Home The Bridge
Options

What Kind of Captain Are You?

Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
So what kind of Captain are you? Based off of your answers to dilemmas. Do you play it safe? Are you guns a blazing? Are you like Captain Archer and always say “How can I help?”

Comments

• Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably the last one there. I definitely run the "good guy" choices.
    The one where you have to choose between blowing up the falling station, or letting it crash onto a city kills me every time.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magisse wrote: »
    The one where you have to choose between blowing up the falling station, or letting it crash onto a city kills me every time.

Ha! Same here. Im all Johnathan Archer about it. I cross into the neutral zone and assist the Romulans. Protect the frightened servant, take the stowaway to see his family...

• Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Archer-like decisions I make:

"Blood Red Tide" - Support the rebelling colonists. (I'm an angry Kentuckian right now.)
    "By Our Own Hands" - Repay the outpost for what {crew member}'s counterpart took.
    "Class Act" - Defend the frightened servant.
    "Cracks in the Wall" - Cross the border and assist the Romulan interceptor.
    "Ladders and Chains" - Defend the Vorta passenger.
    "Next Stop, Absolution" - Take the stowaway to see his family.
    "Winter's Price" - Save the prisoner. (He wasn't yet convicted, and anyway, the captain had been in control of the ship.)

Sisko-like decisions I make:
    "Ladders and Chains" - Defend the Vorta passenger.
    "Off the Books, Part 1" - Refuse the supposed agent's demands. [Can make this decision now that I have Thot Gor.]
    "Sticks and Stones" - Insult the drunken Klingon for his behavior.
  • Options
    Clearly I am a soldier of fortune without any scruples since in voyages the only thing I care about is the rewards.
    "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that"
  • Options
    Clearly I am a soldier of fortune without any scruples since in voyages the only thing I care about is the rewards.

This is how i answer, too
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before dilemmas were compiled and added to the wiki, I experimented a lot. Started out always being the good Picard-like captain, but then figured being more Lorca-like on some dilemmas would get the better rewards. Now I don't really care what I choose, but just make sure I avoid any choices which will lead to a 2nd part (if possible), except for the two Voyage-exclusive crew I still don't have. (And which seem to be purposely eluding me, though a number of my fleetmates have had no trouble getting them. Grumble grumble…)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Sticks and Stones"
    I insult the Klingon captain. It's the only behaviour he will understand, and he will respect me for it. If I give in he will see weakness.

"Where Earth meets Sky"
    I blast the station out of the sky, If it hits the ground it could land on a major city, a nuclear power station or worse.

"Retrofit"
    Torpedoes every time. Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.

"The Greater need".
    I let her go with some junk. She has tidied my shuttle up. I don't mind taking my junk back, but mugging her and then marooning her is evil.

"Profit in the wind"
    I always give the rights to the people who own the system. It is their property. If the Ferengi don't want to trade it is their lose.

I also stun the Andorian and protect the Gorn. He looks funny in that silly rubber suit.
  • Options
    I used to always take the good-guy decisions, except about the drunken klingon...no way i let him insult me! Then i went for the rare crew drops. I think i've hit all the dilemmas by now, so it's all about rewards...
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha! I always insult the drunken Klingon. Love that aged blood wine.
    u63jt80cbq36.jpg
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha! I always insult the drunken Klingon. Love that aged blood wine.
    u63jt80cbq36.jpg

Same here. Not on my ship pal!

• Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

Same for me. I love and hate that one. I hate the lose – lose situation but I love that it’s one of the ones that gives 4* crew

For most of them I take the good guy route always keeping the prime directive in mind. Like the one with the Klingon thing where you can support the governor or the other side or stay out of it, I always pick to stay out of it because of the prime directive

• Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d fail a starfleet psychological evaluation
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    [BL] Q wrote: »
    Well that would be a waste of holoprograms. :(
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    [BL] Q wrote: »
    Well that would be a waste of holoprograms. :(

Ha! I must say I do insult the Klingon too. Perhaps I would get killed
  • Options
    I used to be a good TNG-like diplomat but now I just do whatever i need to do to get the four-star crew, which is kind of a shame. For instance, if you want Fierce Guinan, you can't simply refuse to speak at that overly ambitious politician's gala even though they're basically an unknown quantity to you. You have to endorse him or you have to give a neutral speech, which is an endorsement in its way. But you can't do what I think is the smart thing here, just refuse to participate in this rando's campaign, not if you want the big reward.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't insult the Klingon captain - no...revenge is a dish best served cold.

I endure his insults. I let his drunk, stinking, boisterous butt sit there and call my mother all sorts of nasty things. I smirk, nod, and occasionally raise a glass in approval. He's a bit bewildered, as to why I'm just sitting there taking it.

The scariest guy in the room isn't the one that yells at you - no, the scariest guy in the room is the one who speaks calmly and quietly about how he's smiling and he's going to enjoy killing you....but you can clearly see the guy is NOT smiling.

I'm that captain.

