Home The Bridge
Options

Have You Ever Bought the 15000 Dilithium Legendary From the Faction Store?

Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2018 in The Bridge
As the title implies......

Have You Ever Bought the 15000 Dilithium Legendary From the Faction Store? 225 votes

Yes
1%
Captain Sisko [AA]eXo | SilverRose (retired)Frank?Gogus 4 votes
No
98%
RabbWarrior Willouss_bonaventureMikewastaken[7TW] UnkieBizausomesorinevJeanLucKirk[DC] PrincipiaPeachtree RexAmphistaffCaptain_Who/SSR/ Captain S'logCaptainUnderpants[DDF] Marge GundersonCaptain TFWaldoMagSabine of AthensCaptain DurfCanAus Todd 221 votes

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I would if one of two characters appeared. So far they have not.
  • Options
    No
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I would if one of two characters appeared. So far they have not.

Let me guess...Locutus of Borg and First Officer Burnham?
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    That's a hard no. I feel like, maybe, once, I'd burn that much dilithium, if it were one character who was available nowhere else, as kind of a status symbol, like a more gruelling version of the 100k honour hall character. But they'd have to be really good.

For anyone who might, however long the odds are, just show up in a random behold one day, no way, I'll take my chances. I kind of wonder if the point of the 15k Dil price tag isn't so much to be bought as just to set the bar really high in our heads, so when one shows up in a portal pull, or you work hard at an event and get them, it's yay, I got a gold without having to pay 15k. Maybe I'm overthinking it.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I guess I get a little carried away with the shiny gold card. I am too impatient to wait for 20000 gauntlet rounds and I feel you could pull packs for months and not get the one you really want. I was thirsty for Nachayev. It took about a year and a half to get one then in a few months I had 5. It seems in that rare instance you can make an argument for that saving you money, if you would spend money to get a specific card in the first place
  • Options
    No
    I guess I get a little carried away with the shiny gold card. I am too impatient to wait for 20000 gauntlet rounds and I feel you could pull packs for months and not get the one you really want. I was thirsty for Nachayev. It took about a year and a half to get one then in a few months I had 5. It seems in that rare instance you can make an argument for that saving you money, if you would spend money to get a specific card in the first place

So was i right?
  • Options
    No. Never.
  • Options
    [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    No
    There are some bad things to waste money on in this game but that one is the most asinine. It is one thing to drop $25 on a second star or a half price offer for a five but the “value” attributed to the faction five just screams greed and stupidity.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

So was i right?

Yes you were. I guess I can be a little repetitive. I would understand if that is annoying and I apologize

• Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    No
    Never ever ever would I ever even if I won the flipping Power Ball lottery.
    That's like, 23 pulls at a 650 portal.
    I think I'd rather just take my chances that way if I wanted a character bad enough and if I didn't get said character after 23 chances when they appear in a special portal well im just not supposed to have it and will settle for the rest of whatever I happened to pull which would likely be worth way more anyways

15,000 for 1/5
    Hahahahhha no.
    15,000 for a 5/5 no
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I do not have any idea why they decided on the figure of 15000 dil. It would seem to me that 10000 dil. Would be a high price to pay but at least more realistic price.

I actually think now that honor is around. That this price needs to come down to probably half of what it is. 7500 dil. Should be the current price for the faction store legendary. I do not know if that would draw a lot of interest or not.

For me I hardly ever will spend $25 on a legendary. I have on megaevent legendary. But I am thinking of using honor on the next megaevent.

So I would only be tempted at 2500 dil. and I still would most likely pass.

I think it would be more interesting to know how many crew were sold at 15000 dil.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    No

So was i right?

Yes you were. I guess I can be a little repetitive. I would understand if that is annoying and I apologize

Well you did post that message 2 times lol so yes you were repetitive with that message :wink: but wanting Burnham and Locutus, well, you should've seen the rants i had about never getting Locutus, they were quite...long lol so i totally understand and i dont find it annoying at all!!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

So was i right?

Well you did post that message 2 times lol so yes you were repetitive with that message :wink: but wanting Burnham and Locutus, well, you should've seen the rants i had about never getting Locutus, they were quite...long lol so i totally understand and i dont find it annoying at all!!

Thanks man. Of course I land Guinans and Caretakers right when they get introduced but Locutus? I question his existence for a while

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

So was i right?

Thanks man. Of course I land Guinans and Caretakers right when they get introduced but Locutus? I question his existence for a while

And I did see the posts. I am the poster formerly known as Enterprise Was Best so I’ve been around for a while

• Options
    edited March 2018
    No

So was i right?

And I did see the posts. I am the poster formerly known as Enterprise Was Best so I’ve been around for a while

They were long posts huh? Im just glad i finally nabbed him, you will too one day, both Burnham and Locutus!!
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    God No!! I have spent on this game but the faction store prices are crazy!

I have only bought rare cards from the faction store when they are ones I don't have (e.g. Jazz Riker) or are needed to vault them

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    No
    The only thing I buy is the 50, 250 merit if it s not those it's just a rip off, those are decent trades for chronitons imo, but 15k (5 monthly cards for a gold) i'd take my chances on the 10x pull or an honor pull, would be a) quicker and b) cheaper.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I did buy a 4 for 1500 though to fuse....
  • Options
    No
    Never had that much dil.
  • Options
    No
    Price is way beyond outrageous
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    Quit GameQuit Game ✭✭✭
    No
    The only thing worth buying in the faction store is the actual faction transmissions (and only for merits). Everything else is a waste of resources. All the crew prices are ridiculously high to even consider them. The faction exclusive items rarely appear in the faction store and even when they do, you can replicate the exact same item for less credits than what you would have to pay in the faction store. And now when even if you are f2p, you can replicate 4x per day (if you are part of any decent fleet), the store has become totally obsolete.
  • Options
    No
    No, if I just wanted to dump 15k dilithium I would probably just buy 23 packs
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    The only thing worth buying in the faction store is the actual faction transmissions (and only for merits). Everything else is a waste of resources. All the crew prices are ridiculously high to even consider them. The faction exclusive items rarely appear in the faction store and even when they do, you can replicate the exact same item for less credits than what you would have to pay in the faction store. And now when even if you are f2p, you can replicate 4x per day (if you are part of any decent fleet), the store has become totally obsolete.

I disagree on the items, for credits yes, but I purchase faction only items for merits all the time.. .Yeah I replicate some, but it saves me a replication or an ad warp if I can get a 3* Polyalloy, or casing or some such. Also Latinum can't be replicated, so I buy the 3 star periodically when available.... again for merits.
  • Options
    MordackMordack ✭✭✭
    No
    Gib wrote: »
    Never had that much dil.

Me neither.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Being that it would be around US$175-$200 REAL MONEY, no freakin' way, not ever! No single 1/5 would be worth that.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    No
    It depends on where you are in your spending... for those of us who have whaled it up, it can be a viable option... if you have a lot of the regular portal legendaries fused, the only realistic way of quickly fusing is either event or featured legendary packs... if you want something in the regular portal, the chances of drawing it are very slim, unlikely in the 23 pulls that you get for 15000 dil... timed right, you can get the DYC offer to trigger... so 2/5 for 175 (at VIP 14)... how many regular pulls do you have to do to get two copies of the specific legendary you want?
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad. Run, don't walk, to Quark's Holosuite!

Immortalized: 140 x 5*, 221 x 4*, 74 x 3*, 47 x 2*, 27 x 1*
  • Options
    Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    No
    A single star character? The offer is only there for you to realize you’ve not yet lost your mind...
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Options
    No
    @eXo | Frank Just out of curiosity who did you buy?
  • Options
    No
    Heck no.

But I did buy Seven when she was accidentally 1500 for a few minutes. Heh. :p
  • Options
    Yes
    Ah, I guess Frank and I are in a class of our own then.... daisy whoops.

Yep, I bought Grillka as she was, at one point, the only character I hadn't collected in the game. I am no longer at that point.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!