Home The Bridge

Lack of interest in Special Offers.

Roadrunner {SG-66}Roadrunner {SG-66} ✭✭✭
edited April 2018 in The Bridge
One wise man once said: the definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Seriously DB, honorable pursuit a third time in a row!?!

Didn’t buy it the first two times and won’t buy it this time again. Just stop it already. Never bought:
- Honors
- dil overload
- Ship schems

However bought 10 for 10 EVERY SINGLE TIME you offered. Yet, I haven’t seen it for over 2 months now. Don’t want my money DB?

Yeah, insanity. Keep offering me the stuff I never bought since I started playing. You’ll get a different result eventually.

Please keep title relevant, thank you. - Title edited by Shan

Comments

• NS111111NS111111 ✭✭✭
    I've had junk for a couple of months, got the 10x10 this time so bought it - when I got it every week for 2 months I stopped buying. I guess the key in special offers is them actually feeling special every now again.

It is frustrating when you get rubbish like sail the starry skies popping up though...
  • It can be argued that these offers aren't targeted at the typical Timelines player that is looking for a good deal. It is a massive fishing net trying to ensnare the odd player who suffers from impulse control issues and has a lot of free space on a credit card.

I guess somebody out there keeps buying these bad deals, so they keep offering them. But the rest of us will just keep shaking our heads every Monday and wonder why they are bothering us with such nonsense.
  • NeemsNeems ✭✭✭
    I also buy the 10 x 10 when offered, but I would not if it were every week. There's no way I could convince myself that this game is worth 45$ every month. Getting the 10 x 10 deal once (rarely twice) a month allows me to purchase it instantly and then go "Wait, is this game really worth 25$ a month? Well, I've already done it. Alas."

So in the case of my own finances, the 10 x 10 being rare actually means DB gets more of my money. Not sure if I'm typical, but there's a possible explanation for it being decent business sense on their side.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tend to agree with Neems... though I would think that the heuristics would at some point show that some folks never buy schems so offering them schems isn't a good thing, etc.
  • Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    I’m offered the 30 for $49 plus 1500 dil...
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I has a 10x10 offered right now. Should I smoke the full bowl? I have a ~55% chance of an all immortal behold and 6 out of my last 7 4* beholds were a full boat.

On the other hand, some jerk rudely kicked me out of 3rd place in the event and I need a cookie.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • I got 25 premium 10 packs, 500 Chrons and 400 Dil for $99.00. Not buying.
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gib wrote: »
    I got 25 premium 10 packs, 500 Chrons and 400 Dil for $99.00. Not buying.

Ouch, harsh.
    Wonder who doesn't like you in DB land lol
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep getting $50 and $100 offers. They include either 25 or 30 premium pulls so I buy them every Monday. I’m guessing they see that I buy them each week so why go down to a $25 or less offer.
  • There is literally no chance I buy any special offer from DB until I get something else to do than dice rolling.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I'm given an offer I'm not interested in I simply don't buy it and go on with my day.
  • Gib wrote: »
    I got 25 premium 10 packs, 500 Chrons and 400 Dil for $99.00. Not buying.

Ouch, harsh.
    Wonder who doesn't like you in DB land lol

I dont know. I have gotten $99 offer of some sort for 3 weeks. I would by a 10 for 10, but currently do not see the point or have enough for any $99 offer.
  • I’m in a different boat... the regular portal offers are just honor... and a chance at a random legendary with an even tinier chance to fuse one of the remaining purple crew I have... so I will usually get the dilithium overload and go for a featured portal with crew that I want...
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad. Run, don't walk, to Quark's Holosuite!

Immortalized: 140 x 5*, 221 x 4*, 74 x 3*, 47 x 2*, 27 x 1*
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't seen 10 for $10 in what seems like forever. Got Dilithium overload for $19.99 today.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't seen 10 for $10 in what seems like forever. Got Dilithium overload for $19.99 today.

