Home Make It So!
Options

We need raids

So while playing other phone games I get ads for STT and they are like 80-90% ship battle scenes. For myself I know that I spend maybe 2-3 minutes a day getting in my 5 mandatory battles to get rewards, but other than that we don't do anything exciting with all these ships. I haven't played SWG in over a year, but even then the guilds had raids that were really fun. Can we get fleet wide ship battle raids at some point? It would be really fun.

Comments

• Options
    How fun would depend on how active fleet members are. I play 3 games, Guild Master in 2 and Admiral here. The 2 guilds are not full, and only have 2 or 3 active members out of 12 in each. My Fleet is full, and if I kick someone for being inactive, it fills back up in a day or 2.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Raids? Guess ur playing the wrong game. Already plenty games around where you can raid and plunder.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Obligatory post saying that this thread probably belongs in Make It So.*
  • Options
    If you want a "Trek-verse" raiding game, get the licenses and build one around leading one of the Klingon houses to Galaxy domination.

If you want a "Trek-verse" zombie game, get the licenses and build one around avoiding assimilation by the Borg.
  • Options
    They heavily imply some sort of group raids in the ads they play in other games. They show huge fleets teaming up to take down a Borg cube.

Every time I see that ad, I think to myself that’s not the same game I currently play.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could see a variety fleet missions against NPC opponents, but not PvP. It'd certainly be a nice additional use for the lovely ship models and graphics engines. I'd be just as happy to be able to fly ships around the various planetary systems and starbases in a flight simulator mode, though.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    [GoT] Gabe [GoT] Gabe ✭✭✭✭
    I am in favor of a game component where members of a fleet work together to achieve a mission goal as long as it does NOT involve stealing from other fleets hard earned assets.

Absolutely agree.

The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from Itself
    Fleet Admiral

For more info on us, check our wiki page:
    https://sttwiki.org/wiki/Fleet_Guardians_of_Tomorrow

GoT Bot server: https://discord.gg/R8QzpjW
    All are welcome to join and use the Bot.
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    What ever happened to Fleets fighting to control DS9?
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    [QH] Oxmyx wrote: »
    Raids and plundering belong in pirate games not in in Trek. There is nothing fun about stealing another players hard earned things. I quit a game i had spent some money on because they eventually allowed raiding. I could never get ahead because those who spent more stole what I built. That isn’t what Trek is about and I hope they never even think about implementing something like that.

Captain Kirk pickpocketed keys from an Ekosian corporal in 2268. (TOS: "Patterns of Force")

Em/3/Green was a master thief and a lockpick. (TAS: "The Jihad")

Shortly after the Federation takeover of Deep Space 9 in 2369, Odo accused Quark of being a thief and a gambler. Quark denied the thief accusation and added that even he were one, Odo hadn't been able to prove it for four years. (DS9: "Emissary")

Later that year, Odo called the Rakhari Croden a killer and a thief. (DS9: "Vortex")

Again that year, a Dopterian pickpocket stole several items from patrons in Quark's Bar, including Lwaxana Troi. Constable Odo later told Commander Benjamin Sisko that he knew how to handle killers and thieves, but not Lwaxana Troi. (DS9: "The Forsaken")

In the Ancient West holoprogram, Worf accused the character of Eli Hollander of being a thief, prior to his arrest. (TNG: "A Fistful of Datas")

In 2371, Quark accused his brother Rom of being a thief after Quark discovered missing items from his bar in Rom's quarters. (DS9: "Prophet Motive")

Trelos Vren once tried to break into Deep Space 9's assay office, and in 2372, tried to take up pickpocketing. (DS9: "Indiscretion")

Razka Karn was a smuggler, thief and black marketeer, with at least twelve outstanding warrants for his arrest on Cardassia as of 2372. (DS9: "Indiscretion")

Garak was skilled at pickpocketing. (DS9: "Things Past")

• Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, just to echo what's being said, because it can't be said enough: co-op fleet missions or whatever, could be fun, losing anything we've put effort into, that's a hard no.
  • Options
    No "raids" that involve losing our hard-earned resources. I can see another kind of leaderboard, with fleets fighting against each other, but not at the expense of their chrons, dil, merits, or anything else.
  • Options
    I agree with Frylock, Neither of the other games that have guild battles/wars involve loosing anything. Everything gained comes from the game. I would Dil, chrons and merits as rewards, but only from DB.
  • Options
    Some of you already seem to get this, but for the rest of you, in an MMO the term “raid” means to team up with other players to conquer an NPC objective. It does not mean “let’s go into town and kidnap wives and children”.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also play SimCity BuildIt, which a few months ago decided to implement "wars", where clubs would battle against other clubs, attacking their cities with a bunch of different disasters like Shrink Ray, Tentacle Vortex, Giant Rock Monster, etc. When this was first announced, there was a huge backlash on the forums, with people saying things like, "This isn't what this game is about! It's about building, not destroying!" But in reality, it's been a really fun addition to the game. Each club has to choose to go to war — and can do so as often as several times a week, or as infrequently as once a month — so nobody gets attacked unless your club wants to take part. (Like STT and fleets, you also can choose to not be a part of a club.) And while there is temporary destruction, after each war is over, the attacked cities return to the way they were, with nothing lost. If you win, you get lots of great loot and things like in-game cash — but even if your club loses the war, you still come away with rewards, so no matter what, you're better off than you were before.

