Home The Bridge

Happy First Contact day!!

2»

Comments

• For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    And let's never forget that Vulcans "kiss" by touching fingers...

8fau8s6zebcz.jpg

So when Zefram Cochrane went in for the handshake here...

7elgyq0mlue3.jpg

...he was basically making out with an alien he just met. And the Vulcan dude was totally down for that. So — Happy Make Out With An Alien Day, everybody!

I figured that was just why Mr. First Contact Vulcan looked so confused and disturbed by the whole handshake thing. For all he knew, he was about to get Cochrane pregnant or something.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <snipped for space>

I figured that was just why Mr. First Contact Vulcan looked so confused and disturbed by the whole handshake thing. For all he knew, he was about to get Cochrane pregnant or something.

The humans were apparently playing a game of kiss/marry/kill with the Vulcans — with Mirror Cochrane choosing the third option... which means that in some other alternate universe, Zef and Mr. First Contact Vulcan ended up getting hitched. <3 🖖

ax2pj88p77yg.gif

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

8fau8s6zebcz.jpg

So when Zefram Cochrane went in for the handshake here...

7elgyq0mlue3.jpg

...he was basically making out with an alien he just met. And the Vulcan dude was totally down for that. So — Happy Make Out With An Alien Day, everybody!

Ha! They must have found that most illogical

• Yateball wrote: »
    Still to this day the only thing I hate about First Contact.... https://media.giphy.com/media/xUKQ6dkac9qIU/giphy.gif

Oh and also the goof where they have Daniels say the Borg have taken decks 26-11 and later Picard tells Lily that the Enterprise only has 24 decks.... Steams me every time

Clearly certain superstitions have survived until the 24th century, and certain 'unlucky' deck numbers from various cultures have been skipped.
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    Still to this day the only thing I hate about First Contact.... https://media.giphy.com/media/xUKQ6dkac9qIU/giphy.gif

Oh and also the goof where they have Daniels say the Borg have taken decks 26-11 and later Picard tells Lily that the Enterprise only has 24 decks.... Steams me every time

Clearly certain superstitions have survived until the 24th century, and certain 'unlucky' deck numbers from various cultures have been skipped.

That would make a lot of sense actually.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Hunter247 wrote: »

That would make a lot of sense actually.

It would make as much sense as it does today, which is not much. Its just a number people.

Regardless, Memory Alpha does show the Galaxy class having a deck 13.
  • Zann Calcore (ISA)Zann Calcore (ISA) ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Yateball wrote: »

Maybe the Borg added on a couple of extra decks, you know, like a patio and a game room.

Oh, and really? I love that Star Trek part; I dunno why, just thought it was amusing that they actually put those two words in the movie, especially since it’s an accurate statement. Astronauts on a star trek.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you DB!
  • Nice special!!

More of these, please
    ~ seeking out new life