Home The Bridge
Options

4* crew can be awarded at the 4 hour mark in voyages?

Not including the voyage specific crew like Thot and Clown, I just completed "outstretched talons" at the 4 hour mark, choosing option A and was awarded Arik Soong. I didn't think 4* rewards were even possible until the 6th hour mark and even then very rarely.

Comments

• Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's happened to me once or twice.
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    It all depends on RNG. Certain dilemmas always drop 4* crew like the one where you choose between letting the station crash or destroying it to prevent a crash. So if that one comes up at the 4 hour point you'll get a 4*
  • Options
    I got Jannar at 4 hours
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    I got Jannar at 4 hours
    He's Voyage-specific.
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    It happened to me once. I don't remember the dilemma but I got a Commander Kelby at 4 hours. Too bad he was already immortalized.
  • Options
    Happened to me twice, not sure who I got.
    STAR TREK JUNKIES
  • Options
    It is valid for both voyage-specific (2-dillema) crew and normal crew. It happens rarely, but is still very much possible.
  • Options
    Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, in theory, you could be really lucky and get a 4* crew at 2hrs.

I wouldn't hold my breath for this.
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    I mean, in theory, you could be really lucky and get a 4* crew at 2hrs.

I wouldn't hold my breath for this.
    As far as I know you can't. I don't remember a single case mentioned (at least after nerf) of 4* dropping from 30-honor dilemma. And 60-honor ones appear at 4h.
  • Options
    al103 wrote: »
    As far as I know you can't. I don't remember a single case mentioned (at least after nerf) of 4* dropping from 30-honor dilemma. And 60-honor ones appear at 4h.

Whether you can or you can't, it's a supremely unlikely scenario. Getting 4* crew even after 6 hours is dicey at best. Maybe getting a 4* after 2 hours is possible, but so is getting the 5* Jackpot reward at the Dabo Wheel. Also, getting a Be-Gold on a 1x basic pull is also possible. It's nice that some people have gotten these rewards (judging by their posts), but it makes these rewards seem more likely to achieve than they actually are. Like Frank said, don't hold your breath.
    "I would have told him anything. Anything at all. But more than that, I believed that I could see...five lights."
    ~Captain Picard ST:TNG Chain of Command

Link to my list of helpful spreadsheets, websites, threads, and help for all players!

ST:TNG Crew Addition Wish List:

Mariachi Q - Déjà Q Quote - But I feel like celebrating! - Thank You!
    H.M.S. Pinafore Data - Insurrection Quote - And his fist be ever ready for a knockdown blow. - Thank You!
    Rascal Picard/Guinan - Rascals Quote - I want to see my father!
    Kivas Fajo - The Most Toys Quote - What a marvelous contradiction. A military pacifist!
    Batai - The Inner Light Quote - This tree is our symbol. Our affirmation of life.
    Irumodic Syndrome Picard - All Good Things Quote - You said it was earl grey. I'd swear it was darjeeling. - Thank You!
    B-4 - Nemesis Quote - Why do you have a shiny head? - Thank You!
    Zero G Worf - First Contact Quote - Assimilate this!
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose it does happen. I just got Dr Tolian Soran today at the 4-hour mark. I mean I already have him immortalized, but still.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had a 100 honor 4* at 4 hours, I've also had a 60 honor drop a 4* at 4 hours, but it's extremely rare.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can happen in a 60/50/3* Dilemma that can turn into a 60/50/4* one, same like a 30/30/2* can turn into a 30/30/3* ... happens, just very rarely.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if a 30/30/2* can turn into a 30/30/4*. Just with the same odds of getting a 4* in a credit pull.
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I wonder if a 30/30/2* can turn into a 30/30/4*. Just with the same odds of getting a 4* in a credit pull.
    I'm not sure that dilemmas are rarer than credit pulls. Credit pulls Be-Golds are bragged about regularly (well, once per month or two). I don't remember bragging about purple from 30/30
  • Options
    Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    5ffzfrmriag6.png

I had him drop at the 4 hr mark.