Once he departs my mess haul, I open fire upon his ship - striking at key locations - knocking out his primary and secondary systems. I then beam a photon torpedo aboard his bridge and hail him. I let him know that I did not appreciate his rude behavior at our dinner engagement, and his mother should have done a better job raising him and teaching him manners - which come with honor. He has no honor, he is a coward. And to show his is a coward, I will grant him the ultimate dishonorable death to a Klingon - I will let him alone live while his crew dies in glorious battle.

And then I simply warp out of the system.

The photon torpedo was a dud, an empty shell. When he opens the casing to investigate, it's just a picture of me, smiling.

But I'm not smiling.

Dude, can I be your first officer? That is so BADA$$

• Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I like to mash all the buttons at once and let the lord RNGsus sort it out.
  • Options
    For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless it's a Dilemma where I need to choose a specific option to unlock a crew member, I roleplay as a theoretical Garak who's joined up with Starfleet intelligence temporarily and been given a ship to command, since he's my in-game avatar and shows up as the Captain of the ship (this is also how I play through the episodes).

As a result my choices range from strategically compassionate (save the prisoner, letting the scavenger take the parts) to pragmatic (build those torpedoes).

On a side note, the scavenger dilemma bothers me. I always chose "give me my stuff back" because the way I read it, my shuttle was basically scrapped and we kind of need it to work/have supplies. Then one time I try letting the scavenger keep what they took, and the dilemma is all "non-essential components". Like, if you had told me the guy only took non-essential components from the start, of course I'd let him keep it. I thought he had scrapped the weaponry, or ripped out the comm or something. Turns out he just took the pillows or whatever. Seriously, I need information before making a decision like this.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    Depends on the day, and mood I'm in. I've gone full psycho on a few voyages. Didn't seem to affect the results.
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • Options
    Depends on the day, and mood I'm in. I've gone full psycho on a few voyages. Didn't seem to affect the results.

Heh, reminds me of one Voyage where I was just having a really bad day, so I was shooting down Romulans, arresting Maquis stowaways etc. It was a good release lol

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I am a Vorta commander type of captain, sneaky and spyish and always with a boyish smile like Weyoun's. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    I pick blindly at this point.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    I was trying, at least the first time I saw a dilemma, to give the "Starfleet" answer.

I gave a "neutral speech" because Starfleet doesn't take sides in politics.
    I corrected the drunken Klingon. Then I got bored and started to insult him back. ;)
    I suggest the young Trill try Starfleet.
    I defend the servant.
    I tried "reassuring the crowd", but now I "debate the Vedek": he definitely gets to share his views, but not unopposed.
    I advise against promoting an officer who has been a jerk the entire time I've known him.
    I take samples of the weird substance (even though part of me feels it will turn out that it is sentient and I have killed its children by doing so).
    I allow the trader to ride because that's apparently something we do. A bad reputation is different from a criminal record.
    I used to reassure colonies that my crew were not thieves. Now I am more generous and give them supplies.
    I confiscate the stolen items, because you should always ask before taking. I would freely give those supplies (or a ride) if asked.

I stunned the Gorn first, figuring that The Andorian was more likely to listen to me. Having learned he's a jerk, I stun the Andorian.
    I relay the distress call, because being unable to warp isn't immediately life-threatening, and a matter of life-or-death is the only reason I'd enter the RNZ, much less cross it and enter Romulan Space without an invitation.

I don't arrest the stowaway. I worry that other people will think stowing away is a good way to travel, so sometimes I drop him at a starbase, but sometimes I take him home.
    I decide who gets to do research basically at random: we need better defenses and better weapons both.
    I'm wishy-washy on the mining because I'm not sure those colonists "own" the entire star system. If they do then those minerals are theirs, but if they only have claim to the planet, then finders-keepers on the rest of the system.

And that Section 31 "agent" can go p--- up a pole: even if I worked for Section 31, if you don't have some kind of proof that you do and that I've been assigned to help you then you don't get to order me around.

Those are the only ones I've seen.
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much your standard Starfleet Boy Scout - do what's morally right, even if it means bending the rules and maybe being a wide-eyed idealist in a galaxy that doesn't necessarily share those standards.

But if I have to lend my ship to Section 31, or support a bad candidate, or ruin a well-meaning leader, to acquire a Breen or a holographic clown or a whatever the heck Lucien is... I'll learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Shan, delete that entire post.

(Not really, I'm being a smart aleck.)
  • Options
    Kaitee wrote: »
    Pretty much your standard Starfleet Boy Scout - do what's morally right, even if it means bending the rules and maybe being a wide-eyed idealist in a galaxy that doesn't necessarily share those standards.

But if I have to lend my ship to Section 31, or support a bad candidate, or ruin a well-meaning leader, to acquire a Breen or a holographic clown or a whatever the heck Lucien is... I'll learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Shan, delete that entire post.

(Not really, I'm being a smart aleck.)

Lucien is the literal Devil and he has taken the form of a satyr.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I think we can all agree that "Retrofit" is the worst dilemma?

EDIT: By worst.... I meant dumbest