Home The Bridge

Proceeding to panic

Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
So I had a 3/5 Lv. 100 Agent Janeway, and poof now I have no idea where she is.
I was levelling her toward the beginning of this year, but I haven't touched levelling her final items.
And now in prep for the event, I was going to finish off her last items but she's just gone.

I can't even say when she disappeared since I haven't been actively looking after her until now.
Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.

Comments

• SvenLundgrenSvenLundgren ✭✭✭✭
    Time for a ticket with support.
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    This isn't the first time I've heard of this.

Definitely submit a ticket.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    The annoying thing I'm afraid of happening is being told to provide photo documentation, like I don't take photos of all 200 some odd active crew I have. And I shouldn't have to do that for this game, I should be able to trust that the servers will be able to properly store and maintain my crew/achievements etc. Also like I said, I don't know when she even vanished, I haven't worked on her in 2 or more months now.

Filing a ticket though.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
  • Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭
    Do you have a second account that she could be on?
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Something similar happened to me once. I pulled a copy of 1701 Dax from the portal, but then she wasn't in my crew (even tho everything else from the same portal pack was there)... I was planning a ticket for later but after restarting my game a few times... There she was! No idea. Just strange. :p

No I only have one account.
    I did get a new phone earlier this month, do you think that might have had something to do with it?
  • Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure how it would. If the game was self-contained on your phone, then quite probably something went kaka. But with our data being on DB's servers, as long as you linked back to your account fine, and everything else was A1, Janeway should have been too.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
    I'm not sure how it would. If the game was self-contained on your phone, then quite probably something went kaka. But with our data being on DB's servers, as long as you linked back to your account fine, and everything else was A1, Janeway should have been too.

To my knowledge, nothing else was lost and my linkage worked just fine.
  • Wouldn't you have noticed a sudden gain of a crew slot of a crew member was deleted?

I'm not sure if I would notice.
    "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that"
  • This happened to me a while back with Mirror Ezri, I had her around level 50ish and when I went to continue working on her she was no where to be found. I contacted support and they could see that she was dismissed about 2 months earlier, they restored her back to my crew no worries. I am guessing I accidentally dismissed her at some point without noticing.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could it be possible you dismissed her accidentally after opening a bunch of packs? I always pay close attention because as you dismiss people the crew members get shuffled around from slot to slot
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Delphi1 wrote: »
    This happened to me a while back with Mirror Ezri, I had her around level 50ish and when I went to continue working on her she was no where to be found. I contacted support and they could see that she was dismissed about 2 months earlier, they restored her back to my crew no worries. I am guessing I accidentally dismissed her at some point without noticing.

I had a similar situation where I noticed a missing North Star Archer, and CS indeed provided a record that I had accidently dismissed him a week prior, timestamped and everything. The metadata exists for crew dismissals and likely for crew aquisitions & fusions as well.
    I mean I honestly can't imagine I'd have dismissed her especially since I got her to 100. It's possible, but I would feel ashamed of myself if I had that much of an absent-minded moment.
  • edited March 2018

No I only have one account.
    I did get a new phone earlier this month, do you think that might have had something to do with it?

Not possible as the game is server based not client based. CS will hopefully find a record of your Janeway SOMEWHERE, it may take a while since you say you havent touched her in over 3 months so...i dont envy your CS reps job atm!! Then again, i never envy the CS reps jobs, ever...all the flack they gotta deal with, yikes!!!
  • Data1001 wrote: »
    I'm so nervous about dismissing crew, especially after hearing stories like this (not that this is necessarily what happened in your case). But as Banjo1012 stated, it's a bit annoying the way that they jump around when you're dismissing them. I've taken to sorting by level instead of the default sorting whenever I'm dismissing a bunch at a time, so at least they don't suddenly jump to one of the crew you've got sitting at the top of your sort. And then I'll often double-check the crew in the "Reenlistment" area, just to be sure I didn't do something stupid. ;)

Anyway, hope you get it sorted.

