Home The Bridge
Options

Research Parthers - How many of these cards do you want?

Ace BoogieAce Boogie ✭✭✭
edited March 2018 in The Bridge

Research Parthers - How many of these cards do you want? 130 votes

Zero
54%
ADM Fletcher [ET]uss_bonaventureizausomesorinevAstrometricsAviTrekCaptain_Who/SSR/ Captain S'logCaptainUnderpantsSabine of AthensCloneFor CardassiaXoiikuData1001Mordackguest_7456Captain LostMagisse[DB:Do Better] More Tranya![TUFG] Siguard 71 votes
27%
RabbPeachtree Rex[KM]VidemCaptain TFMuadDave[NDQ] Joker41NAMIvanstoneKaiteescruffy151eXo | SilverRose (retired)[TLA]  84wb[CAB595] Emrys MyrddinNurbsyCrazy Leo[SSR] GTMET·§ë· For the ManyArrnox~peregrine~Drone_oneal103 36 votes
15%
ProsserJim RaynorKTzPallidyneFrankensteinRaraRacing[KF] Kapitan DobchanI will not blame the player for my mistakesK Han Solo Ng & Thank4 All DteaSiegfried SST - 9of7MonolithixNeackShy KhanPompeyMagnusMirror Cartmankapu<TGE> CliffordGogus[SJ] Yorkster 20 votes
2%
AntasilPepex82Uprising 3 votes

Comments

• Options
    Zero
    This week is an easy zero for me.

Loque’eque Sato- happy that sato got a 5* but can’t help but feel like archer got snubbed on another event. Her core dip is 7th overall. Her 2 core stats make her a poor mans Mudd.

Mutated Paris - hard to look at. Stats aren’t terrible.

Mirror Phlox- one of the best super rare in the game. Great episode. Strong core med, strong gauntlet and good for away missions. I have him but a great card if you don’t.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have Phlox.

I don't pass on event 4*'s. Even though I don't care for the art and his stats are bland, sometime in the future he might help me get a better Paris. Even if its just a re-run of The Akritirian Job.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really loved Phlox as a character, and I don’t have Mirror Phlox FF yet. So I’m really hoping to FE him during the event, and then FF him from ranked rewards.

Despite her meh stats, I do want another Hoshi on my crew. I don’t think it’s going to happen, and I’m not going to be spending $50 for her (especially because of the meh stats).

Paris’s artwork is cool in a comedic value kind of way. If he had good stats, or even some kind of sci or eng at all, I would be more interested in him.

As it is, my immortal purples & FE golds are too high in dip primaries, unfortunately.

I just can’t justify it from a gameplay perspective.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    I don't pass on event 4*'s. Even though I don't care for the art and his stats are bland, sometime in the future he might help me get a better Paris. Even if its just a re-run of The Akritirian Job.

Especially since he's main cast. Sure he'll go right in the freezer until the next Paris event, but that's what the freezer is for.
  • Options
    Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    Good chance to finish Phlox and along the way got a FF Paris. Guess I’ll FE him just because. Only got one Sato and ditched it...
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Options
    Zero
    Dralix wrote: »

Especially since he's main cast. Sure he'll go right in the freezer until the next Paris event, but that's what freezer is for.

Agreed. I'm still participating, but the question was "how many do you want" which is 0. I'll take the Paris, even though I don't want him lol
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zero
    This happens to be a busy weekend for me, so I couldn't play much anyway. Glad I have MP FF already from his last event. If Lizard P were ranked I'd have been disappointed that I might not get him.
  • Options
    For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zero
    I don't have Phlox, and theoretically I would want him, but I have enough MED gauntlet crew already and not much space.

New Hoshi sadly isn't worth the effort.

So 0.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    Ace BoogieAce Boogie ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Zero
    Dralix wrote: »

Especially since he's main cast. Sure he'll go right in the freezer until the next Paris event, but that's what freezer is for.

Agreed. I'm still participating, but the question was "how many do you want" which is 0. I'll take the Paris, even though I don't want him lol

Agreed Agreed.

Paris will come in use. I will get him 3/4 but since I’m not spending I won’t finish him.
  • Options
    RabbRabb ✭✭
    I couldn't see any use much for Mutated Paris, in every situation there were 20-30 better crew than him, and that's just counting other 4/4s and 1/5s. By my reckoning he scraped 10th best med-dip combination for voyages, but that is far too situational to keep him.

Loque'eque Sato is a little better I think, at 1/5 she does have a fairly good score for away missions and a fairly decent voyage dip-sci pair. Marginally better for shuttles than 4/4 Mutie Paris too. No loss to do without though.
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want 9

4 copies of Paris and 5 copies of Sato
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Zero
    If this was a galaxy/hybrid event I'd definitely grab Paris for future use. But since it's not, I'm HAPPILY taking the week off to work on my backlog in preparation for the upcoming mega. I have 10 open crew slots ATM and I'd like to make it 15 before the mega starts.

*EDIT* I absolutely LOVE IT when I can take a week off of events. It doesn't happen often. Almost never. I wish it happened more often honestly. They can't all be diamonds, right?
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Rabb wrote: »
    in every situation there were 20-30 better crew than him

For the Akritirian Job, there are only 3 characters better than him. All of which are FFFE 5* Kira's. Only one of those are DIP primary and that one is an Event crew.
    For They Came From The Holodeck. there are only 3 characters better than him. Two are FFFE 5* Janeways with DIP primaries, one of which is an event crew. The other is a 4* Event Character.
    For The Whole Truth, I was gonna get snarky because its a Galaxy event but as it turns out the only other DIP choice for this event is a FFFE 5* Event Character.
  • Options
    I have Phlox FF/FE, so I don't need him.

Paris is going to end up 3/4, since I'm not buying a pack this week, and I don't really care about him either way.

