Home The Bridge
Options

So now that you guys know what the ACTUAL drop rates for crew are...

2»

Comments

• Options
    I'm LESS likely to buy packs.
    Thurthorad wrote: »
    I will likely buy more for the simple reason that the drop rate of legendaries is higher than I thought it was, and because I want to reward the change (even if it was forced). I am intrigued to see the drop rates on the Worst Chance packs. If they are not properly transparent and let us know what the odds of the featured drop are, then my opinion will turn sharply in the other direction.

I doubt the 1% number. Db needs to show us how they get that number
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭

That would require access to the code.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I won't vote until Tuesday, since I'm exclusively playing on mobile iOS. From the comments, sounds like it's anti-climactic info, so I suppose my ongoing ignorance won't hurt me. :/
  • Options
    Dralix wrote: »

That would require access to the code.

Many players can read code so we can be the judge :smile:

Otherwise they can put 10% and it is actually only 0.1%
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    OTHER.
    I buy event packs when appropriate (ie not the current event).

I buy special offers when the odds of getting a new crew are in my favour (ie not Vulcan Rage or Call For Backup).

The odds of getting a 5* were slightly higher than I thought. I'd still like to know how 10-pack 4* drops are calculated.

Bonus/Event packs obviously always have a featured character in the first slot. Its the coin toss of Premium packs that I wonder about. Its either a single pull in the first slot or a behold in the last slot. I don't think I've ever seen a premium pull drop a behold in slots 2-9 with slots 1 and 10 having a 3* or schematics.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭

They won't give access to the code. Besides, if you don't trust what they post, why would you trust what they claim is the code?
  • Options
    Dralix wrote: »

They won't give access to the code. Besides, if you don't trust what they post, why would you trust what they claim is the code?

Hmmm... good point.... interesting dilemma.... I need to check my wiki for the right answer. :)

But i wish there is a good way for Apple/Google or whoever to verify this number. But at the end of the day, buying card packs like gambling regardless of the drop rate
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    OTHER.
    Honestly not much difference for me. I'm not F2P but I'm not a big spender, so there's no way I'm ever drawing enough packs in a short space for the percentages to start telling, versus just random chance being nice or screwing me. I mostly go for event packs or other limited-crew packs, because whatever the odds are I know it'll be one of those few crew - if there's one of them I already have FF, I know I could be throwing my dilithium away, and I only buy if I can just shrug and move on without being upset when that happens.
  • Options
    OTHER.
    Well, the rates are not different from the ones that circulated before. In fact, those were quite accurate.;)
    Interested in being part of the TLA fun?
  • Options
    AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    It will be very interesting to know the odds on a 10-pack for dilithium. As most of you know, buying a 10pack can result in 2 things:

1. You get a 3star or ship schematic on the first box. The subsequent boxes can then be 3star or ship schematics and only the last box is a behold (very rarely you get 2 beholds at the end, but it has been ages since I've seen that.
    2. you get a 4star on the first box. All of the subsequent boxes are then 3star or ship schematic only.

In short, 10 packs are vastly different from single packs. So it will be interesting to see what the odds should be.
  • Options
    OTHER.
    No change. Don't use dil to buy packs anyhow, and have specific "rules" on when I buy packs with credits/merits.
  • Options
    OTHER.
    Sadly, DB's poor system of drops already lost me as a customer. Not coming back. F2P
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    OTHER.
    Since I only have 16 Purples left to get (and I airlocked many of those when I originally had them, but out of slots to keep them), I am only buying packs to add *s now, so buying will be few & far between, since I seem to keep getting needed new purples & lots of fuseables via Voyages.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
    OTHER.
    I’ll still purchase event packs, but only if I have none of the crew immortalized. Nothing worse than using hard earned dil to get a duplicate.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OTHER.
    Antasil wrote: »
    It will be very interesting to know the odds on a 10-pack for dilithium. As most of you know, buying a 10pack can result in 2 things:

1. You get a 3star or ship schematic on the first box. The subsequent boxes can then be 3star or ship schematics and only the last box is a behold (very rarely you get 2 beholds at the end, but it has been ages since I've seen that.
    2. you get a 4star on the first box. All of the subsequent boxes are then 3star or ship schematic only.

In short, 10 packs are vastly different from single packs. So it will be interesting to see what the odds should be.

This is why I don’t understand how some are saying the legendary chances are for each slot. If you get a legendary you get it at the end. Now sometimes you get two or even three beholds at the end but the only time I ever got one in the top row is if it’s an event pack

• Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a bit less likely,
    I've thought the odds were pretty bad before and this confirms it. As much as I joked about a StarBase room that boosts odds, I actually think it would be a good idea. Or as a VIP perk.. or.. anything. I understand that Legendarys are the "ultimate" prize in the game but they don't give the ultimate power that an ultimate prize should, thus they're drop rate and cost are disproportionate to the benefits yeilded.

• Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm MORE likely to buy packs.
    Course I just bought an event pack to get Keras and ended up with the 5* Vreenak. I didn't want him!