Trista
  • Options

Trista

Thot Gor is a mission specific prize of Off The Books, Part 2.
    Still, that's pretty lucky, I get a lot of part 1 dilemmas and don't see many part 2's on the same voyage.
  • Options
    Ulrikk wrote: »
    Not including the voyage specific crew like Thot and Clown, I just completed "outstretched talons" at the 4 hour mark, choosing option A and was awarded Arik Soong. I didn't think 4* rewards were even possible until the 6th hour mark and even then very rarely.

Depends on the dilemma type you get, and it's really strange that by the second dilemma you get a 4* star crew, but I am sure it can happen
  • Options
    Well..
    m1ggdtgaf3zy.png
    I got a 60/60/4*
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    KTzKTz ✭✭✭
    In the last period the voyages were nerfed, not only me but all fleet mates we have not dropped a 4* crew beyond dilemmas. Minimum journey time, 7H and the only dilemma that can have such is the 6H one, but it appears very very rare. But I think something is better than nothing no?
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    KTz wrote: »
    In the last period the voyages were nerfed, not only me but all fleet mates we have not dropped a 4* crew beyond dilemmas. Minimum journey time, 7H and the only dilemma that can have such is the 6H one, but it appears very very rare. But I think something is better than nothing no?

Weird. My longest voyage to date was 7 hours (might beat that in a few hours, though, got a sec/dip), and I’ve gotten at least one or two outside of dilemmas. Fleetmates of mine have had a lot more.
  • Options
    For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    KTz wrote: »

I've gotten a fair amount of 4*s from my 6-7hr Voyages post-nerf. Last week I got four 4* crew from a 7.5 hour Voyage.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    Hi, just to report, got a 4* at the 4 hour mark. At 2 hour mark, chose option C for Cracks in the Wall, then, at 4 hour mark, chose option B for First Author. Got Dr. Soran as a result.

• Options
    [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    I run voyages around the clock and for me at least there has been a drastic drop in fours. I used to refresh 2 or 3 times every voyage but now if I don’t get enough replicator rations or chrons by 6 hours I recall it without regard to what AM I have left, I don’t even count fours anymore as they just don’t drop as before. It’s just amazing how they seem to want the revenue streams to dry up. (dons slippers and lights the pipe) DB lets have a talk, what you “sell” isn’t real, it has zero value outside this little realm of code. Yet if you make it actually seem valuable to a majority of people they will spend REAL money to buy imaginary things for years to come. Small piles of money become large piles but large piles although nice to look at for a time dwindle quickly and become nothing. The fives stars aren’t worth $200, Honor isn’t worth $10 and eventually the schmucks will either become bored or possibly broke and you will be left with what could have been a very long lasting game that continues to make enough to pay the bills and a tidy profit. It’s Star Trek for god sakes, an ongoing franchise, the show started in the 60s and still has fans, at least pretend to show some respect to that legacy and your customers. Or just continue to overvalue, nerf and underwhelm and watch it all go poof long before it’s time.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Options
    [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    r95ifqt65quh.png

A 60 honor dilemma dropped Feezal Phlox a few weeks back. I was most excited.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know this is slightly off-topic, but in the realm of RNG that anything can happen...

8sbr9m0rxi0c.jpg
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    5ffzfrmriag6.png

Trista

I had Jannar drop at the 4 hr mark the other day but forgot to take a screenshot. Quite the pleasant surprise.
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    I had Jannar drop at the 4 hr mark the other day but forgot to take a screenshot. Quite the pleasant surprise.
    Now ready yourself to pay 50k honor because Jannar is voyage-exclusive that drops exactly once EVER.
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    al103 wrote: »
    robownage wrote: »
    Now ready yourself to pay 50k honor because Jannar is voyage-exclusive that drops exactly once EVER.

50k plus $13.33 by DB’s value of honor... That is, 54k honor. :p
  • Options
    Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    I once managed 4 4* crew on a 6 hr voyage. It was just total luck. 2 via dilemma and 2 just dropped randomly. So it can happen at the 4 hr mark.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.