Home Ready Room

Which Legendary Would You Immortalize - Guinan or Kahless?

IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
Suppose you have both Bartender Guinan and Kahless the Unforgettable at 1/5*. And since additional copies of each are no longer available, the only way to add more Stars to them is through Citations. Now further suppose you felt you could spare 200,000 Honor to Immortalize one of them - which one would you choose to make a 5/5*?

Comments

• Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guinan 100% everytime (I have her immortal already) but MED and DIP is more useful than CMD etc...

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    If these were the only two left on my crew to immortalize, I might pick Kahless. I’ve been loaded on MED crew for a while now and she would not be better than Crell Moset or Cornwell, while Kahless would beat my Borg Queen for #1 in COM.
  • bowdybowdy ✭✭✭
    I would immortalise Kahless. He's higher ranked for voyages than her, and is the highest ranked for voyages in his skill set, whereas guinan is 2nd in hers after Cornwell.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    bowdy wrote: »
    I would immortalise Kahless. He's higher ranked for voyages than her, and is the highest ranked for voyages in his skill set, whereas guinan is 2nd in hers after Cornwell.
    Fair point @bowdy - I'm not really missing him due to MirrorJeanLuc and Burnham both being immortal in my roster.

Jim

DB: Do Better
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did Kahless already, Guinan is up next.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would go Guinan. There are more crew with the skills of Khaless than the skills of Guinan.
  • Irial wrote: »
    Suppose you have both Bartender Guinan and Kahless the Unforgettable at 1/5*. And since additional copies of each are no longer available, the only way to add more Stars to them is through Citations. Now further suppose you felt you could spare 200,000 Honor to Immortalize one of them - which one would you choose to make a 5/5*?

If you do in fact plan on spending 200,000 honor to immortalize someone, I'd actually wait until you get Caretaker. His stats are a rarer combination than the others, and he's great for voyages.
    "I would have told him anything. Anything at all. But more than that, I believed that I could see...five lights."
    ~Captain Picard ST:TNG Chain of Command

Link to my list of helpful spreadsheets, websites, threads, and help for all players!

ST:TNG Crew Addition Wish List:

Mariachi Q - Déjà Q Quote - But I feel like celebrating! - Thank You!
    H.M.S. Pinafore Data - Insurrection Quote - And his fist be ever ready for a knockdown blow. - Thank You!
    Rascal Picard/Guinan - Rascals Quote - I want to see my father!
    Kivas Fajo - The Most Toys Quote - What a marvelous contradiction. A military pacifist!
    Batai - The Inner Light Quote - This tree is our symbol. Our affirmation of life.
    Irumodic Syndrome Picard - All Good Things Quote - You said it was earl grey. I'd swear it was darjeeling. - Thank You!
    B-4 - Nemesis Quote - Why do you have a shiny head? - Thank You!
    Zero G Worf - First Contact Quote - Assimilate this!
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irial wrote: »

If you do in fact plan on spending 200,000 honor to immortalize someone, I'd actually wait until you get Caretaker. His stats are a rarer combination than the others, and he's great for voyages.

The problem with "wait for Caretaker" is that you should probably wait until Caretaker rotates out of the gauntlet. It's not exactly unlikely that you'll get additional copies of him over the next 3-6 months that he is the Gauntlet reward.
  • IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    The problem with "wait for Caretaker" is that you should probably wait until Caretaker rotates out of the gauntlet. It's not exactly unlikely that you'll get additional copies of him over the next 3-6 months that he is the Gauntlet reward.

Yes, I am very fortunate to already have The Caretaker at 2/5*, and with more good luck will acquire additional copies via The Gauntlet.

Thanks to All for your feedback!
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    As always, it depends on the rest of your crew and where your own strengths and weaknesses lie. In my case, I've got solid command and (thanks to Adm. Cornwell) good medical. What I lack is a really outstanding engineer. I haven't been fortunate enough to pick up a Caretaker yet.

I've also got 200k honor to burn, and am debating putting it into one of these 1/5 engineers:
    • Assimilated La Forge
    • Romulan Data
    • Dress Uniform Scotty
    • Cadet Sylvia Tilly
    • Tempted Data
    • Mirror Data
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As always, it depends on the rest of your crew and where your own strengths and weaknesses lie. In my case, I've got solid command and (thanks to Adm. Cornwell) good medical. What I lack is a really outstanding engineer. I haven't been fortunate enough to pick up a Caretaker yet.

I've also got 200k honor to burn, and am debating putting it into one of these 1/5 engineers:
    • Assimilated La Forge
    • Romulan Data
    • Dress Uniform Scotty
    • Cadet Sylvia Tilly
    • Tempted Data
    • Mirror Data

Romulan Data kicks butt. So much so, that I have a 2nd copy of him (only 2/5 right now), but still occasionally put it to use. But he makes it on most of my Voyages, and many of my shuttles.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • edited April 2018
    Data1001 wrote: »

• Assimilated La Forge
    • Romulan Data
    • Dress Uniform Scotty
    • Cadet Sylvia Tilly
    • Tempted Data
    • Mirror Data

Romulan Data kicks butt. So much so, that I have a 2nd copy of him (only 2/5 right now), but still occasionally put it to use. But he makes it on most of my Voyages, and many of my shuttles.

Wow...i also have a ff/fe Romulan Data and a 2/5 second copy (which i have yet to fully equip), he is good indeed...and he used to be my best engineer and id debate whether to put him on my voyage or shuttles...But one day that all changed!!
    1x8mosa44vsr.png
    BAM! I can reserve Romulan Data for my shuttles and send this Engineer on all my voyages...once the mega event is done of course.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't afford to splurge on Khaless, so it's Guinan - i'm working on her now and hopefully by the end of today I will have her 3/5 and then I need to time how quickly I can get another 50k in honor. I know it's roughly a month but considering it's going to be tight to FF her before next mega event and have a citation spare for the next mega event legendary. It will be interesting how quickly I can accumulate the honor.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO