Home Make It So!
Options

Collection Idea: The Niners

JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2018 in Make It So!
Part of this collection would be:

Niners Benjamin Sisko (Existing) - Legendary (New Audio: "Keep your EYES on da BALL!" and "Come on, let's play some BASEBALL!" and "This is my game ... MY ... GAME!!")
Umpire Odo (Existing) - Legendary (New Audio: "Striiiiiike Threeee!" and "Youuu're ouuuuta heeeere!" and "Play Baaaaall!")
Niners Kira Nerys (Existing) - Super Rare (New Audio: "What is a high fly?!")
Niners Rom (Existing) - Super Rare (New Audio: "What is a ... bunt?")
Niners Ezri Dax (New) - Uncommon ... First Ever Uncommon Ezri
Niners Miles O'Brien (New) - Uncommon ... First Ever Uncommon O'Brien
Niners Quark (New) - Uncommon ... First Ever Uncommon Quark
Niners Leeta (New) - Rare ... Second Leeta Overall
Niners Julian Bashir (New) - Super Rare (New Audio: "Now THAT IS a fancy dan!")
Niners Jake Sisko (New) - Super Rare
Niners Worf (New) - Rare ... First Ever Rare Worf (New Audio: "Death to the opposition!")
Niners Kasidy Yates (New) - Super Rare ... Second Kasidy Overall (Only)

If I forgot someone, please forgive me, it's a huge team. :D
"Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")

Comments

• Options
    This seems like a natural fit. I would not be surprised at all to see it happen.
  • Options
    RogaDanarRogaDanar ✭✭✭
    We do need an uncommon medical cadet that covers all the missions so I especially am on board with the Ezri Dax as long as her medical is high enough!
  • Options
    RogaDanarRogaDanar ✭✭✭
    and adding some lower level characters for other collections makes some of the collections more feasible for none-whales.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    The 2* Ezri should get MED, CMD and SEC (for baseball skillz). I'd be totally fine with that. Sumfin around 330 (30-100) MED, 220 (60-120) CMD and 160 (40-80) SEC ... that would be cute. Traits beside usual ones for Ezri: Athlete
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes yes and YES

Also Niners Kassidy Yates, as she filled in for O'Brien after he got hurt....
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I knew I forgot sumbuddy ... will add Kasidy. :)
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love everything about this list and the only thing I have to add is the too-cute suggestion that the milestone thresholds for completion be set at 3 (strikes/outs), 4 (balls), and 9 (defenders on the field/innings).
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    That's a good idea, so you wouldn't need all of them (would be good if players didn't get Legendary Sisko and/or Odo to immortal state). Edit: Added audio suggestions for existing and new cards.
  • Options
    That would be simply superb. I love DS9 and I also happen to love that episode. I get the feeling that a lot of fans rag on that episode a lot, but I love it. It’s a fun break from the war and all the chaos and seriousness that’s usually going on, and it was all about a character’s favorite game. It further expanded Ben’s background and just overall made him more real, especially with how seriously he took the game at first. Great idea.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    It's not baseball-centric, but I would adore for Niners Ezri to have the sound clip from the end of that episode asking, "Did I forget to wear my spots today?" That speaks to the core of what makes baseball and Star Trek both great: the coming together of people from entirely different backgrounds to work together, especially if it involves thumbing their nose at a jerk like Solok. Others:

Bashir: "To manufactured triumphs!"
    Ezri: "I can't believe this. I used to be an athlete."
    Leeta "You don't kick the ball. Do you?"
    O'Brien: "What are you standing around for?"
    Quark: "I don't have the slightest interest in this human game."
    Rom: "I got it, I got it, I got it!" and "Today I'm going to hit the ball. You just watch."

Also, I want a Logicians Solok. The only quote I can think of is, "You are attempting to manufacture a triumph where none exists". That's probably a bit long for a sound clip, though. He definitely needs to have the Villain trait, in any event!
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like your audio quotes! Logicians (or just Captain) Solok would be fun, yes. :)
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't Quark do a lil emphasis on that quote to go more "hoo-man"?

I really need to rewatch this ep after I get my DVR cleared.

Someone, maybe Jake, needs a "Hey batta batta"

Ok this is more off the reservation, but I'd also like to see some of these folks in their practice clothes. Sisko wearing his Giants cap and Jake with his Braves :)

• Options
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Didn't Quark do a lil emphasis on that quote to go more "hoo-man"?

I really need to rewatch this ep after I get my DVR cleared.

Someone, maybe Jake, needs a "Hey batta batta"

Ok this is more off the reservation, but I'd also like to see some of these folks in their practice clothes. Sisko wearing his Giants cap and Jake with his Braves :)

igxn96fc12ln.jpg