Home The Bridge

What’s your stance on the Spring Celebratory Offer?

S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
edited March 2018 in The Bridge
We get Klingon Bride Jadzia, General Chang and Amabassador Sarek up for grabs at 50% discount...

What’s your stance on the Spring Celebratory Offer? 141 votes

It’s great to finally get another sale
36%
ADM Fletcher [ET]JeanLucKirk[KM]VidemCaptain TFWaldoMagSabine of AthensFor Cardassia[GoT] jess-gayDpmt{SST} Captain Magenta BorealisCaptain Sisko [AA]KaiteeNeos472[QH] He-Who-MeowsZann Calcore (ISA)Endgame BluesJim SteeleCapt AjammPallidyne[SSR] GTMET 52 votes
Useful and I will purchase it
29%
uss_bonaventureeXo|cuzspicyKnight RangerMordack[TUFG] Siguardscruffy151[QH] OxmyxAlthea Biermont[DB - Do Better]   ProwlerCommander Sinclair[10F] NewtonianQBallsBrunt, FCAPhotonKimkoba(10F)GeekgirlSSR Benjamin FarrelbowdyThe Great GornholioGandozer {SoS}cmdrworf 42 votes
Underwhelming and I won’t purchase it because the crew are weak
21%
AviTrekCaptain_WhoTongo RadGeneral McDuckNS111111barrydancer[SJ] Admiral AkiMidspeedVice Admiral StarfishHungry Dog DDMBeratis Kesla RedjacOdo Marmarosa[FF] Frylock IBOL17MirrorMartigansexy_lady[Deleted User]LeadHead[DB:LOL] eXo | KurrostanzaCaptain CrouchyCranky (SC) 31 votes
A terrible choice of crew to put in a sale,
7%
Captain Durf[NDQ] Joker41NAMRoadrunner {SG-66}Shran WrapK Han Solo Ng & Thank4 All Dtea[TUFG] Captain ZlogTP do better!! ~Colli~ (PoF)Capt. Pete OwenWhovian007TrepanatorFleet Adm JP 11 votes
I’m offended (boohoo)
3%
RNGeverythingAgge[Retired] BeamMeUpScottieGerryatricsDark Matter 5 votes

Comments

• S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
    I’m of the stance that I was hoping for a decent purchase, but this selection isn’t worthy of spending any money on. I’ll wait for something worthwhile
  • MirrorMartiganMirrorMartigan ✭✭✭✭
    Originally I was going to purchase, but decided see against after talking with my fleet mates. Bride Dax and Chang are in the pool of regular pulls and my Mark Leonard Sarek is already 3/4 level 90. Odds of getting honor garbage are quite high. Not worth $25 imo.
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    In light of the fact that it is a celebration of Terry Farrell's actual wedding to Adam Nimoy, and they did it on Leonard Nimoy's birthday, I am all in.

I also had both of the Legendaries at 1/5 so it was great to get them boosted. Klingon Bride Jadzia has really good traits for Voyages, and whilst she isn't a top 10 character, she is a top 50 character and her Science is very useful.

I airlock most SRs these days anyway, so airlocking a load of Sareks was no skin off my nose. I thought it was a good deal, well timed.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldnt say its a great deal, but its nice to see some alternative offers. This is the same price as the DYC offer but with more useful stuff with it (chronotrons, boosts and credits).

Im still not buying, but Its nice to see alternative offers to the worst chance packs.

DB: Do Better
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I like the deal. I love the character. If I didn't have FF, I'd have got it hands down.
    But hey, I love other folks getting her.
    (My wedding vows contained some of the Sirellas words as seen on screen...)
  • EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    It's a nice offer and if I was a rich person and had money to throw away on a game, I'd have bought it.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thurthorad wrote: »
    In light of the fact that it is a celebration of Terry Farrell's actual wedding to Adam Nimoy, and they did it on Leonard Nimoy's birthday, I am all in.
    That's pretty neat; I didn't make the connection at all.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea. I would seriously consider it, but first they need crew space. I have a dozen unopened premium portals already. Also how many VIP points come with the offer; it may be enough to bump up my crew spots.
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its 1500 VIP points with this offer
    I like the idea. I would seriously consider it, but first they need crew space. I have a dozen unopened premium portals already. Also how many VIP points come with the offer; it may be enough to bump up my crew spots.

• I think it's a great offer. If I didn't have everyone fully fused, I'd go for it.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the offer, in theory. I'm not going for it, but if I were inclined to spend money, it'd be on something like this.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's not a bad offer just not the one I'm looking for really
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • I’m offended (boohoo)
    I'm F2P player. I'm not interested in any offer.
  • Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    It was very kind to me which is very much not always the case.
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • It’s great to finally get another sale
    Had Jadzilla at 2/5... the 5 pulls plus 4 extra dil ones netted me a 5/5 Jadzilla and 4th star for Ambassador Troi... 2 Changs out the airlock (already FF)... overall very pleased...
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad. Run, don't walk, to Quark's Holosuite!

