Home The Bridge
Options

Tired of the dishonest rolls in these events...

Comments

• Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I did the (actual) math and I came up with the conclusion that you need at least 4 copies of the weekly Event 5* (one per shuttle) +as many of the Event 4*/5*s you can muster to get through all the faction shuttles unscathed.

I'm doing a lot better with less, but Ok....show the math please?
  • Options
    Nerfball6 wrote: »
    I've been dismayed by the high number of fails this event as well. I just had 3 out of 4 fail, three were all in the mid 90s except for one wich was at 88.

You should pass 4/4 missions at 95%/95%/95%/88% about 75% of the time. Failing one of those missions is hardly a rare event to gripe about.

I failed three out of four. Maybe I wasn't clear.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been dismayed by the high number of fails this event as well. I just had 3 out of 4 fail, three were all in the mid 90s except for one wich was at 88.

You should pass 4/4 missions at 95%/95%/95%/88% about 75% of the time. Failing one of those missions is hardly a rare event to gripe about.

You were clear, I misread. Carry on with your torches and pitchforks.
  • Options

Uh, he *failed* 3 out of 4, not failed 1 out of 4...
  • Options

Yes, because bringing this up equates to torches and pitchforks.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭

A gathering of frustrated/angry people. Seems like an accurate characterization to me. /shrug. Don't take things too seriously.
  • Options
    Just finished 4 more. 2 0

A gathering of frustrated/angry people. Seems like an accurate characterization to me. /shrug. Don't take things too seriously.

Pot meet kettle.

• Options
    Dear Disruptor Beam Team

It would appear that the current faction event has got some problems.
    Firstly when opening a shuttle mission, the system closes and refreshes, thus making it seem as if no mission had been opened.
    Secondly, when sending out shuttles with a 99% chance of success, I am baffled as to why they return as failed.
    Lastly, yesterday as the event began, I found myself without fleet and squad. I was forced to reboot the game several times in order to re-establish my settings. I know that this was not an anomaly as it happened to many people in my fleet; we are on a variety of platforms and devices.
    Please Disruptor Beam, either recall the event or compensate those effected, as it is no fair nor just that we the gamers are inconvenienced or punished because of programming errors.
    I will keep sending reports and request until remedial action is taken.
  • Options
    [TFA] Celeres[TFA] Celeres ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I think I’ve had maybe one 4/4 return this event on 3 hour shuttles. Otherwise I always fail one or two. It seems particularly skewed this event. That the displayed rates are the equivalent of “Objects in Mirror are closer than they appear” is not new, though I’m definitely feeling it more than usual. What gives.
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Counterpoint - I just recorded my second fail for the entire event. I am making sure that I match both skills in AND slots.
  • Options
    I normally have some bad and good sections but this event I have already had 12 95%+ (8x 98/99% and 4x 95-97%) that failed.... seems ridiculous. Actually, it seems statistically unreal but somehow I guess someone will tell me how this is really normal.
    "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that"
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    The odds are weird. I failed lots last faction event and yet this one I havent failed one yet.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hehe i jinxed myself and lost a shuttle mission right after I wrote that I hadnt failed any.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    UlrikkUlrikk ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Hey cool, sent 4 overnights all at 95% or higher, only 1 succeeded. I'm having fun! Dropped from 3500 missions to 2750. Good thing I don't care about getting any of the characters this event.
  • Options
    I’ve had three of my 99% missions fail so far but otherwise nothing unusual on my end of things.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    My single data point: one failure in this event.
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »
    Counterpoint - I just recorded my second fail for the entire event. I am making sure that I match both skills in AND slots.

Do this with bonus crew. Ignore the percentages. Win.
  • Options
    Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Embrace your inner shuttle pilot “error” and accept the inevitable... a shaky start for me with failures every run from 2250-3500... despite displayed 99% across the board (a touch lower at 3500). Then failed 2/4 overnight boosted shuttles at 4K... so all I can say is...

l6difilbu9ol.gif
  • Options
    I have had a few fail in the 90% range. then over night had 4 success, which surprised me as one was about 60%.
  • Options
    Dralix wrote: »

Do this with bonus crew. Ignore the percentages. Win.

Which is exactly what people are complaining about, the % should be accurate or what's the point of even having it?
  • Options
    Hmmm...seems im one of the few who have had only one failure...also ive done eight 4,000 VP shuttles, all have succeeded with only using 3 star boosters.
  • Options
    Dark MatterDark Matter ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018

You clearly misread his comment Unnecessary comment removed. ˜Shan. Don't take things too lightly.
  • Options
    RemisRemis ✭✭
    Well at least im not alone at failing 90%+ shuttle missions. Started to think the game just hated me. Hope it gets better for everyone though.
  • Options
    Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    ee7vve1n9ayt.gif
    Ignore all previous comments, it is working as intended.
  • Options
    The day before the event, I sent out four 0% faction missions, each a different faction. Three were successes.

Prior to that, two of the factions closest to getting below 3 hour missions had succeeded on two previous 0% runs.

0% missions succeed close to 25% of the time from what I've observed.
  • Options
    The cake is a lie.
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    ee7vve1n9ayt.gif
    Ignore all previous comments, it is working as intended.

All hail Hypnotoad.
  • Options
    Boxy McBoxfaceBoxy McBoxface ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Not sure why you're all complaining, I'm having a better run than normal...
    OVERALL TB 3* 9H
    4k Total runs 65 32 20 13
    Expected pass rate 93% 92% 95% 93%
    Actual Pass rate 98% 100% 100% 92%
    +/- +5% +8% +5% -1%

edit: stupid forum doesn't like tabs or multiple spaces
    basically, I'm up 5% on where I should be after 65 4k runs

SSR Noob
    Spoiler of spoils
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why you're all complaining, I'm having a better run than normal...

edit: stupid forum doesn't like tabs or multiple spaces
    basically, I'm up 5% on where I should be after 65 4k runs

Boxy, Could you confirm which shuttles/crew combos you are using? I had terrible luck when using crew that had the second stat of AND shuttles, when I switched to using the first stat in AND shuttles, my percentages shot up to 91%

It would be really informative to know what you ran.
  • Options
    Boxy McBoxfaceBoxy McBoxface ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    here's my current breakdown Tb = time boosted, 3* = stat boost, 9H = 9 hour loot boost
    edit: *p/*f is pass or fail
    smbsxxssoru4.png

SSR Noob
    Spoiler of spoils