Home The Bridge

Citation Question

Commander TuckerCommander Tucker ✭✭✭
edited April 2018 in The Bridge
If I have a FF Lursa, and I get a 3-star citation, can I use that to make the Duras sisters? Guessing no, but I've been waiting for weeks and I just can't get a B'Etor to drop. Still got Surak in overflow so I'm getting a little desperate.

EDITED TO ADD: In addition to the 3/3 Lursa, I have a 3/4 Duras sisters already at level 100 and fully equipped. So I've just been waiting on a single B'Etor to fuse all of these cards together and free up at least one slot.

Comments

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    U can use a citation to add a star to a crewmember u have but u cant use it to make one u dont. Surak is too good to let him disappear. Delete whoever u have to to get him on ur roster before time runs out. The lursa sisters combined card is weak at one star and only really useful in arena even at four stars. It will not help u appreciatively whereas surak has insanely good science stats.
    Let’s fly!
  • Oh I just need a single B'Etor to FF and freeze my Duras sisters. I will delete one of my 1/4 stars if I have to for Surak. But I get enough card-dilithium for a portal pull tomorrow so fingers crossed.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't believe you can substitute a citation for a B'Etor, but I also haven't tried it and I'm unaware of anyone else having tried it.
  • In that case it might be worth it to try...for science! If my portal pull tomorrow comes up empty (and nobody on here tells me definitively it won't work by then), I'll blow some honor on a 3-star citation. I have a 2/3 Jazz Riker fully equipped, so it won't be a total waste.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH if you get the Duras sisters you will still be in the same boat and have no space for Surak I would immortalise Lursa if you don't already have her in cryo. If you do have her in cryo, keep her and find some other lower less fused option blue/green to ditch you really should use the time now to work on Surak for the mega event but also because he is another awesome voyage crew to have.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Sorry, everyone, I don't think I explained it well. I have a 3/4 Duras sisters already fully equipped at level 100, in addition to the 3/3 Lursa. So if I can fuse Lursa into a 1/4 Duras sisters, then I can fuse that into my other one and free up a slot, possibly two depending on how the 4/4 fits into my crew.
  • TBH if you get the Duras sisters you will still be in the same boat and have no space for Surak

I assumed that OP has already a copy of the Duras Sisters (not fully fused) and therefore the newly-crafted Duras Sisters crew will be immediately fused, freeing a crew slot.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • FEwe2FEwe2 ✭✭
    TBH if you get the Duras sisters you will still be in the same boat and have no space for Surak

I assumed that OP has already a copy of the Duras Sisters (not fully fused) and therefore the newly-crafted Duras Sisters crew will be immediately fused, freeing a crew slot.

Well if OP gets the last card he needs, then he would simply free up a space by not having to have both a copy of the Duras Sisters AND the 3/3 Lursa. They wont actually need to freeze the Sisters straight away to have that extra slot
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    my bad thanks for the update yeah Jazz Riker may be a better option, Duras Sisters I hear can be quite useful in Arena, So you may not want to cryo them in any case, unless you have an alternative.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • RESULTS: As I said, I got enough dilithium for a portal pull today. No B'Etor, of course. Also no Jazz Riker, so my backup plan was still in play. And since it's just 4500 honor for a rare citation, it was worth the experiment. And the answer is, NO. You can't use a rare citation to fuse a 3/3 into a 1/4, presumably in the cases of both the Duras sisters and Tuvix.

But I did fully fuse and freeze my Jazz Riker and welcome Surak to my crew. And now we know for sure. Thanks for the discussion, y'all!
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    However you can use a 1/4 citation on the Duras Sisters for an additional star down the road.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for reporting on it.