Home The Bridge

What are your plans for Surak?

2»

Comments

• Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait it out and check if he’s even worth citationing
    I'm probably citateing him unless his stats are terrible or he only has 2 skills.
    Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • izausomeizausome ✭✭✭
    Citation using honour
    Im making around 50k honor a month, so his citation will be ready at the end of the event.... if his stats are worth it.
  • Pay for an extra star immediately to save honour
    Power creep has new 3 skill crew having voyage stats over 3550. He'll have a spot almost every voyage I'll wager.

Some mix of Science, Command and Diplomacy seems likely as well given his cultural significance.

Then again, he could be our first 2 skill mega event crew because DB.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tcal wrote: »
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    You forgot to give us an option for:
    Not worry about making him immortal. 4/5 is good enough regardless of his stats.

Exactly this. Poor planning on the OPs part. Not every character NEEDS to be immortalized if they are useful.

I guess not every player NEEDS free dilithium from immortalization achievements, either. 50k honor (that will also make a good crew even better) is not an unreasonable expenditure towards the next level.

And, yes, there are plenty of whales out there who already got the 350 crew achievement...that doesn’t mean DB won’t add more in the future.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pay for an extra star immediately to save honour
    Tcal wrote: »
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    You forgot to give us an option for:
    Not worry about making him immortal. 4/5 is good enough regardless of his stats.

Exactly this. Poor planning on the OPs part. Not every character NEEDS to be immortalized if they are useful.

I guess not every player NEEDS free dilithium from immortalization achievements, either. 50k honor (that will also make a good crew even better) is not an unreasonable expenditure towards the next level.

And, yes, there are plenty of whales out there who already got the 350 crew achievement...that doesn’t mean DB won’t add more in the future.

Based on the way starbases have been handled, they'll expand the achievements when the appropriate number of pitchforks have been turned into flaming spears and thrown.
  • The Great GornholioThe Great Gornholio ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Citation using honour
    Power creep has new 3 skill crew having voyage stats over 3550. He'll have a spot almost every voyage I'll wager.

Some mix of Science, Command and Diplomacy seems likely as well given his cultural significance.

First 2 skill mega? T'Kuvma?

8b3df4px2n68.png
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Citation using honour

Surak was a scientist, healer, and diplomat. He commanded an entire race and culture, and stopped wars.

Surak could have any of those five skills. It would be wrong to give him just two.
  • Citation using honour

Surak was a scientist, healer, and diplomat. He commanded an entire race and culture, and stopped wars.

Surak could have any of those five skills. It would be wrong to give him just two.

Agreed! I'm REALLY hoping he is SCI/MED/DIP, but I'm thinking there's a good chance he will be SCI/DIP/CMD. I'd be pleasantly surprised if he has ENG, but it's doubtful.
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Citation using honour
    Can we get some stats, DB? We had stats on Picard and Cornwell days earlier than their first events.

This is definitely not true. We didn't get their stats until the first event tab popped.

I'm guessing he's going to be DIP/SCI though I would like him to be SCI/DIP/CMD. Word on the street is he was supposed to be cmd/dip/sec but was changed to dip/sci.
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amphistaff wrote: »
    Can we get some stats, DB? We had stats on Picard and Cornwell days earlier than their first events.

This is definitely not true. We didn't get their stats until the first event tab popped.

I'm guessing he's going to be DIP/SCI though I would like him to be SCI/DIP/CMD. Word on the street is he was supposed to be cmd/dip/sec but was changed to dip/sci.

Word on the street?? Where?
  • Citation using honour

That would be just plain awful! Please DB please, don't make us wait this long for Surak and then DB it up. 3 Skills please!
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Citation using honour
    Stats look nice. I'll be citing him week 1 for sure now.
  • Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    Citation using honour
    It'll be a while, but eventually I'll spend the honor when I have enough saved. I'll tack on stars to a few others first.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
    Citation using honour
    Hungry Dog wrote: »
    It'll be a while, but eventually I'll spend the honor when I have enough saved. I'll tack on stars to a few others first.

Makes more sense to do it now since he'll give you full boost for the whole month. If you're going to do it ever you should do it week 1 otherwise you're losing out on a lot.
  • Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    Citation using honour
    Hungry Dog wrote: »

Makes more sense to do it now since he'll give you full boost for the whole month. If you're going to do it ever you should do it week 1 otherwise you're losing out on a lot.

Oh I don't care about the bonus, and I don't have enough honor right now anyway. I'm not planning on blowing resources to compete enough for it to matter during this mega. I'll save it for another event or a card that I care about. When I do top him off he'll just go into cryo to make room in my roster.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Citation using honour
    Gonna use honor and buy him the citation. That's what I did for Mirror Picard and Cornwell.
  • Citation using honour
    Now that the stats are out: using the citation. Easily my best Sci crew for both voyages and shuttles.
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that the stats are out: using the citation. Easily my best Sci crew for both voyages and shuttles.

Same here... He'll be getting a citation as soon as I have him.
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will double up when I can this weekend. Plus it includes items to level 50 and saves a little chronitons.
    Citation using honour
    Citation is the easier and cheaper option these days. I usually only DYS on someone I REALLY like or want. Like the Caretaker
    Citation using honour
    Citation is the easier and cheaper option these days. I usually only DYS on someone I REALLY like or want. Like the Caretaker
    Citation using honour
  • MordackMordack ✭✭✭
    I will keep him at 4/5 for the time being.
  • S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
    I will double up when I can this weekend. Plus it includes items to level 50 and saves a little chronitons.

Yes, my thinking exactly! I have been leveling Vulcans for the last 10 days and run out of IDICs, so the DYS deal will help me avoid replicating the IDICs at the lower levels and give me a chance of leveling him to 100 at the first attempt.
  • Citation using honour
    I'm in for a citation, will be my best voyage sci