Home The Bridge
Options

So now that you guys know what the ACTUAL drop rates for crew are...

{DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
...are you MORE or LESS likely to buy packs?

So now that you guys know what the ACTUAL drop rates for crew are... 115 votes

I'm MORE likely to buy packs.
6%
[CAB595] Emrys Myrddint<G>e  RoonisSunshineRikerGhostStalkerThurthoradThe Cake is a Lie<TGE> Clifford 7 votes
I'm LESS likely to buy packs.
22%
uss_bonaventureCaptainUnderpantsV.eXo | das411JhamelGeneral McDuckAntasilRennJaxo[BL] Q FutureImperfectaTcalsexy_ladyArt0rius[Retired] BeamMeUpScottie[Deleted User]Siegfried [CFOH] BearcatCapt. Pete OwenNoelHMr. Wes Esq. 26 votes
OTHER.
71%
Astrometrics[RotP]Ran Airen[DC] Principia<TGE> DangerDrakeAviTrekCaptain_Who/SSR/ Captain S'logZ•A•P•P ©™[KM]VidemSSR BarkleySabine of Athens[NDQ] Joker41NAMProsserRocpileMordack[NDQ] ThunderDropMagisse[DB:Do Better] More Tranya![TUFG] SiguardIvanstone 82 votes

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OTHER.
    Won’t change anything for me
  • Options
    OTHER.
    I'm out of dil, I haven't bought a monthly card since last fall, and I'm a long ways off until my next immortalization reward, so I guess my answer is technically "neither more likely nor less likely".
  • Options
    OTHER.
    I will still buy event packs. As long as I only have 1 4* FF.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    OTHER.
    Kinda the same right now. Mostly due to having too many of the 4s that are in standard packs.

It may make me more likely to buy event packs, however, but not the standard packs nor the themed packs (unless they do all new crew for a themed pack)
  • Options
    If you have multiple crews, i am interested to know how they determine the drop rate and not screwing us up with the duplicates.

At the end, i would say the number means nothing....

It is a gamble and for all we know the drop rate is bloated 1000x
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    OTHER.
    I mostly buy just faction event packs when I don't already have at least 1 copy of the threshold reward 4*.

I will still occasionally purchasing a good 10x10 or 15x10 deal every now and then. Ironically I liked them better before all the newer crew were added, since I only joined the game 15 months ago and need more of the older 4* crew as opposed to the newer 4* crew.
  • Options
    OTHER.
    Just became official what many already knew from opening packs
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    I'm f2p. They would have to pay me to open these packs.
  • Options
    OTHER.
    For me, it probably won't change anything. I almost never buy event packs anyway, although I still occasionally take a chance if I need ALL the guaranteed crew. However, if I'd had this information when I was new and spent hundreds of dollars on regular packs, I would've saved myself a ton of money. I think it will save a lot of newbs from making the same mistake I made, and I think that's a good thing.
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    OTHER.
    they are what we thought they were
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    OTHER.
    I suspect a month from now we're going to see a miraculous boost to these percentages, because I DO think it's going to impact sales.
  • Options
    Ok, so now I know that getting the only fully fused character I have in a pack 5 times in a row isn't due to how pack percentages are coded, it is just because the universe is against me and wants me dead.

Thanks for destroying all my illusions in life, devs.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    OTHER.
    I'm just waiting to see what they post for the Worst Chance packs.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    OTHER.
    Ok, so now I know that getting the only fully fused character I have in a pack 5 times in a row isn't due to how pack percentages are coded, it is just because the universe is against me and wants me dead.

Thanks for destroying all my illusions in life, devs.

I especially like the packs with 3 of the same 3* character in a single 10x premium pull.
  • Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I'm just waiting to see what they post for the Worst Chance packs.

Yeah, that is going to be very interesting. What is the current language on the Worst chance ship pack?
  • Options
    OTHER.
    Not bought one in a two years and not going to buy any.

So I'm not going to buy neither more nor less. I'm going to buy the same amount.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Options
    P-RexP-Rex ✭✭
    OTHER.
    Doesn't really make the slightest bit of difference. You decide to pick up a pack, and it is your luck at that time, on that day, what you get. Knowing the odds doesn't make it any more or less likely that you will beat them. And since they are around what was suspected, then really, it's still just blind luck on that day at that time, for you.
    I am well aware i am less likely to get a gold and always have been aware of it, BUT i have still got plenty of them. So for me personally it changes nothing.
    (Actually, maybe i appreciate the 1/5's i have a little more now?)
  • Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will likely buy more for the simple reason that the drop rate of legendaries is higher than I thought it was, and because I want to reward the change (even if it was forced). I am intrigued to see the drop rates on the Worst Chance packs. If they are not properly transparent and let us know what the odds of the featured drop are, then my opinion will turn sharply in the other direction.
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    OTHER.
    I picked Other. Less likely but as a combination of reasons. The lack of crew slots combined with seeing the percentages (that we already had guessed) in your face instead of in the back of your head. The percentages would have to increase greatly (for Legendary) to entice me to purchase regularly.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    OTHER.
    Won't change anything for me but it's good to get some transparency and long overdue imho
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    OTHER.
    Maybe I'll go easy on merit packs from now on, but besides that the percentages are no real surprise.
  • Options
    MirrorMartiganMirrorMartigan ✭✭✭✭
    OTHER.
    Hasn't changed my opinion on the matter at all.
  • Options
    [DC] Principia[DC] Principia ✭✭✭✭
    OTHER.
    It doesn't change it for me, but it does mean that I will be keeping an eye out for any variances in the odds for upcoming packs.
  • Options
    OTHER.
    I will still play the game as I used to.
  • Options
    OTHER.
    For me that will depend...on what the drop rates are.
  • Options
    MordackMordack ✭✭✭
    OTHER.
    It won't change anything for me. I have a rule where I don't buy a pack where I can't use any of the characters.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, do you suppose these are being posted to conform with Apple's new requirements for apps in their app store? I can't imagine they would have done so otherwise.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    OTHER.
    Data1001 wrote: »
    So, do you suppose these are being posted to conform with Apple's new requirements for apps in their app store? I can't imagine they would have done so otherwise.

I absolutely think that's the case.
  • Options
    [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    OTHER.
    It's good for transparency, but tbh I have a budget and stick to it. If the rates were vastly different to what I assumed, or heard, I might change my play but as it is, it's pretty much what I expected and possibly even better than my pessimistic calculations had conceived.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/