It’s been a while for me as well. I would love to get it now that the portal has been updated but instead I'm stuck with the gods-awful $49.99 schematics pack. I would rather set a $50 bill on fire in my sink than take one ship I have little use for from level 7 to level 8 (or maybe 9) and have a bunch of replicator fuel on the side.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    q5inveba91e0.png
    Got this one. Same as last week and I bought it again. Got three 5* beholds and a bunch of useful 4*.

rru8y44yt92t.png
    Went with Katrine.

t1hyoxg79gip.png
    Quickly took Romulan Data. I was really happy about this one. Hoping to max him before the mega starts.

fowwxe3p7k71.png
    Almost went with The Keeper, but I didn't really need him so I took the second star on McCoy.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    15 premium packs + dil for £25. As I have most of the SR cards already FF I passed hoping for a time portal update.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Cpt. CavemanCpt. Caveman ✭✭✭✭
    I think the best format would be to have all of the offers available every week, and you are allowed to choose ONE.
  • EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    I kind of agree. I put $10 in my Google account the other day in anticipation that during the Mega event, I'd probably want to buy something.

I have been playing for well over a year now and I have no problem spending money on this game however I have never spent more then $10 at any one time.

I don't think the special offers are targeted... they are simply random. I am not sure targeted offers is a good thing anyways... ( there is a part of me that feels that that would be sort of predatory)

If I would have gotten the 10 for 10 deal, I would have bought it .. no doubt. I got a $20 dilithium offer that I was not interested in and wouldn't have bought even if I had $20 in my account. But I don't have a problem waiting until I do get an offer that I want.
    kp8nkjsba4n5.png
    wrul5tev5z8z.png
    lm8i4yzefmop.png
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Etienne wrote: »
    I kind of agree. I put $10 in my Google account the other day in anticipation that during the Mega event, I'd probably want to buy something.

I have been playing for well over a year now and I have no problem spending money on this game however I have never spent more then $10 at any one time.

I don't think the special offers are targeted... they are simply random. I am not sure targeted offers is a good thing anyways... ( there is a part of me that feels that that would be sort of predatory)

If I would have gotten the 10 for 10 deal, I would have bought it .. no doubt. I got a $20 dilithium offer that I was not interested in and wouldn't have bought even if I had $20 in my account. But I don't have a problem waiting until I do get an offer that I want.

+1 @Etienne . You said almost exactly what I think. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    kp8nkjsba4n5.png
    wrul5tev5z8z.png
    lm8i4yzefmop.png

I couldn’t help but think of these words of wisdom from Jayne Cobb:

“Far as I see it, you people been given the shortest end of the stick ever been offered a human soul in this crap-hill 'verse....But you took that end...and, well, you took it. And that's... well, I guess that's something.”
  • [10F] NewtonianQBalls[10F] NewtonianQBalls ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    You want a good deal go to Steam and buy the DLC for $9.99 and you get 10x premium pulls, 500,000 credits and 700 Dilithium.
    [10F] Newt wrote: »
    You want a good deal go to Steam and buy the DLC for $9.99 and you get 10x premium pulls, 500,000 credits and 700 Dilithium.

How often can you buy that?
  • edited April 2018
    Once. And definitely make sure you’ve logged in to the game first in steam before you do, so it doesn’t get applied to a noob account.
  • Didn't know they were random, just thought they were timed promotions where everyone got the same offer at the same time. Interesting...

As I've said elsewhere the offer I'd like to see is simply crew slots as without more of them I can't make much use of any other offers anyhow.
  • NeemsNeems ✭✭✭
    Didn't know they were random, just thought they were timed promotions where everyone got the same offer at the same time. Interesting...

As I've said elsewhere the offer I'd like to see is simply crew slots as without more of them I can't make much use of any other offers anyhow.

The timing is the same for everyone, but the offered deals are probably up to some mixture of RNG and the recent number of dollars you've spent on the game. Underwear selection and current velocity of wind may also apply.

There are also deals where everyone is offered the same deal at the same time, but these are special occasions.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Neems wrote: »
    Didn't know they were random, just thought they were timed promotions where everyone got the same offer at the same time. Interesting...

The timing is the same for everyone, but the offered deals are probably up to some mixture of RNG and the recent number of dollars you've spent on the game. Underwear selection and current velocity of wind may also apply.

There are also deals where everyone is offered the same deal at the same time, but these are special occasions.

I wouldn’t say special occasions. I’d say “Thursdays”.
  • Neems wrote: »
    Underwear selection and current velocity of wind may also apply.
    I need to get me some lucky undies... :D