Home The Bridge

IDIC item drops

Happy Friday everyone!

I was wondering if anyone has noticed a lack of IDIC 2 star item dropping from the Federation shuttles in the event? Since the event began I have run a ton of shuttles and not one has dropped. Is this a glitch? bad luck? Or because it is a Vulcan event they decided to take it out to make it more difficult to level Vulcans?

Would love your input, thanks!

Comments

• For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also haven't had any drop yet, but that could easily be RNG. I've had similar things happen in the past.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are dropping. They're not dropping as much as I'd like. That makes it no different than any other time I'm trying to farm a faction item.
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    I have had a few drop (probably about three or four) but I have probably run about 30 shuttle missions.

I think it is just bad luck
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven’t paid close enough attention to my supply to say one way or the other. After leveling Katra McCoy, Sybil, and Sarek I went from 140ish to 80ish I don’t relish working on Surak but it will have to be done...
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel the same way. I was about to make the same comment. I believe I've had 3 drop. Since the event started I run lots of missions. I expect more to drop. Even in the cadet missions, I got 1 maybe 2. Something has got to change. Or maybe something did change.
  • They are dropping but you don't want to farm them this way. Use cadet challenges instead.
  • JMJM ✭✭
    I haven’t paid close enough attention to my supply to say one way or the other. After leveling Katra McCoy, Sybil, and Sarek I went from 140ish to 80ish I don’t relish working on Surak but it will have to be done...

140 to 80?! How do you save so many? I feel like every time I get them they get used right away
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I'm down 26 IDIC's but needed 37 so far. I did have a few Vulcan item's lying around which saved me 2-3. I have 33 left which won't be enough to level Spock on Monday but I'm hoping the game is generous.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »
    They are dropping. They're not dropping as much as I'd like. That makes it no different than any other time I'm trying to farm a faction item.
    This man speaks the truth.
  • JM wrote: »

Cadet missions...
    140 to 80?! How do you save so many? I feel like every time I get them they get used right away

Cadet missions...

Strange, forum software ignores post from time to time...

Do cadet missions, consistently.
  • [KM]Videm[KM]Videm ✭✭✭
    I had enough drop during the event to finish Sarek, but the rates are low and I'm concerned I won't have enough for hippy Spock on Monday.
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    JM wrote: »

Lots of Federation shuttle missions and not many Vulcan crew recently? I usually run other cadet missions for security codes and science experiments, so it’s not that. My guess is the fact that I haven’t had many Vulcans to level for a while. Before this week, Valeris was the only one for quite a while...I think Talos IV was my last one before her and he’s been out for months.
  • They are dropping, you're just using more than usual. Should have starting stocking up when you heard about the event.
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • JMJM ✭✭

Cadet missions...

Thanks Dark Matter...today I ran all 6 tickets for cadet challenges just to get those but not one dropped for me there either! I'm super unlucky I guess!
  • JMJM ✭✭
    They are dropping, you're just using more than usual. Should have starting stocking up when you heard about the event.

Thanks RNGeverything...all last weekend I was trying to stock up and I did have many drop but since the event started not one, hence my post, but glad to know they are dropping it's just my bad luck!

Cadet missions...

Thanks Dark Matter...today I ran all 6 tickets for cadet challenges just to get those but not one dropped for me there either! I'm super unlucky I guess!

That is why I said consistently. It's a key word here. You can stockpile hundreds of them this way, really.
  • They are dropping as usual for me. I think it's just more noticeable when you actually need them to drop.
  • Drone_oneDrone_one ✭✭✭
    Well for the past cpl of weeks, they are not dropping from Top Marks (Epic) cadet challenge as well. Have been running that for 2-weeks and not a single drop. Has anyone else noticed this or its just bad RNG.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is probably bad RNG. But I've noticed it, too. It is most likely perception, but still. I've been pushing hard for them the past two weeks and they simply haven't seemed to be dropping.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shuttle Faction items drop are poor. Add, that you have to be successful on top of that, and it will be hard to get the item your after. Use your replicator wisely if possible. Hard when not a lot are used for one item.

Cadet mission for IDIC** are poor too. But you can get lucky sometimes and get 6 on 6 tickets. But that is unusual.

That said, your best drop is the UF Flesh and Blood on epic.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy Friday everyone!

I was wondering if anyone has noticed a lack of IDIC 2 star item dropping from the Federation shuttles in the event? Since the event began I have run a ton of shuttles and not one has dropped. Is this a glitch? bad luck? Or because it is a Vulcan event they decided to take it out to make it more difficult to level Vulcans?

Would love your input, thanks!

I don't really notice what drops on the shuttles most days. Picked up a few again today from the Cadet Challenge, though.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Captain SushiCaptain Sushi ✭✭✭✭
    [VA] NATE wrote: »
    They are dropping, you just haven t noticed because you have been doing romulan shuttles for 3 weeks expecting this to be a romulan event not Vulcan. And by you I mean me.

That's exactly what I did.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I at least got the final Romulan collection reward in the process. (I have all in the Collection immortalized except Data) So the shuttles did have a benefit....
  • I have more problems with getting 3* Incenses than 2* IDICs. :)
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, none have dropped. Nor did any drop in the ex astris cadet missions for them either.
    Let’s fly!
  • I got my first one from this event today

SSR Noob
    Spoiler of spoils
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten two to drop since the event started. I farmed all of the ones I needed for Kolinahr Spock and Surak on cadet missions (Top Marks on epic).

I also noticed that only one 3* Starfleet Uniform Pattern has dropped since the event started. I'm getting lots of basic ancient films though, so it's not all bad.