Home The Bridge

Lack of interest in Special Offers.

2»

Comments

• kp8nkjsba4n5.png
    wrul5tev5z8z.png
    lm8i4yzefmop.png

I've had the same thing! FRUSTRATING!!! There must be some way that DB can avoid this.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerfball6 wrote: »
    I've had the same thing! FRUSTRATING!!! There must be some way that DB can avoid this.

They give you honour. Are they giving you enough honour? Well, that's up to debate. I suspect its not enough but maybe DB has done some math (rilly, I'm srs!) that between crew sales and other sources we're getting an appropriate amount.

Although I think for a premium pull it should probably just come with some extra honour anyways.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have only ever bought the 10 for 10, and one other offer that was similarly inexpensive and high value.

but when they start giving 15 packs for $25 , or 30 packs for $50, they are DECREASING the value to the player / customer. it should INCREASE.

offer something like 30 packs for $25, and see how many buyers you get!

The 15 pack offer also includes 1500 dilithium, it's not like it's 15 packs for $25 and nothing else. Now you can argue whether the 1500 dilithium is worth $10 to you (assuming the 15 packs are worth $15), but it's not just 15 packs for $25.
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerfball6 wrote: »

They can, it's by design. The whole game design is to take advantage of addictive behavior and copy the pack buying aspect of a CCG but with the removal of the secondary market.

It's been two years, and it's DB's official stance that this is intended behavior. It's the CS response that's been variable. The official line presented to us by the customer facing mouthpieces is that you don't get compensation for it, it's part of the game. However, communication and consistency with CS has never been a DB strength, so if you submit a ticket, then roll some dice, 'cos the rep may give you a citation. Or he may give you the bird.

My solution to this problem is what I believe to be the only sensible one. As returns on the game diminish, so does spending. When DB provides you nothing of value, reciprocate by not providing them with anything of value, namely your money, and eventually your time.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    UnkieB wrote: »
    i have only ever bought the 10 for 10, and one other offer that was similarly inexpensive and high value.

but when they start giving 15 packs for $25 , or 30 packs for $50, they are DECREASING the value to the player / customer. it should INCREASE.

The 15 pack offer also includes 1500 dilithium, it's not like it's 15 packs for $25 and nothing else. Now you can argue whether the 1500 dilithium is worth $10 to you (assuming the 15 packs are worth $15), but it's not just 15 packs for $25.

Normal straight DIL cost for 1500 (not counting VIP bonus dil) would be $20. So it's like getting a 10 for 10 but only half off on the DIL. That's still feels like diminishing value as the offer gets larger.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Normal straight DIL cost for 1500 (not counting VIP bonus dil) would be $20. So it's like getting a 10 for 10 but only half off on the DIL. That's still feels like diminishing value as the offer gets larger.

Or you could say it's like buying 1500 dilithium straight up, and getting 10 for $5. That makes it a no brainer for anyone who would have bought dilithium straight up.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »
    Pallidyne wrote: »

Or you could say it's like buying 1500 dilithium straight up, and getting 10 for $5. That makes it a no brainer for anyone who would have bought dilithium straight up.

That's a very specific assumption.

Dollar for dollar it till makes it less of a deal if you are comparing it to the 10 for 10.
  • Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    So the 30 premium pulls gave me no usable 4*s and there are plenty I need with the update....and only one 5* behold to add to Rom...
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    UnkieB wrote: »

That's why I have no issue purchasing that deal. You get a decent amount of VIP points too. I would still prefer the 10 for 10 but 15 for 25 (15 for 34 in my case) is alright too.
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think once a month I get a good one. I do try to keep a budget so it's either a mid week offer or an event offer I pick.
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    bought the 10/$10 once or twice, that's it
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!