Home Ready Room

*Assistance for Players* - Spreadsheets, Help Sites, Lists

Marko RamiusMarko Ramius ✭✭✭
edited March 2019 in Ready Room
"I would have told him anything. Anything at all. But more than that, I believed that I could see...five lights."
~Captain Picard ST:TNG Chain of Command

Link to my list of helpful spreadsheets, websites, threads, and help for all players!

ST:TNG Crew Addition Wish List:

Mariachi Q - Déjà Q Quote - But I feel like celebrating! - Thank You!
H.M.S. Pinafore Data - Insurrection Quote - And his fist be ever ready for a knockdown blow. - Thank You!
Rascal Picard/Guinan - Rascals Quote - I want to see my father!
Kivas Fajo - The Most Toys Quote - What a marvelous contradiction. A military pacifist!
Batai - The Inner Light Quote - This tree is our symbol. Our affirmation of life.
Irumodic Syndrome Picard - All Good Things Quote - You said it was earl grey. I'd swear it was darjeeling. - Thank You!
B-4 - Nemesis Quote - Why do you have a shiny head? - Thank You!
Zero G Worf - First Contact Quote - Assimilate this!

Comments

• IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    +1, sticky this, also recommend "best voyage options" thread.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • +1, sticky this, also recommend "best voyage options" thread.

Done. Thanks!
    "I would have told him anything. Anything at all. But more than that, I believed that I could see...five lights."

Link to my list of helpful spreadsheets, websites, threads, and help for all players!

H.M.S. Pinafore Data - Insurrection Quote - And his fist be ever ready for a knockdown blow. - Thank You!
    Kivas Fajo - The Most Toys Quote - What a marvelous contradiction. A military pacifist!
    Batai - The Inner Light Quote - This tree is our symbol. Our affirmation of life.
    Irumodic Syndrome Picard - All Good Things Quote - You said it was earl grey. I'd swear it was darjeeling. - Thank You!
  • Please add this super useful tool to the list:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/4964/tool-crew-management-desktop-tool-and-google-sheets-add-on

It may actually deserve its own category as it doesn't neatly fit in any of the existing ones.

It has features such as allowing you to search, sort, and export your crew and items, voyage crew recommendation, gauntlet odds, mission recommendations and node odds, and more.
  • Please add this super useful tool to the list:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/4964/tool-crew-management-desktop-tool-and-google-sheets-add-on

It may actually deserve its own category as it doesn't neatly fit in any of the existing ones.

It has features such as allowing you to search, sort, and export your crew and items, voyage crew recommendation, gauntlet odds, mission recommendations and node odds, and more.

Yeah this looks great. I think I'll be using this one a lot myself.

• Does anyone have the link to that Reddit list of most used and/or best Gauntlet characters?

Is anyone updating that?
  • Does anyone have the link to that Reddit list of most used and/or best Gauntlet characters?

Is anyone updating that?

There are several threads on reddit, but they are all sorely outdated. Better to use the lvl 100 spreadsheet in the links above.

• It's too bad my employer suppresses Google!
  • It's too bad my employer suppresses Google!

Most of the spreadsheets can be opened on your mobile. It might be inconvenient but if you need it right away it's not too bad. Or just check them out at home?

• If I want to left thise game (and Uninstall) then I will everything Lose, or can I to Sell ???? ... my Ships and Crew, my ID???
    (while make me No more fun, makes only Stress and Frustration.. :( )

I play sience 20 Month, Costs till now 15.000 $

.....I am at Level 63, I have every (42) Starships and 34 are at maximum Level, Crew Slots: 325, Crew 428, Immortalized: 237 ...
  • Marko RamiusMarko Ramius ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    MAEESTRO wrote: »
    If I want to left thise game (and Uninstall) then I will everything Lose, or can I to Sell ???? ... my Ships and Crew, my ID???
    (while make me No more fun, makes only Stress and Frustration.. :( )

I play sience 20 Month, Costs till now 15.000 $

.....I am at Level 63, I have every (42) Starships and 34 are at maximum Level, Crew Slots: 325, Crew 428, Immortalized: 237 ...

