Home The Bridge

Summer Mega Event Bonus Crew Speculation

For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
Ok, so obviously this is very far into the future, but I like to plan my crew levelling strategy far in advance.

We know the theme will be DS9/Augments. Now, the question is, will all DS9 crew be eligible as bonus crew? Because I feel like that would be a hell of a lot of bonus crew.

A quick tally shows:
12 Siskos
7 Kiras
7 Bashirs
8 Odos
7 O'Briens
12 Daxes
4 DS9 Worfs
5 Quarks
4 Garaks
4 Dukats
3 Roms
3 Nogs
2 Jakes
2 Damars

And a host of other one-offs like the Founder, Tain, Laas, Martok, DS9 Gowron etc. That's well over 80 DS9 crew. Many of which are 4* and 5*.

Now, compared to Augments, we have 12 of those. And half of those 12 are Bashirs. Which means I doubt we're going to see just a bonus for Augments.

Any thoughts on whether they'll actually make the entirety of the DS9 cast bonus? Or perhaps it'll just be the main cast (Sisko, Kira, Bashir, Odo, O'Brien, Dax, Worf and maybe Quark and/or Garak), thus limiting the bonus crew count to a slightly more reasonable ~60?

Personally, I've been focusing on levelling some Bashirs I have parked, but I also have a couple Kiras I could level, so I'm unsure of whether I should sink resources into them at this point.
“Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
Natima Lang
Empok Nor Garak
Tekeny Ghemor
Mira
Makbar
Dejar
Ulani Belor

Comments

• Captain LostCaptain Lost ✭✭✭✭
    DS9 Main Cast + Augments makes sense to me. Mega-events usually have a lot of bonus crew.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    DS9 Main Cast + Augments makes sense to me. Mega-events usually have a lot of bonus crew.

If that's the case I think this might be the most bonus crew in a Mega yet.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crew count also (eventually) diminishes in value. For something like a galaxy event, it's unlikely you would even use much more than your top 3-5, regardless of how many crew there are. In the Prime Directive Rerun, I used a 4/5 Zek, Mirror Tucker, and Cornwell across all recipes I ever crafted.

Obviously, there's more utility in shuttles, but, even if they had ALL 5 slots, that's a maximum of 20 crew you would use.

Once you've filled up every available slot with a bonus crew, adding more on just doesn't matter that much, it only opens it up to more people who might have a different set of the crew.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crew count also (eventually) diminishes in value. For something like a galaxy event, it's unlikely you would even use much more than your top 3-5, regardless of how many crew there are. In the Prime Directive Rerun, I used a 4/5 Zek, Mirror Tucker, and Cornwell across all recipes I ever crafted.

Obviously, there's more utility in shuttles, but, even if they had ALL 5 slots, that's a maximum of 20 crew you would use.

Once you've filled up every available slot with a bonus crew, adding more on just doesn't matter that much, it only opens it up to more people who might have a different set of the crew.

The number of bonus crew is more about the number of players who can get max bonuses than what each individual player can use.

For instance, in the event with "Brutal" and "Doctor" as the bonuses, everyone was basically able to stock all their shuttles full of bonus crew, which made the event on the whole more competitive, with more players being able to rack up the points. So, in a DS9 event, with that many bonus crew, the whole "bonus" thing becomes irrelevant, aside from the event crew (3x bonus), because everyone will have the 2x bonus crew ready to go, and they become the new "base" and the real differentiating factor is whether or not you have the 3x bonus event crew levelled.

Obviously for Galaxy it's a completely different story, and doesn't matter so much, but in faction events there is a noticeable difference. Same with Expedition events (if those are even a thing anymore).

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me I like the excitement of leveling up characters in prep for an event... with something like this, its cool that it'll be the niners, but I'm pretty stocked and leveled already. Less stress I guess lol.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been wondering about this myself. It'd be pretty wild if all DS9 crew got a bonus. There are presently 116 pages in the DS9 category on the Wiki. That includes the page for the location of the station itself. It does not include Defiant Commander Worf (who is classified as being from First Contact, but frankly I feel he's the default DS9 Worf until and unless we get one in the red shouldered uniform).

What I believe would be manageable and more balanced would be all Augments (as noted, there are only a dozen) and related crew of whichever DS9 crew feature in the given week's event. This could be as simple as all Sisko personae, or maybe something like all Changelings. This ought to sustain an average of 20-30 eligible bonus crew each week.

That said, I honestly hope it ends up being everyone from the entire DS9 series. That sounds amazing to me.