Something based on a similar general premise would work well in STT, I think. Fleets could have the option of playing or not playing, and could be randomly assigned an opponent (or have it based on starbase level or number of players or some such). It could be attacks against the other fleet (or individual players), or it could be a "the first fleet to complete this assignment wins" sort of thing — but again, with no lasting damage for either fleet (and perhaps even no loss of resources, depending on how it's set up), and with both sides coming out of it with something, so the incentive to play would be tempting even for less-powerful fleets.

Just a thought.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    [BL] Q wrote: »
    [QH] Oxmyx wrote: »
    Raids and plundering belong in pirate games not in in Trek. There is nothing fun about stealing another players hard earned things. I quit a game i had spent some money on because they eventually allowed raiding. I could never get ahead because those who spent more stole what I built. That isn’t what Trek is about and I hope they never even think about implementing something like that.

Captain Kirk pickpocketed keys from an Ekosian corporal in 2268. (TOS: "Patterns of Force")

Em/3/Green was a master thief and a lockpick. (TAS: "The Jihad")

Shortly after the Federation takeover of Deep Space 9 in 2369, Odo accused Quark of being a thief and a gambler. Quark denied the thief accusation and added that even he were one, Odo hadn't been able to prove it for four years. (DS9: "Emissary")

Later that year, Odo called the Rakhari Croden a killer and a thief. (DS9: "Vortex")

Again that year, a Dopterian pickpocket stole several items from patrons in Quark's Bar, including Lwaxana Troi. Constable Odo later told Commander Benjamin Sisko that he knew how to handle killers and thieves, but not Lwaxana Troi. (DS9: "The Forsaken")

In the Ancient West holoprogram, Worf accused the character of Eli Hollander of being a thief, prior to his arrest. (TNG: "A Fistful of Datas")

In 2371, Quark accused his brother Rom of being a thief after Quark discovered missing items from his bar in Rom's quarters. (DS9: "Prophet Motive")

Trelos Vren once tried to break into Deep Space 9's assay office, and in 2372, tried to take up pickpocketing. (DS9: "Indiscretion")

Razka Karn was a smuggler, thief and black marketeer, with at least twelve outstanding warrants for his arrest on Cardassia as of 2372. (DS9: "Indiscretion")

Garak was skilled at pickpocketing. (DS9: "Things Past")

Exceptions so clearly infrequent enough to prove the rule.
  • Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm good with fleet battles, control ds9 , capture the flag or whatever so long as the rewards are from the system and not other players supplies / Inventory.

If it robbed from other players inventory, I'd likely take a week to burn my profile to the ground then delete my account.

(Whhhyy burn it to the ground ?
    .. So I can't be pecked at after death or used as a template/bot or whatever)
  • Options
    I'm not interested in stealing other fleets items. I was talking about working together as a fleet to take down an objective, like some folks have mentioned.
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fleets generally have some people who are inactive and some who are on opposite sides of the world, so in different time zones, online at different times.

Any thoughts on how it would work?
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds horrific

It absolutely does sound horrific! What about those of us without a fleet? I would be a sitting duck. I love this game but if I constantly lost things I’ve spent time and money on I would quit within a few days.
  • Options
    I think something like ‘a borg cube attacks the starbase’ scenario would be fun... each fleet would have its own NPC cube to fight... each player could engage in a ship battle with it and do cumulative damage with other fleet members... with a ticket system (of course you can buy more with dil) , and the total cumulative damage dealt wins everone in the fleet loot based on passing certain damage thresholds... something that could last a week before scores are tallied... maybe with extra prizes for top fleets...
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad. Run, don't walk, to Quark's Holosuite!

Immortalized: 140 x 5*, 221 x 4*, 74 x 3*, 47 x 2*, 27 x 1*
  • Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Sounds horrific

It absolutely does sound horrific! What about those of us without a fleet? I would be a sitting duck. I love this game but if I constantly lost things I’ve spent time and money on I would quit within a few days.

Seriously, I know this is a forum, so nobody bothers to read (or listen to) other people’s posts, but I’ll say it again: nobody is saying “steal other people’s stuff”. The term “raid” means players team up to accomplish a quest together. Y’all ever play World of Warcraft before? SWTOR? Any MMO at all?
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Old Benn wrote: »
    Sounds horrific

Seriously, I know this is a forum, so nobody bothers to read (or listen to) other people’s posts, but I’ll say it again: nobody is saying “steal other people’s stuff”. The term “raid” means players team up to accomplish a quest together. Y’all ever play World of Warcraft before? SWTOR? Any MMO at all?

you mean like Evony or other MMOs where you do hit another alliance/player and take their resources? Yeah I've played a few.

So without clarification there is an implication that your suggestion would be PVP, mostly due to

1) This game is very PVP driven in many ways
    2) It was not specified that it would not be, so that could be assumed either way for or against.
    3) There are other games where it is PVP, despite your assumptions that all games using the phrase raid are all PVE.

• Options
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Sounds horrific

you mean like Evony or other MMOs where you do hit another alliance/player and take their resources? Yeah I've played a few.

So without clarification there is an implication that your suggestion would be PVP, mostly due to

2) It was not specified that it would not be, so that could be assumed either way for or against.
    3) There are other games where it is PVP, despite your assumptions that all games using the phrase raid are all PVE.

Touché. You are correct that there are games where you steal each other’s stuff. But the original meaning of “raid” was PVE, so that’s what I assume the original posted meant. (It wasn’t my suggestion.)
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds horrific

No I have not. This is the only game I play and I wouldn’t be playing it if it was t Star Trek. Sorry man, I’m not a multifaceted geek

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Sounds horrific

Unnecessary comment removed. ~Shan