Sorry, there's no selling in game, but I suppose if you wanted to allow someone to use your email ID and password you could technically come to some sort of financial agreement with another person. Sort of takes the fun out of playing though wouldn't you say?

Otherwise you won't lose anything. It'll just stay the way it is if you decide to come back.

• Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I tried downloading the Do Not Airlock to Excel. It downloads; however, it keeps crashing my Excel when I try to save it. Anyone know why this keeps happening and what I can do to get it to save without crashing Excel? (btw, no, I don't want to use Google Sheets - I prefer Excel.)
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • I tried downloading the Do Not Airlock to Excel. It downloads; however, it keeps crashing my Excel when I try to save it. Anyone know why this keeps happening and what I can do to get it to save without crashing Excel? (btw, no, I don't want to use Google Sheets - I prefer Excel.)

Same - but on mobile, so not Excel. Tried several different spreadsheet apps with no luck, and the Google Sheets app is "incompatible" with my phone. My work blocks Google Drive-related sites so can't do anything with it there either :(
    I tried downloading the Do Not Airlock to Excel. It downloads; however, it keeps crashing my Excel when I try to save it. Anyone know why this keeps happening and what I can do to get it to save without crashing Excel? (btw, no, I don't want to use Google Sheets - I prefer Excel.)

Same - but on mobile, so not Excel. Tried several different spreadsheet apps with no luck, and the Google Sheets app is "incompatible" with my phone. My work blocks Google Drive-related sites so can't do anything with it there either :(

I was able to download, edit, and save to Excel the Lvl 100 crew sheets. I can view all the sheets on mobile and PC, but the problem is saving them.
  • The reason for it crashing is that it's a very formula heavy sheet, as it has to do calculations for each character based on the missions you've told it you completed. I have a top end iPad Pro, and it sometimes freezes my Sheets app when I go to it to make changes. So I'm not surprised that it's crashing, especially cross platform like that. I think it's just a lot of information in there that would better off being it's own app or database rather than a spreadsheet.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, Google Sheets and Excel are not always completely compatible, especially when formulae are involved.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
    The reason for it crashing is that it's a very formula heavy sheet, as it has to do calculations for each character based on the missions you've told it you completed. I have a top end iPad Pro, and it sometimes freezes my Sheets app when I go to it to make changes. So I'm not surprised that it's crashing, especially cross platform like that. I think it's just a lot of information in there that would better off being it's own app or database rather than a spreadsheet.

I never got to the phase of entering in my missions. I just downloaded it, opened it, hit Save As (...), then crash.

I agree that its way too large a file. Should be split up into multiple files.
  • Posting to try and unlock the forum! Finally found out you need to make some posts to be able to start a thread. Fairly new to the game so the info and spreadsheets useful.
  • Bonjour j'ai perdu ma progression niv 30
    Quelqu'un pourrais m'aider
  • Thanks for compiling all those useful sheets!
  • The Excel Sheet "Advice for Cadet Challenges " from Marko Ramius is password protected, so I can't enter own values. Anyone has this password?
  • I was surprised (happily) to see my voyage guide on the list :)

Has anyone done a list with the frequency of items needed in galaxy events? The spreadsheet above that breaks down each galaxy event is handy and I wondered if anyone had consolidated it into a combined list
  • Thanks for all these useful tips
  • Sorry for piggybacking on this but I can't actually start a new discussion so I have just tried to find something vaguely appropriate to ask this question in.

What are the requirements to start a new discussion? (You see the reason why I had to piggyback!)

I am new to the forums even though I have been playing the game for well over a year and I can't post on the forums until I have reached the required rank (?) or my account is old enough (?).

I can't find any indication of what these requirements are anywhere and would really like to get a recruiting post up for my fleet.