I'm very hopeful that I'll land a 1/5 Sato, mostly because I like the character as opposed to the (firmly mediocre) stats.
  • Options
    RabbRabb ✭✭

For the Akritirian Job, there are only 3 characters better than him. All of which are FFFE 5* Kira's. Only one of those are DIP primary and that one is an Event crew.
    For They Came From The Holodeck. there are only 3 characters better than him. Two are FFFE 5* Janeways with DIP primaries, one of which is an event crew. The other is a 4* Event Character.
    For The Whole Truth, I was gonna get snarky because its a Galaxy event but as it turns out the only other DIP choice for this event is a FFFE 5* Event Character.

Any crew is likely to have some use on events its bonus in. I consider that to be an even more tenuous reason to gain him than my rating of 10th best voyage dip-med combination. For everyday use in the 1/5 world that I and most my fleet live in, 25th best shuttle dip, 41st best dip for away missions, 41st best voyage dip, 29th best gauntlet medic is just too weak to consider spending more than a little time and basic boosts on, let alone setting an alarm for. Stat creep usually means new crew has a top 10-15 place in at least one list to justify the space, like Sato's 5th place dip for away missions. But not this guy.

But anyone that cares enough to be able to focus that well to get a crew that is 4th best for 2 events that we have seen 5 times since the game started, of course he has some minor use. If you spent dil to get the 4th copy or want to spend 18k honor to stick him in the freezer the remaining 50 weeks of the year. I will stand by my estimation he has no real use worth getting him for. I suspect most players wouldn't notice his absence any more than they did the last times those events were run.
  • Options
    Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    Zero
    Really don't care for any of them as I have Mirror Phlox.
  • Options
    MirrorMartiganMirrorMartigan ✭✭✭✭
    Zero
    I have Phlox FF, might be able to get him immortalized.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

For everyday use in the 1/5 world that I and most my fleet live in

Then you'll really want him. You won't have the strong 5* crew that some people have and you'll want to capitalize on the best 4* crew you can reasonably get. This Paris isn't good but he'll give you a chance to get better crew in a repeat event or a future event. Saying he's the XXth best DIP character is meaningless. The game changes all the time. People flipped when Ambassador K'Lehyr was released. Best 4* DIP in the game they said! And where is she now? Not the best in general and far from the best in this event. Skill multipliers matter a lot.

Most 4* crew aren't all that good. Until they are. They can sit nicely in the vault until called upon to do their job.

This event I'm not taking too seriously. I left 3 bonus crew in the fridge. If Sato was better I would try harder. My best SEC character (KalSpock) I left inside as well as a good DIP and CMD character.

Edit. I can't find the thread. Awhile back some whale put up on example of a 4000 VP shuttle with every seat filled with crew with the highest stats possible. The chance of success wasn't all that great. And then he put up one with all event and bonus crew. The success chances were much higher. This is why its important to think in context of useful event crew. In this case its a main cast character with an unusual stat profile.
  • Options
    Zero
    I'm a Paris fan....but this one's all yours.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interested in Paris, have Phlox, unsure about Sato. On the fence between tryin for top 1000 or just stopping at thresholds.
  • Options
    [KM]Videm[KM]Videm ✭✭✭
    Sato as a 5* is good, Paris stats are pure garbage and I have Phlox FFFE already
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still only have the one copy of Mirror Phlox from Process of Assimilation - Zero Hour (May 2017) ... I was recently offered a star in a behold but chose to FF someone else ... hopefully I can get three copies (2 at least would be great already) and finally immortalise him.

I'll take the Paris, but I neither like the character nor specific crew/skill set etc. ... I got a citation for him and he'll be frozen right after the event.

Not keen on Sato, because I have no need for a 2-skill 1/5 on my crew at the moment.
  • Options
    [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    Zero
    I have had Phlox FF for a long time. I’ll keep Paris just for collections but I’m not going crazy during this event to get Sato. I’m glad it isn’t 3 new crew though. Would be peachy to get reruns of some old fives to try for some extra stars but oh well.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Already have Phlox FFFE and the other 2 are just... bad.

Good for me. I have Phlox 1/4 FE, and would love to get him FF. I am aiming for a 1001-2000 place finish, which would be my best for a faction event.

I don't want a top 1000 place, because I don't want another 1/5 taking up a crew slot, who I won't level for a long time.
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got my final star on Phlox. Paris... I kind of like the idea, for comedy value (I mean we all pretend we wish 'Threshold' didn't happen, but how funny is it seeing your non-Trekkie friends' faces when you tell them about the episode where the helmsman turned into a mutant and banged the captain and they had little catfish-salamander babies?) but the hands-on-head pose kind of pushes it over into 'too ridiculous'. Hoshi's just a bit meh for me, I don't mind her but they picked the most blank-expression source photo, and I'm really not bothered that I didn't get lucky with an event pack to get her.
  • Options
    I’m more happy about fusing my hockey Paris!
    Task Force Pike: We are recruiting!

Task Force Pike/Garrett's Giants, Founder

Task Force April, Fleet Founder Emeritus

Newfie Central, Squad Founder, In Memoriam
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zero
    The stats just are not good on Paris and Sato and they dont have enough traits.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zero
    Phlox has long been immortalized for me and the others are meh. I’m still trying, though, because I run shuttles all the time and I have a lot of exobiologists.
  • Options
    Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    Zero
    Paris’s artwork is cool in a comedic value kind of way. If he had good stats, or even some kind of sci or eng at all, I would be more interested in him.

The DIP and MED stats don't really make sense - the episode has Paris involved in helping develop a warp 10 shuttlecraft suggesting SCI and ENG would be key skills. In his mutated form he was neither Diplomatic or Medical (he was a patient if anything!)