2»

Comments

• 20 piece = 15000 dil
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    p377y7h33f wrote: »
    20 piece = 15000 dil

Ha! But 650 dil for 5 nuggets, a super rare nugget and 4 packs of ketchup

It's still there at 15K because people still buy it.......

Pretty sure it's there at 15k for the purpose of making other offers appear less ridiculous.

Put it out there as a poll. Have you ever bought a 15000 dilithium legdndaty from the faction store?

• Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    [BL] Q wrote: »
    It doesn’t take much to make people abandon the pitchforks my only wish was they implemented changes before it escalates into hyperbole and pitchforks.

It also doesn't take much for people to reach for the pitchforks, some of the recent reactions to admitted mistakes have been crazy.

Some of the best are the keyboard lawyers who threaten to sue DB because they have a complaint that wasn't settled to their satisfaction within 30 minutes!

DB drop the ball occasionally, but they are generally pretty good at compensation when they do (which to be fair isn't hard as what they are giving away costs them nothing - it is just adding a number on a screen somewhere). I have played another on-line game where the game was down for almost a day and the company involved didn't even send round an internal message saying "Our bad" let alone give compensation.

Timelines is one of the few mobile games that has actually captured my attention for more than a few weeks, and I like the fact that the team are constantly adding functionality to improve it. Yes, they drop the ball from time to time but there are few companies which haven't.
  • It's still there at 15K because people still buy it.......

Pretty sure it's there at 15k for the purpose of making other offers appear less ridiculous.

Yep, it's a pretty old sales trick. That doesn't mean they're excluding the possibility of an occasional sucker actually paying $6.19 for a 20 piece, while looking straight at the $1.69 per 10 piece price though.
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fully support the premise that the prices in this game are too high, but that's hardly the "main" problem around here. After all, you can play quite well and get plenty of enjoyment without spending at all. There's lots of other issues that I'd place way above the price point, and they generally center around the game getting somewhat stale once you reach a certain degree of power.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magisse wrote: »
    I fully support the premise that the prices in this game are too high, but that's hardly the "main" problem around here. After all, you can play quite well and get plenty of enjoyment without spending at all. There's lots of other issues that I'd place way above the price point, and they generally center around the game getting somewhat stale once you reach a certain degree of power.

Such as when I start to skip Events to conserve resources, because the cards will go straight into the freezer? If so, I have arrived at said degree, and yes, I am aware of the Collections achievements. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • "... Never have so many tried so hard to collect so many characters that went straight to the freezer without ever being touched again."

Timelines is a state of mind for people who can never be fulfilled.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

Such as when I start to skip Events to conserve resources, because the cards will go straight into the freezer? If so, I have arrived at said degree, and yes, I am aware of the Collections achievements. 🖖🏻

If I skipped events than the game would be truly stale. You'll eventually get to a point where resource conservation is a pointless endeavour. The only reason I pre-farm instead of hording chrons is it at least gives me something to do with my resources.

Between events I play the "I hope Voyages give me something cool" game. Hopefully, I get something nifty. I got Lily Sloane yesterday! Only one more and I can consider leveling her.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »

If I skipped events than the game would be truly stale. You'll eventually get to a point where resource conservation is a pointless endeavour. The only reason I pre-farm instead of hording chrons is it at least gives me something to do with my resources.

Between events I play the "I hope Voyages give me something cool" game. Hopefully, I get something nifty. I got Lily Sloane yesterday! Only one more and I can consider leveling her.

I play that game too! Also, I am mainly conserving for the upcoming Mega-Event, not because I am tired of events in general. But Galaxy + cryo = pass, for me this week anyway.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
    I’m there as well. During the week I try to beat my personal best for longest voyage while saving resources for events. Then I only play a few. Like this week. I thought Grand Nagus Zek was an idiot on the show so I have no interest. Onward I save til the next galaxy where the 5* crew is someone I seek. By the time that happens I have tens of thousands of chronitons or hundreds of time boosts for factions
  • yes please fix this issue and it would not hurt to reimburse folks who in the past supported ! thanks for listening