Can anyone give me some kind of idea on this?

Thanks.
    Cruikshanks [TBL]
    The Bovine League

"Leave bigotry in your quarters; there's no room for it on the bridge." James T. Kirk
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for piggybacking on this but I can't actually start a new discussion so I have just tried to find something vaguely appropriate to ask this question in.

What are the requirements to start a new discussion? (You see the reason why I had to piggyback!)

I am new to the forums even though I have been playing the game for well over a year and I can't post on the forums until I have reached the required rank (?) or my account is old enough (?).

I can't find any indication of what these requirements are anywhere and would really like to get a recruiting post up for my fleet.

Can anyone give me some kind of idea on this?

Thanks.

Questions of this type can be posted to this thread:
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/1508/cannot-create-a-thread-yet-but-have-an-issue-please-post-here#latest

But since you've already posted here — your assumptions are correct: you can't make a new post until your account is more than a few days old (which yours is, I just checked), and until you have reached a certain rank (denoted by the stars next to your username). This is done to prevent the kind of nasty problems we had with spammers on the previous iteration of the forum.

However, since you now have 2 stars, you should be able to post new discussions. If you still have problems, please either post to the thread I linked above, or send a PM to Shan, who is the moderator of this forum (you can find a link to her profile on many of the official announcements, for instance in the Starfleet Communications subforum).

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Data1001 wrote: »

Questions of this type can be posted to this thread:
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/1508/cannot-create-a-thread-yet-but-have-an-issue-please-post-here#latest

But since you've already posted here — your assumptions are correct: you can't make a new post until your account is more than a few days old (which yours is, I just checked), and until you have reached a certain rank (denoted by the stars next to your username). This is done to prevent the kind of nasty problems we had with spammers on the previous iteration of the forum.

However, since you now have 2 stars, you should be able to post new discussions. If you still have problems, please either post to the thread I linked above, or send a PM to Shan, who is the moderator of this forum (you can find a link to her profile on many of the official announcements, for instance in the Starfleet Communications subforum).

Thank you, Data1001- I seem to have stumbled my way through it, with the kind assistance of other forum users such as yourself.
    Cruikshanks [TBL]
    The Bovine League

"Leave bigotry in your quarters; there's no room for it on the bridge." James T. Kirk
  • Phate_HK wrote: »
    The Excel Sheet "Advice for Cadet Challenges " from Marko Ramius is password protected, so I can't enter own values. Anyone has this password?

If you download a copy, you can enter your own values

• "STT Level 100 Spreadsheet (Shuttles, Voyages, Gauntlet, Cadets) - Peachtree Rex, Zottex"

When clicking on the link, apparently this spreadsheet was deleted, is there a newer version or can someone paste a link to a copy of it please? Thanks.
  • Someone offered to take over maintaining the document and moved a copy elsewhere they have control over, with Peachtree's blessing I believe. Maybe Peachtree would be so gracious to update the link in the original post to this one:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zrObDH5UtTOfSm37pdMVmm7hwr2u6kMDgdWZpwfjON8/edit#gid=1942976
  • Someone offered to take over maintaining the document and moved a copy elsewhere they have control over, with Peachtree's blessing I believe. Maybe Peachtree would be so gracious to update the link in the original post to this one:

That was quick... Thank you!

• TemporalAgent7TemporalAgent7 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Since IAmPicard removed the Google add-on at the same time as his tool, I took his code and made a Google Spreadsheet with it: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18Q-X-kWhjdMSkq93g6TIWNKAusyGXSsGCxbyWBEGGZk/edit?usp=sharing

It's basically the same as the add-on, but embedded the scripts in the spreadsheet; you need to make a copy to see the add-on menu.

I think this is ok; it's using the APIs but read-only to load your data. If this is not ok, please remove it or let me know.

I don't plan on adding features to it; if someone wants to improve it, make a copy and go ahead.