Home The Bridge

What are your plans for Surak?

S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
edited April 2018 in The Bridge
A new free legendary mega event character is pending. What’s your plan?

What are your plans for Surak? 166 votes

Pay for an extra star immediately to save honour
19%
ADM Fletcher [ET]Warrior WilloPeachtree RexCaptain TFCapt. ChaosCaptain Sisko [AA][TUFG] Siguard[QH] He-Who-MeowsAlthea BiermontGrumpfer[DB - Do Better]   ProwlerPallidyneThis Sisko1Larxene(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••]Pinkyfirst~peregrine~[KF] Kapitan Dobchangregoryt[STFL] TheHell2Earth 33 votes
Citation using honour
46%
ReginoldJuddDralixizausomesorinev[RotP]Ran AirenAmphistaff[KM]VidemCaptainUnderpantsSabine of AthensCaptain DurfCanAus ToddFor CardassiaXoiikuProsserData1001Zombie Squirrel guest_7456MagisseTravis S McClainNeos472 77 votes
Wait it out and check if he’s even worth citationing
31%
uss_bonaventureCaptain_WhoSSR Barkley[GoT] jess-gayRoadrunner {SG-66}RocpileMcCaptainfaceeXo | das411 William T. Riker[QH] OxmyxLady GaghgaghJim Steele[KM] WOLF 359Antasil[SSR] GTMET[10F] NewtonianQBallsDittoKaiRoFutureImperfecta[GoT] Terfin 52 votes
Let him rot on level 1 for eternity
1%
Shy KhanKarthon 2 votes
Airlock him into the unforgiving vacuum of space for honour
1%
(ST) Dreadnought [Retired] BeamMeUpScottie 2 votes
Try to immortalize him twice!
0%

Comments

• S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
    I’ll be paying for the privilege of immortalizing him. My only FFFE 5* are from mega events, and I’ve only been playing since T’Kuvma came on the scene, so Surak should be a priceless addition to my growing crew.

Any ideas what his skills are gonna be? I’m expecting DIP CMD SCI, typical Vulcan.
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    You forgot to give us an option for:
    Not worry about making him immortal. 4/5 is good enough regardless of his stats.

This is my option as well. Pretty much the fate of all my mega event legendaries.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Citation using honour
    Been saving up my honour, so I plan to use it asap on Surak.

Best case scenario he has great stats and I'll have a good 5/5.

Worst case scenario I can stick him in the freezer and he'll help with my Vulcan collection. And hopefully some others (I assume he'll be Inspirational at least).
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    RennJaxo wrote: »
    Not worry about making him immortal. 4/5 is good enough regardless of his stats.

This is my option as well. Pretty much the fate of all my mega event legendaries.

Also they'll eventually make it to the portal and there's always the thin sliver of hope that is the Dabo wheel.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Wait it out and check if he’s even worth citationing
    If he is DIP primary I will use my honor on my Hueh Culber instead.
  • 4 of 5
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bri wrote: »
    I’ll be paying for the privilege of immortalizing him. My only FFFE 5* are from mega events, and I’ve only been playing since T’Kuvma came on the scene, so Surak should be a priceless addition to my growing crew.

Any ideas what his skills are gonna be? I’m expecting DIP CMD SCI, typical Vulcan.

Same here, only immortal 5*s are from the mega events. I also expect DIP & SCI, but I would prefer MED to CMD, even if it is his tertiary skill. Speaking of which, if Surak is another 2-skill wonder, I reserve the right to change my vote to the option "Let him rot on level 1 for eternity". LLAP
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    as with all these events 4/5 is good for me (unless they want to give us the 5th - i'll take that again happily).
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably will cite him right away since he’ll be 3x bonus crew all month, but will decide for sure when the time comes.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get some stats, DB? We had stats on Picard and Cornwell days earlier than their first events.
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭

All depends on 2 skill or 3 and base stats.
    With Mirror Jonny littering the gauntlet my hunch says that Sarah (no.. that was deliberate)
    Will be base strong Prof weak.

