Home The Bridge
Options

What your longest gauntlet streak without any merit refresh?

edited April 2018 in The Bridge
In the past week or month... ignoring the first 4-8 hour of gauntlet, what's your longest winning streak without any merit refresh?

Edit (2018/04/223):

When you have all 5 crews at full power, and your rank is top 50 or higher, how many winning streaks can you get without any merit refresh?

IOS has video recording capability so please upload in youtube and brag about your streak

Please don't include the first 4-8 hours.
And if you are brave enough show this can be done for the last 4 hours of gauntlet.

What your longest gauntlet streak without any merit refresh? 39 votes

5%
Capt AjammMirrorMartigan 2 votes
2-3
0%
3-6
28%
Vice Admiral StarfishOdo MarmarosaJERI RYAN[STFL] TheHell2Earth[Retired] BeamMeUpScottieCapt. Pete OwenZenthaneXrobownageTP:ToPetter ~SE~PrimusCapn Penguinsagima 11 votes
6??? I can do more than that and below is the proof
66%
Captain_Who William T. Riker[QH] OxmyxJim Raynor[TLA]  84wb[CAB595] Emrys MyrddinPallidyneIrial[SSR]TrollhammerenHungry Dog DDMDittoal103Tcal[SSR] Malcolm Reynolds[Deleted User]Gib - Admiral MarinersSST - 9of7Shy KhanDavideBooksDirk Gunderson 26 votes

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2018
    I dont know about merits, but i do know that the best streak i got without using dil was the full 25
    k2mb6nkrj2lk.png
    d0felqojpzdh.png
    And as i recall it only took less than 10 merit refreshes too but that was a month ago so dont quote me
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    No proof, but I do around 10-12... at the start of gauntlet after waiting for 3-4 hours. After that merits are required to get anything longer than 4, usually even less.

Did 14 without any merits at the end of the gauntlet once... after I overslept and was in 100s.
  • Options
    Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Gauntlet hates me, although i was completely flabbergasted to get 3 caretakers in one weekend.

Edit: 1 guinan, 0 locutus

Perhaps i should have said ' that's *why* i was completely flabbergasted....'
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    Capt Ajamm wrote: »
    Gauntlet hates me, although i was completely flabbergasted to get 3 caretakers in one weekend.
    You call that hate? Spending merits with Caretakers >>>>> non-merit streaks that don't give anything major.
  • Options
    No proof, but I have done at leas 1 streak of over 20.
  • Options
    I routinely do streaks of 30+ with no merit refresh.

At least, I did when Guinan was the reward and I already had 4 so winning another wasn’t my prime concern.

Now that I’m at 1/5 on the caretaker and want a few more stars with him, I’m merit refreshing to get weaker opponents and get longer streaks.
  • Options
    No proof, but I tend to to a streak of three or four then wait for the cool down timers to refresh before doing another round etc. Now if you meant without merit or cool down then I'm at the 3-6 level.
    Cymru am byth
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    3-6
    Never kept track of streaks-without-refreshes before. Tried it this morning and got 4.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    No proof but if I get lucky on timing my gauntlet I can see 10 or so.
  • Options
    DittoDitto ✭✭✭
    no proof at moment .. (don't think anyone can - since you can't tell if they used merit refresh or not .)

but at start of gauntlet .. I generally make 10-20 easy .. sometimes 20-30 if I get lucky.

It's later in the gauntlet that starts getting tricky . ;)
  • Options
    Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    No proof, but 14. Normally I get between 8-10 at the beginning of any given gauntlet. I usually don't start until the end of the joining time and I always go for the lowest amount of points possible to keep my rank as low as possible. This let's me continue go up against the weakest players and keep my streak as long as possible.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t take screenshots of my gauntlet streaks but I've hit 13 or 14 in the first few hours and think I got to 11 or 12 once after that time. As a rule, I never use dil to refresh tired crew and have only infrequently used merit refreshes because I prefer to have a net gain in merits rather than lose them in the gauntlet.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    6?!! That's the highwater mark? That's nothing, that's routine. I probably seldom go over 10 without a refresh, but half of that is just so I can keep picking on 10-20 point people to keep my streaks up.

I typically go 24 on 6-10 refreshes. I almost never refresh twice in a row during my streaks. Gauntlet doesn't hate me though. Only 2 Locutus, but FF Guinan with change and 3 Caretakers so far. And between Kahless, Picard, Spock, Seven, and now Surak, I don't get a lot of variety in my picks. Now the likes of Geordi, Nechayev, and Phloix never see any action.

Ironically, just picking on the little guys, a pair of 20 streaks still leaves you ranked in the 30s, and it becomes pretty easy to hit 11-15 (actively avoiding 5-10) just by switching to points for the last couple rounds of a gauntlet.

Edit:
    OK, got to 6, but my next opponent is 85 points, if I refresh for a low point opponent, does it count? screenshots on the phone, don't feel like transferring now . . .
  • Options
    3-6
    Edit:
    OK, got to 6, but my next opponent is 85 points, if I refresh for a low point opponent, does it count? screenshots on the phone, don't feel like transferring now . . .