Immortalized: 140 x 5*, 221 x 4*, 74 x 3*, 47 x 2*, 27 x 1*
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    I am torn between two on the choices. I like Jadzia but this is not the best legendary card around and I had Sarek completed so the characters were the only thing stopping this from being an instant buy.

However, in the end I did buy because I think this is a great price point for the deal and I would buy more often at this price.
  • MordackMordack ✭✭✭
    That's the only version of Jadzia I don't have yet, so I expect I will purchase the offer after pay day.
  • Underwhelming and I won’t purchase it because the crew are weak
    While I love Jadzia Dax, and the Klingon Bride avatar is the only one I don't have, and she's half price for a 5*, I simply can't bring myself to jump at this offer. Her stats aren't great, nor are those for General Chang (a character I also love), and I've already got Ambassador Sarek immortalised (so the 5 10x Genesis packs aren't tempting). Even the extra chrons aren't persuading me.
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think "weak" is the right term. While I'd love another star for Jadzia, I don't want another five copies of Sarek. Instead I bought a dil offer and opened some regular primium packs, got third star for Mirror Worf, first Warship Janeway, last star for Civil War Worf and Falcon O'Brien. Think I made the right choice there.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I didn't have Amb. Sarek immortalized, I might have done this one. It's a great sale, and kudos to DB for having any sales with a guaranteed legendary.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s good to get more variety of offers. I didn’t have any Jadzias, so $25 did one garaunteed, chance for more, 5 pulls of honor, and the extra stuff was a great deal. So all in all, 2 Jadzias and 4000 honor, Plus the extras was what I ended up with. I’m very satisfied
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I like that they're trying different things (this offer, the way they did crew offers during the last event...) and hope they keep doing that.
  • Useful and I will purchase it
    It's good. I dont' want my sexy-symbionts collection to be incomplete :P
  • Useful and I will purchase it
    I'll almost certainly buy it even though I have Sarek immortalised, because I've been after the character for a while. Had it been Honey Bear, I would've bought it instantly!
    This is a good offer.

To sell more, make the packs consist of 1 or 2 existing legendary characters with 1 or 2 new or voyage-only super rares as this would
    1. Eliminates barrier for those with lots of FFFE purples.
    2. Adds the enticement of a new SR card to all players (old and new).
    3. Includes the benefit of either a new legendary or stars added to one.

The Chrons, Credits and Boosts are just icing on the cake.
    Captain Bubble Bobble
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weak isn't quite the right word (though they're not exceptionally strong either). I like the idea, but with the value of honor (I can't count that low) and the chance of actually pulling 5*s, the risk/reward just isn't enough to justify the spend.
    Of my 5 packs, I got 2 more stars on Jadzia, my first star on Chang and 2 Sarek (already FFFE). On on of the Sarek packs I got a 2nd star for Miral Torrez. So I did well, Honor gave me enough for a second star for Zek for this weekend.
    I bought the offer, and between the guaranteed Jadzia and the five packs, I got my Jadzia to 3/5 (pulled one more in the first pack), received my first Chang 1/5, and received an instant Lt. Cmd. Dax that brought mine to 2/5.

I would love to see more of these in the future. For $24.99 USD, you get one guaranteed 5*, which is the same as buying a second crew offer, minus the equipment and Trainers, plus the 500,000 Credits, 1,000 Chrons, five Premium boost packs, and five of the event packs. Definitely worth the price even if you just get Honor and Replicator fodder in those event packs.
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista
  • Other. It's not really all that great of a 'sale'.
    [DCC] bebe
    Privileged to be Admiral of the Great Fleet
    Dilithium Causes Cancer, maxed Starbase level 134
    Featuring photonic flee free holodecks and
    All you can drink Neelix's Even Better Than Coffee Substitute!
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I purchased. Not disappointed. But surprised at how KB Jadzia 4FFE. did not make my voyages.

I also wanted to get a 2nd Ambassador Sarek. I did and FFFE him. Then I looked at Sarek (discovery) and realized same traits but better at all except SCI and realized a 2nd Ambassador Sarek may be of no use on the upcoming megaevent.

Oh well, still all my crew are FE in main account. And I am doing dupes of superrares now. So he is only taking storage in cryo, which is no problem.
    And, if he can be useful I will have him to use.

I have been able to keep up with keeping my crew FE with any new crew I get. So if I can get 4* 4F dupe, I might as well immortalize them and freeze them.
    Right now I have two dupes I have gotten 3F. (I had a backlog of portal pulls waiting for update) But if I do not get final star on them I might have to airlock them. One is sitting at level 1 the other I just leveled to 10 for daily achievement.