Home The Bridge
Options

Yet another month and mega event with no expedition

2»

Comments

• Options
    sorinevsorinev ✭✭✭
    I can't say I'm butt-hurt over it. I could not stomach both crit RNG and crew exhaustion together. One or the other, fine, but not both. It was excessive. Yeah yeah yeah deep roster, blah blah blah. That doesn't make it fun. 100% RNG mechanics do not make anything fun.

That said, even with the changes, I still find expedition tedious and do not miss them. I also don't have the kind of time needed as one single block to set aside for an entire expedition ticket.
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last one was a cluster bomb of ridiculousness and I still want them back.

A lot can be learned from the mistakes and attempts to correct them.

Mistake : running an extended duration event where the clock would end on Christmas if it were not extended

Lesson learned : don't. Lol.
    Or second solution
    have a second, third & forth person check the clock.

Mistake : points not given on a bonus node for a key event character., Nearly Invalidating that characters purpose and advertised bonus Function in the event -

Attempted solution : Single bundle of extra tickets

Side effect : when cashed, all tickets just be used in single date, error of points still persistent - coupled with date error created untenable situation

Correct Solutions : multiple single tickets, 1x5* main event character.

There is still a very big place in this game for this event type in full and in hybrids that had barely been tapped (pun intended)

Coupled with one or two other new event types and you'd so much diversity for events between fulls & hybrids you wouldn't hear a complaint about staleness for a decade.

Make it so !!
  • Options
    Guest Guest  ✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    All they gotta do to make Expeditions less of a slag like Christmas is NOT GIVE EXTRA TICKETS.

QFT

the extra tickets are what really spoiled the mirror mega ....
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Expeditions are terrible but I would be open to a new kind of event. A ship battle event, a gauntlet event, or something else.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    While the idea of a different event type sounds great, I don't think Expeditions are the answer. I find them incredibly boring to run as they are just a matter of finding the pattern to run your crew. Faction events also have this issue, but the difference is the time. Once I find the pattern I still have to play for an hour to complete every node of the expedition. It takes less than 10 minutes to collect resend shuttles.
    The only good things I find in Expedition events are the ability to run them on your own timetable and removing the ridiculous fails that are issues in Faction events. They obviously don't burn up components like Galaxy events. That being said, the grind of expeditions just bothers me. I hope to never see more than 2 per year and then only as part of a hybrid.
  • Options
    To-NiTo-Ni ✭✭
    edited April 2018

Same here. I was one of those weirdos who didn't mind running the same node two or three times to get the critical hit. I felt like it kinda evened out the playing field a little bit. You had to figure out which crew you could possibly sacrifice, and plan accordingly.

Now that you can crit the node on the first try, with the points depending on whether you're using the exact event crew, related event crew, or any other crew, there's a fixed limit to how many points you can earn in an Expedition event (assuming you don't buy any extra tickets).

There's no thought to it at all, it comes down to how good your crew is, and how many matching crew you have. For every node you don't get max points on, you're just going to fall further behind.

After the Mirror Mega-Event, I never want to play another Expedition event again.

Yes, it is EXACTLY like faction events