No. if you refresh using merit then it doesn't count :)
    the poll is for streak without any merit refresh
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did 17 without a merit fresher this am.
  • Options
    3-6
    Pallidyne wrote: »

Honestly it is hard for me to believe that...
    If you can, then it must be only certain number users got screwed up.
    Just now at rank 40, I could only do 4 streak before I got opponents without matching good trait (and I need to refresh).

STT has a built in video recorder.
    Can people upload their video showing that in top50 or maybe top30 that they can do 6+ streaks?
    I'm interested to see that
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did a 27 streak once and then refreshed the merits to get a 28. That was over the course of two days. I played the weakest crew for the lowest points possible. That gets me over a dozen in the first 20 minutes. Then when I hit a wall, I just wait 4 hours for my crew to refresh and for me to drop a bunch of places. Then my streak continues. Usually I don't go more than 9 or so. But it is possible if you don't care for points and you are willing to wait even when some crew are not used.

Still haven't received any bonus crew. :(
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

Just now at rank 40, I could only do 4 streak before I got opponents without matching good trait (and I need to refresh).

Can people upload their video showing that in top50 or maybe top30 that they can do 6+ streaks?

If you time your gauntlet join right then you can usually hit fairly weak opponents to start with.
    After streaks like that i usually don't go above 6 for the rest of the gauntlet.

Where is this supposed built in video recorder?
  • Options
    Can usually get to twelve easily when first launching a Gauntlet, think I've got twenty-one. Depends upon competition. No proof though.
  • Options
    3-6
    Can usually get to twelve easily when first launching a Gauntlet, think I've got twenty-one. Depends upon competition. No proof though.

The question is to exclude the first 8hr of gauntlet. Also if possible only include the stats when you are in top 50 or better.
  • Options
    3-6

If you time your gauntlet join right then you can usually hit fairly weak opponents to start with.
    After streaks like that i usually don't go above 6 for the rest of the gauntlet.

I am only interested when you are in the top 50 and exclude the first 8hr.
    The recorder is in one on the menu top right. Click that and choose video.
  • Options

The question is to exclude the first 8hr of gauntlet. Also if possible only include the stats when you are in top 50 or better.

I didn't realize that. In that case, probably a dozen at one point, but hitting 9 is hard. I hit 6 regularly if I really try and don't care about score.
  • Options

I am only interested when you are in the top 50 and exclude the first 8hr.
    The recorder is in one on the menu top right. Click that and choose video.

Not on my device (Android).

What are you playing on?
  • Options
    3-6
    Not on my device (Android).

What are you playing on?

I am using IOS. This has been there since I play the game I think.m24fqsx61s8r.jpg

• Options
    On Android that is the settings button. Contact support is where your settings button is. I have Google Play Games where your Contact Support is. No video available.
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was at #1 in my current gauntlet with a 17 streak before I finally dropped merits to keep it going. Up until that point I had been redshirting my way through the current gauntlet, as I'm trying to replenish merits. I wasn't even chasing #1. I was chasing a streak and suddenly realized I was in #1. My streak is now at 27 but I think I've dropped about 200 merits. I've got 3:34 left until it ends.
  • Options
    I did a 27 streak once and then refreshed the merits to get a 28. That was over the course of two days. I played the weakest crew for the lowest points possible. That gets me over a dozen in the first 20 minutes. Then when I hit a wall, I just wait 4 hours for my crew to refresh and for me to drop a bunch of places. Then my streak continues. Usually I don't go more than 9 or so. But it is possible if you don't care for points and you are willing to wait even when some crew are not used.

Long streaks aren’t necessarily the key. I got both Locutus and my first star on Guinan on nine-win streaks (the second star on Guinan came from an end-of-gauntlet reward) and both stars on my Banjoman came on three-win streaks.
  • Options
    I was at #1 in my current gauntlet with a 17 streak before I finally dropped merits to keep it going. Up until that point I had been redshirting my way through the current gauntlet, as I'm trying to replenish merits. I wasn't even chasing #1. I was chasing a streak and suddenly realized I was in #1. My streak is now at 27 but I think I've dropped about 200 merits. I've got 3:34 left until it ends.

Good luck.

Long streaks aren’t necessarily the key. I got both Locutus and my first star on Guinan on nine-win streaks (the second star on Guinan came from an end-of-gauntlet reward) and both stars on my Banjoman came on three-win streaks.

I've read that. I now focus on wins for merits. I maintain over 20k merits.

Banjo Man and Chip off Trip's Block are my two most desired crew st the moment.
  • Options

Good luck.

I've read that. I now focus on wins for merits. I maintain over 20k merits.

Banjo Man and Chip off Trip's Block are my two most desired crew st the moment.

20,000 merits...wow. I thought I liked a safety cushion by not going under 3,000-4,000. Nice!
  • Options
    5liwlfydcfie.jpg

I like a big cushion. I usually have over three million credits and 5 thousand chronitons. This mega event has drained me of resources while trying to level a dozen Vulcans and Romulans. Also I've used half my basic pills today for honor. So I'm low. But it'll come back quickly.

I'm starting leveling the few Augments I have early.