Home The Bridge

Sort by Series Exists in the Cryostasis Vault!

Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2018 in The Bridge
I didn't know it, so maybe I'm simply late to the party, but I just discovered I can search by series within the Cryostasis Vault! It's not perfect, but it's largely pretty helpful. Some basic overview notes:

1. Crew and personae from the first six movies are included with TOS; those from the next four are in with TNG.
  2. A lot of crew seem to only turn up in these series searches if they're frozen (not just immortalized).
  3. Personae are series-specific. For instance, Duelist Barclay populates with TNG, whereas Hologram Barclay populates with VOY. Like it or not, but 23rd Century Martok populates under TOS, and C.O.P. Founder Picard populates under ENT.
  4. Worfs are properly grouped! TNG Worfs: Ba'ku, Civil War, Protomorphosis, and Sheriff. DS9 Worfs: Trader, Mirror Regent, and Defiant Commander. Security Chief Worf, who could arguably be from either Star Trek Generations or DS9 "The Way of the Warrior", doesn't turn up in either set.
  5. Like all search results, any character name or trait that includes the set of characters together will also populate (Vedek Bareil Antos in TOS, anyone with Augment trait in ENT, etc.).

There are quite a few missing (especially from DS9). Someone else can audit to see who's absent, but I have made note of anomalies where they're 1) not from that series and 2) neither their name or any traits include the search term.

TOS Anomaly
  1. Zhian'tara Odo (DS9)
TNG Anomalies
  1. Admiral Cartwright (TOS)
  2. Dr. Carol Marcus (TOS)
  3. RAF Miles O'Brien (DS9, where he also properly populates)
DS9 Anomaly
  1. Alidar Jarok (TNG)
VOY Anomaly
  1. Lieutenant Tarah (ENT)
ENT Anomaly
  1. Ensign Robin Lefler (TNG)

Edited to reflect the Unseen Unless Frozen bug identified by @RaraRacing below.

Comments

• RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Travis ... was unaware of this. I'll get started on who's missing. :)

... actually I just noticed ... when I search DSC only the crew I have frozen come up ... all the ones that are missing are "in action" as it were.
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    TOS anomaly: Vedek Bareil AnTOS
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of the Augments, including Bashir, show up in ENTerprise. It's not perfect, but it's a pretty nifty easter egg.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    TOS anomaly: Vedek Bareil AnTOS
    robownage wrote: »
    All of the Augments, including Bashir, show up in ENTerprise. It's not perfect, but it's a pretty nifty easter egg.

*ahem*
    Like all search results, any character name or trait that includes the set of characters together will also populate (Vedek Bareil Antos in TOS, anyone with Augment trait in ENT, etc.).

RaraRacing wrote: »
    Thanks Travis ... was unaware of this. I'll get started on who's missing. :)

... actually I just noticed ... when I search DSC only the crew I have frozen come up ... all the ones that are missing are "in action" as it were.

Interesting! I've kept all my Disco crew active (I have the space, so whatever). I just froze Commander Ellen Landry, and now she turns up in the vault under DSC. That's a curious little bug!
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thelin doesn't appear under TAS.

Lucien and Arex do.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
    Ivanstone wrote: »

Lucien and Arex do.

Do you have them frozen? Mine are all active. It would appear to be the same bug that @RaraRacing has identified with DSC, if so.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting! And helpful! Thanks Travis :)
    TOS Anomaly
    1. Zhian'tara Odo (DS9)

Is this maybe a way of acknowledging that Curzon was technically around (and arguably did his most important word) during the era of the TOS movies? Of course, I would argue that at the very least he should be in both.

Another tidbit to note, is that Trader Odo shows up under TOS, which would make sense, except none of the other Trials and Tribble-ations gang are there. So perhaps the Odos under TOS (Stranded Odo is there too), were accidentally put there in an attempt to get Trader Odo there? Just a thought.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
    TOS Anomaly
    1. Zhian'tara Odo (DS9)

Is this maybe a way of acknowledging that Curzon was technically around (and arguably did his most important word) during the era of the TOS movies? Of course, I would argue that at the very least he should be in both.