I could use a monster 3skill dip base, so we'll see what the survey says tomorrow.
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Citation using honour
    UnkieB wrote: »
    Probably will cite him right away since he’ll be 3x bonus crew all month, but will decide for sure when the time comes.
    Same here, it usually works out well.
  • sorinevsorinev ✭✭✭
    Citation using honour
    I'll probably cite him regardless. I just hit 50k honor yesterday. I was going to use it to get Mobile Doctor to 4/5, but I'd rather not have another incomplete 5* sitting around since I have more than enough of those; 38 who are not FF, 8 who are. I just hope he has strong SCI, either as primary or secondary. I get the feeling he'll be DIP primary since he changed an entire world culture, but I hope his SCI is at least secondary and definitely not tertiary.
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably do the 25 right away to level and add an extra star to do so quickly. I always do it for the megas. Some of it is also being a squad leader I want to be able to share the best stuff out as soon as I can during factions.
  • Captain LostCaptain Lost ✭✭✭✭
    Probably sitting somewhere at the bottom of my crew quarters with most of the rest my Megaevent 5*s. I kind of like the fact that Legendary crew are usually so hard to FF, I get the opportunity to make my favorite Star Trek characters my strongest crew by giving them honorable citations. I don't want T'Kuvma, Kortar, or Cornwall to be sitting at the front of my lists, ahead of characters I actually care about.
  • Citation using honour
    Citation right away, my only 5/5 are mega event cards so far, and I have them all. Since they rarely pop up in packs and are not in the rotation it seems to be a good way to spend Honor.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Citation using honour
    Best use of a citadation, saves me 25 bucks the Double Ur Crew offer would cost me and no danger that he will pop up in a behold shortly after.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    Citation using honour
    It depends on Surak's skills and how useful he'll be after the event. I just got up to 50k honour after buying Kahless, and I'm going to buy a 5* citation but I could use it on someone else (I still have Kortar and T'Kuvma at 4/5 and my Zhian'tara Odo is asking for another star) if Surak is just meh.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably sitting somewhere at the bottom of my crew quarters with most of the rest my Megaevent 5*s. I kind of like the fact that Legendary crew are usually so hard to FF, I get the opportunity to make my favorite Star Trek characters my strongest crew by giving them honorable citations. I don't want T'Kuvma, Kortar, or Cornwall to be sitting at the front of my lists, ahead of characters I actually care about.

I understand this completely, though I have either used citations or DYC offers to finish all of the mega event recurring crew (with Cornwell’s fifth star being delayed due to finishing RAF O’Brien and my embarrassment of riches in MED crew). I look at my immortalized legendary crew and I feel a much greater feeling of accomplishment for Mirror Kirk, Yarnek, O’Brien, Crell Moset, Grand Nagus Rom, and AoS Crusher then I do for the others. Especially Kirk, Moset, and Rom, since I finished them in the dark days before citations...waiting for limited time packs to have a shot at getting more of them to drop was truly painful.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Citation using honour
    I have 200,000 honour waiting to be spent. 50,000 of that has his name written on it.

He is event crew for the entire month, so will be very useful.

I only have two FFFE 5*, Mirror Picard and Cornwell, and two 4/5 FE 5*, T'Kuvma and Guinan. He will make an excellent addition to my team no matter what his skills are. If he has three skills even better. He will be awesome for voyages.
  • MirrorMartiganMirrorMartigan ✭✭✭✭
    Citation using honour
    I only have one 5* FF chracter, Mirror Picard. It'll be nice to have 2 5* FF characters.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Citation using honour
    Assuming he has three skills and/or good for voyages I will use the honor I have saved up to immortalise if not... Oh well 3rd star on Guinan I guess...
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might use honor, I'll wait and see what his item builds are like.
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Citation using honour
    Back over 120.000 Honor so (March was expensive for 2* Doc, Bajoran Dukat and Mutant Paris) ... will be citing Surak as soon as I get him (third immortal 5* I hope). Don't really care about stats etc. just want an immortalised crew to get me closer to 225 immortals.

For the rest of the mega-event:
    - I'll also slap a citation on Grayson to freeze her after the weekend (if she ends up being Threshold reward).
    - I'll slap a citation on the threshold crew for week 3's event Fire With Fire (also only if they are new).

Then it is back to saving up for the next mega-event with the odd citation here or there for new Faction event threshold crew.
  • TcalTcal ✭✭✭

Exactly this. Poor planning on the OPs part. Not every character NEEDS to be immortalized if they are useful.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Citation using honour
    I'm sitting on the Honor to cash in for his citation as soon as I get him, and will at least play through the thresholds for the other stars on him in each event. I like having this little subset of immortalized mega-event recurring 5*'s. My only other immortalized 5* is Bartender Guinan (I lucked into three of her in the Gauntlet, and citation'd her the rest of the way).
  • Pay for an extra star immediately to save honour
    If I cam, I will do the double up, otherwise at some point he will get a citation, probably by week 2
  • S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
    Tcal wrote: »

Exactly this. Poor planning on the OPs part. Not every character NEEDS to be immortalized if they are useful.

Thanks for the constructive feedback. You surely are a paragon of all that is good in the World. Congratulations.
  • Wait it out and check if he’s even worth citationing
    I am dying to see what his skills are. but i won't buy a copy, or even citation, until the whole event is over. Not taking a chance on losing honor/money through some "gift" or random pull.