I once had my 2/3 lvl Mirror Smiley O'O'Brien dismissed accidentally, i knew when i went to the arena and my Shield booster was no where in sight, found out i had dismissed him with all the crew i had gotten in a 10 for 10 offer, CS refunded me ASAP. Hope this issue is resolved just as easily!
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    I'm so nervous about dismissing crew, especially after hearing stories like this (not that this is necessarily what happened in your case). But as Banjo1012 stated, it's a bit annoying the way that they jump around when you're dismissing them. I've taken to sorting by level instead of the default sorting whenever I'm dismissing a bunch at a time, so at least they don't suddenly jump to one of the crew you've got sitting at the top of your sort. And then I'll often double-check the crew in the "Reenlistment" area, just to be sure I didn't do something stupid. ;)

That’s a good idea. I’m going to do that going forward
  • I mean I honestly can't imagine I'd have dismissed her especially since I got her to 100. It's possible, but I would feel ashamed of myself if I had that much of an absent-minded moment.

My Lady, there have been multiple reports of crew vanishing like this within our fleet, so you're not crazy or alone in this. As Jesus said above, CS can dig up a record of your Janeway in their logs, so hopefully they'll resolve this for you quickly.
    Data1001 wrote: »

That's how I always dismiss though. I sort by level since anyone I want to dismiss is going to be a newly gained crew member and level 1.
  • I mean I honestly can't imagine I'd have dismissed her especially since I got her to 100. It's possible, but I would feel ashamed of myself if I had that much of an absent-minded moment.

My Lady, there have been multiple reports of crew vanishing like this within our fleet, so you're not crazy or alone in this. As Jesus said above, CS can dig up a record of your Janeway in their logs, so hopefully they'll resolve this for you quickly.

They see ALL!!! PS glad you found your missing Janeway Lady GG!!
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    mkabd1ifb6lq.png

Panic over, she has...reappeared.

Maybe she went out for a French lunch? And looks like I did equip all her items.
    Whew, that was very unsettling.

Perhaps she found her missing items while out on her French lunch? (:
  • edited March 2018
    mkabd1ifb6lq.png

Maybe she went out for a French lunch? And looks like I did equip all her items.

Or maybe she stepped out for a super secret Section 31 meeting...because even in the 19th century Section 31 was around... :grey_question::grey_question::grey_question::grey_question: still dont understand how she can be using an 'ancient' weapon and DB give her the Section 31 trait. I mean youve got 23rd Century Martok, but a Starfleet Captain, in the 19th century, with Section 31?? (i think i went a bit off topic :blush:)
  • Now that all my crew are fe i don't need to use the fav to sort crew I'm working on. I've put it on all my crew i don't want accidentally dismissed.
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    mkabd1ifb6lq.png

She was French so maybe she was on strike?

I lost Assimilated La Forge (he is pretty much always one of my Voyage crew) between one Voyage coming back and the next one going out but he came back after I logged off and back into the app.
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    mkabd1ifb6lq.png

Or maybe she stepped out for a super secret Section 31 meeting...because even in the 19th century Section 31 was around... :grey_question::grey_question::grey_question::grey_question: still dont understand how she can be using an 'ancient' weapon and DB give her the Section 31 trait. I mean youve got 23rd Century Martok, but a Starfleet Captain, in the 19th century, with Section 31?? (i think i went a bit off topic :blush:)

She is from the second World War isn't she - which would make her from the mid 20th Century (although as this was a holodeck program she wasn't even from the 20th century but playing a part in a story set in the 20th century).
  • Hunter247 wrote: »
    mkabd1ifb6lq.png

She is from the second World War isn't she - which would make her from the mid 20th Century (although as this was a holodeck program she wasn't even from the 20th century but playing a part in a story set in the 20th century).

Woops, thank you for the correction, still makes no sense to me.
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    mkabd1ifb6lq.png

Those section 31 agents, always disappearing and reappearing without notice. She probably interrupted a voyage and commandeered some poor shmuck's ship for a couple hours. I don't know the details, and I don't want to know, but the galaxy is once again a safer place.
  • SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭
    Glad this one had a happy ending.

I do think there should be something not quite "favourite" but still protects a character from deletion. I've had a few close calls but luckily so far noticed and recovered from re-enlistment
  • Every decent commercial online service should have some kind of database backup. Do you think DB is that reckless to not have one? I'm not a DB's fan but I think they are smart enough to have such backup. Demanding screenshots to prove your claim should be considered almost offensive in such cases.