It's DB's game, so it's not like I get a vote in how they do anything, but I'd be wholly against it. I suspect (and hope) it's more likely just a tagging bug, like the others.
    Another tidbit to note, is that Trader Odo shows up under TOS, which would make sense, except none of the other Trials and Tribble-ations gang are there. So perhaps the Odos under TOS (Stranded Odo is there too), were accidentally put there in an attempt to get Trader Odo there? Just a thought.

Interesting. Trader Odo doesn't populate under TOS for me, but mine is active. I'm guessing yours is frozen and this is one of the myriad Unseen Unless Frozen bugs? I'd still prefer a stricter organizational system, but I'll grant that adding the "Trials and Tribble-ations" crew to the TOS group seems like a neat little Easter egg.
    TOS Anomaly
    1. Zhian'tara Odo (DS9)

It's DB's game, so it's not like I get a vote in how they do anything, but I'd be wholly against it. I suspect (and hope) it's more likely just a tagging bug, like the others.

Interesting. Trader Odo doesn't populate under TOS for me, but mine is active. I'm guessing yours is frozen and this is one of the myriad Unseen Unless Frozen bugs? I'd still prefer a stricter organizational system, but I'll grant that adding the "Trials and Tribble-ations" crew to the TOS group seems like a neat little Easter egg.

I agree Zhian'tara Odo shouldn't be under TOS, especially because we never actually met TOS-era Curzon.

But yeah, I'd like it if Trials and Tribble-ations is in both DS9 and TOS. Same with Ensign Tuvok being in VOY and TOS.

I don't have Trader Odo, so perhaps the bug is Unseen Unless Frozen or Not in Your Crew at All?

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

Lucien and Arex do.

Do you have them frozen? Mine are all active. It would appear to be the same bug that @RaraRacing has identified with DSC, if so.

FFFE Thelin is active. FFFE Arex is frozen. Don't have Lucien at all.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals

Lucien and Arex do.

FFFE Thelin is active. FFFE Arex is frozen. Don't have Lucien at all.

Another piece of the puzzle comes together! This corroborates @For Cardassia's speculation that what we have is an Unseen Unless Frozen or Not in Your Crew at All.

I have all three TAS crew. Commander Thelin is immortalized, Lieutenant Arex Na Eth is 2/4, and Lucien is 1/4. (Arex and Lucien are both FE/100). I suspect if I freeze Thelin, he would appear in my search results. However, I don't feel like spending 150 merits given the evidence already put together by the rest of you.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't, you should post in Engineering too that this only seems to work for frozen cards. Really handy feature when it works!
    Amphistaff wrote: »
    If you haven't, you should post in Engineering too that this only seems to work for frozen cards. Really handy feature when it works!

Done! Anyone who wants to make note of any buggy crew you find, here's the thread:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/4760/search-by-series-unseen-unless-frozen-or-not-in-your-crew-at-all-bug/

I've got a list of Disco crew I've identified who are wonky (it's one of the smallest pools, so it was an easy one to audit).
  • Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good idea
    It turns out that I wasn't very attentive last night. I saw some active crew (the ones who show up because either their name or trait includes the right string of characters) and mentally just kind of assumed that other active crew were also showing up. Either I was just oblivious last night or something was modified since then, because looking now, I have zero active crew populating with their series, except the aforementioned few instances where the search term is catching something else.

Is anyone seeing any active crew in their vault under a series search?
    It turns out that I wasn't very attentive last night. I saw some active crew (the ones who show up because either their name or trait includes the right string of characters) and mentally just kind of assumed that other active crew were also showing up. Either I was just oblivious last night or something was modified since then, because looking now, I have zero active crew populating with their series, except the aforementioned few instances where the search term is catching something else.

Is anyone seeing any active crew in their vault under a series search?

Nope, I just checked all series and no active crew shows up. That includes unfinished crew and immortalised active crew. The only ones I get to show up are frozen or unowned.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor