

Oh right. Sorry, I missed that point.
  • Options
    NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I enjoy the game overall (might be why I play it). When I first started playing, I joined a random fleet. Overall fleets didn't do much in the game yet. Once squads became a thing, it was painfully obvious the fleet I had joined was mostly inactive.

A RL buddy had his fleet toss me an invite when a space opened up. There was a night and day difference joining an active fleet. While our fleet doesn't require any socialization, people where willing to offer advice or just chat. And I actually benefited from having a squad that shared crew. I relatively quickly went from someone who might have gotten a 1/4 from a faction event to someone who can typically rank in the top 1k (500-750) in most events.

The other thing is, even though we have a fleet that doesn't require socialization, there is a "core" group that does talk frequently in game chat. Things range everywhere from game strategy, bragging (in a good way, usually cheers for someone's accomplishment), venting, Star Trek chat, and even real life stuff. I really enjoy chatting with these people (you know who you all are :) ), and this does make the game even better.

I have enjoyed watching the game evolve and hope there is more to come. A few more event types and an occasional Expedition event couldn't hurt.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Options
    If my enjoyment didn't outweigh my frustration I would stop playing. But that doesn't mean people shouldn't complain or make suggestions as to what they feel would make it more enjoyable, or a better product. That is after all how companies learn to do better and make a better product.